Dog
Server Ops
Server Ops

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

List your Epic Fails

Post by Dog » Sun Dec 19, 2010 6:32 pm

I had one of those days where everything I did was a disaster.

1. While filling a trough to make obsidian, I fell in and died, losing all my diamond armor and stuff.
2. When I respawned and went back down and gathered what I could, I fell in a different lava pond and died again.
3. Thinking that lava was bad news, I decided to light a small beacon at the entrance of my tree farm and...it all caught fire and burned the forest down.

*sigh*

Need more diamonds!

Plinko
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Re: List your Epic Fails

Post by Plinko » Sun Dec 19, 2010 7:14 pm

I was exploring deep in my mine on Stevo's server when I broke through to a new area. I found myself surrounded by three skeleton archers as soon as I stepped in got stuck in some kind of stun-lock where I couldn't move and so I died in seconds despite full health and armor and a bunch of cooked pork in my inventory.
It took me 30 minutes to find my way back down to where I was and all my stuff was gone - including my diamond pick and I only had two diamonds left. :(

So, I gave all my stuff away and started over on TV12.

I have 12 or so diamonds if you want to take some, Dog. I owe you for the diamond sword.
"I made all my gold into pants" - Ignatius

MasterChef
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by MasterChef » Sun Dec 19, 2010 8:52 pm

Dog wrote:
1. While filling a trough to make obsidian, I fell in and died, losing all my diamond armor and stuff.
Just did this. After spending forever getting 2 and a half stacks of obsidian. I'm gonna go cry now.

metacide
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by metacide » Sun Dec 19, 2010 11:20 pm

On Blown's Server, putting up my wall around my hill/castle a creeper dropped down on top of me and exploded. Didnt hurt too much but I fell into a cavern it uncovered. Trying to make the best of it I started exploring, when I took a misstep and fell to my doom. When I went back (just in time to get my stuff) I was ambushed by zombies as I was trying to equip my gear. I died again.

Gizanked
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Gizanked » Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:34 am

I feel as though someone needs to mention the TNT incident from earlier tonight...
http://www.tf2items.com/id/evagizanked
the artist formerly known as Replica

MrBlah
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by MrBlah » Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:51 am

So, Betteh had just layed some TNT inside of a mountain with the intentions of obliterating it, blowing it to kingdom come. It took quite a while for Betteh and Giz to find a good way to set off the TNT, it was mentioned that redstone sets it off. I mention that I have a bunch of redstone on me still, as I had just finished the automated minecart sorting station. I run over and set up a fuse, and blow it up. Eager as we all were, we(well maybe just me and Betteh, I dunno who else ran in) all ran in to get a good look at what just happened inside of this mountain. Me, being the one who set off the blast, ran in first, started laying torches, etc. I saw some coal so I started mining it. At this point I was not doing a very good job paying attention to what was going on around me or what was being said on TS. I heard coal mentioned a couple times, but that was about it. Apparently, Betteh was laying more TNT. He had layed a lot more TNT and then suddenly some TNT appeared in front of me as I was about to hit a 2nd block of coal. Well, I trigged this TNT. Unknowing of the amount of TNT already been laid, I panicked when I turned around and saw a ton of TNT. So I started running frantically and started yelling "GET OUT" or something of that nature . Well Betteh didn't really get the message quick enough. TNT has a short fuse. I barely got out and with all the lag that goes on during a blast of this proportion(where you get to when the first blast goes off is about as far as you go). I made it out alive, but with only 2 hearts. Betteh perished in the blast, along with all the TNT he had with him(over 300 I think is what he said).
Eater of Potatoes, since 2008.

I am driven by two main philosophies: know more today about the world than I knew yesterday and lessen the suffering of others. You'd be surprised how far that gets you.
― Neil deGrasse Tyson

Plinko
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Plinko » Mon Dec 20, 2010 8:05 am

The teamspeak sever last night was interesting, to say the least. If I didn't know better I would have said you guys were sniffing something instead of playing with TNT.
"I made all my gold into pants" - Ignatius

KRG
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by KRG » Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:55 am

:lol: I was listening to you hosers blow yourselves up last night.

Good gawd this game is dangerously addictive. Chichen Itza is under way, with the first temple El Castillo now complete. I'm going to start hording cart tracks so I can link up to the main track somewhere and visit you hosers in the new world.

BTW thank you to all of you for helping answer all my questions along the way. :)
I have a butt and you do too. Let's be friends.

unknown
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by unknown » Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:18 pm

how do make that much tnt?

metacide
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by metacide » Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:42 pm

Another super fail today. Found my very first dungeon today. I broke in through the roof and below me I found 8 or more zombies. well they couldnt reach me so I very carefully crept up and started hitting them with blocks of rock (having no sword). After 2 or 3 minutes of that and MORE zombies showing up I determined this track is not working.

I go back to my base and make a bunch of arrow and head back in, i'm killing them gleefully now but I misstep and fall. On the bright side I discovered why there were so many zombies, there is a zombie spawner RIGHT next to where I broke through (and a chest) on the downside I was murdered most unfairly. The picks were recoverable (some glitched tho), the rest was a total loss.

John Doe
Site Admin
Site Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by John Doe » Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:24 am

Well, here is the noobs fails so far....

Just got the game, its annoying, its frustrating, and dammit its addicting!

my spawn point is in the middle of nowhere, with few resources anywhere to be found. I generally would harvest some wood, make a pick and a shovel and dig my way into a hillside to survive the night as I couldnt find any coal.

It would seem I would eventually wander around until I found coal, then I would start digging in looking for resources and building a home/mine. After a few hours something catastrophic would happen (usually a creeper) I would die, spawn out in the middle of nowhere again and have no idea where the heck I was last at. So I would start from scratch and wander in a different direction and try to create a new base/home/mine.

After about 8 hours invested today in one mine I am still alive, very scared of the dark, and in total fear of creepers.

I will continue on with single player for now, but I look forward to multiplayer soon.

JD

Pine
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Pine » Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:42 am

While adventuring with Alizee and Taco, we were traveling well away from an area just looking for clay, dungeons, iron, diamonds, etc. At one point when we were about to decide to go back, I was searching through a cave by myself when I went around a corner and from behind, where I just was, came a zombie which had made no sound and then proceeded to take 6 hearts from behind and kill me.
I had lost about 3 stacks of iron, 10 diamonds, 3 stacks of clay and more. Alizee and Taco weren't close enough to figure out where I had died to pick it all up. I was very disappointed.

TTHREAZ
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by TTHREAZ » Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:30 pm

I was out on a typical mining expedition (mine until I run out of picks) and found not one, but two spawners. Cave after cave I found with diamonds, gold and iron. More and more I gathered as I dug deeper, knowing full well that I should head back and store my newfound goodies.

After a particularly harrowing battle to destroy a spawner (down to 1 heart), I found some bread which helped the situation. Walking around with 3 hearts left I decided to continue until I used up the last of my iron picks.

Hi, Creeper.

:(

I was so far down and so far away from spawn that I was unable to get my stuff. I managed to get to the approximate area twice but ended up dying to 1) a fall into lava and 2) by the arrow of a skeleton.

Sigh. I'm both pissed and depressed. My desire to play is nonexistent for today. I think I need a grieving period.

Dog
Server Ops
Server Ops

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Dog » Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:32 pm

I know how that feels, T3!
Same thing happened. With me it is always lava or skeletons.

But I did find a whack-load of diamonds to make my shovels and picks.
Using Al's 10 high method....although MMX isn't going to like it. The place is a mess.

>--Mr. Lucksman-->
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Loading…

Post by >--Mr. Lucksman--> » Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:38 pm

I need to delete this :/
Last edited by >--Mr. Lucksman--> on Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.