Dog
Server Ops
Server Ops

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Re: Minecraft Projects!

Post by Dog » Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:45 pm

I went for a tour on Stevo's server and you guys are all extremely talented, creative and very imaginative!

KRG
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by KRG » Tue Dec 21, 2010 1:42 pm

Was wondering where you were located Dog, different server I see. :lol:

Looking to seal in my supplies from those who would pillage them ecto gamut. An indestructable block would be nice, or at least a block only destroyed by lava or something.
I have a butt and you do too. Let's be friends.

Plinko
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Plinko » Tue Dec 21, 2010 1:56 pm

Hiding is your best bet, unfortunately. You really can't do much to stop anyone who's willing to just pick down the wall.
"I made all my gold into pants" - Ignatius

MrBlah
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by MrBlah » Tue Dec 21, 2010 3:55 pm

iOwn- wrote:Okay, my hole under the lake is build for Atlantis has been excavated. It is about 27x56(?) and the ceiling varies from 7 meters to 14.

I would greatly appreciate glass donations, and possibly people adept at making cylindrical formations, so I can begin :)

I tried asking for sand, I didn't get much. 8 or so stacks from Marf. I can show you how to quarry sand quickly if you would like.
Eater of Potatoes, since 2008.

I am driven by two main philosophies: know more today about the world than I knew yesterday and lessen the suffering of others. You'd be surprised how far that gets you.
― Neil deGrasse Tyson

Pine
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Pine » Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:00 pm

MrBlah wrote:
iOwn- wrote:Okay, my hole under the lake is build for Atlantis has been excavated. It is about 27x56(?) and the ceiling varies from 7 meters to 14.

I would greatly appreciate glass donations, and possibly people adept at making cylindrical formations, so I can begin :)

I tried asking for sand, I didn't get much. 8 or so stacks from Marf. I can show you how to quarry sand quickly if you would like.
Well I'm sure I can find a bunch of sand up north, but I could use a ton of coal to make the glass

MrBlah
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by MrBlah » Tue Dec 21, 2010 5:55 pm

iOwn- wrote:
MrBlah wrote:

Well I'm sure I can find a bunch of sand up north, but I could use a ton of coal to make the glass

Buckets of lava :D But yeah, coal is the hard part. I might have some glass back at my sand castle, some sand too if you want to trek back there and take a look.
Eater of Potatoes, since 2008.

I am driven by two main philosophies: know more today about the world than I knew yesterday and lessen the suffering of others. You'd be surprised how far that gets you.
― Neil deGrasse Tyson

Plinko
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Plinko » Wed Dec 22, 2010 8:53 pm

I finally built a one block wide sky bridge from my place to your Castle, Dog. Let me know if it ruins your view and I'll take it down or set it to attach near spawn somewhere else. Long term plan is to widen it, add fencing and torches and maybe someday a rail line to connect me to everyone else.
"I made all my gold into pants" - Ignatius

Gizanked
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Gizanked » Wed Dec 22, 2010 9:07 pm

my most recent project... has been to make myself a skin.

http://www.minecraft.net/skin/skin.jsp?user=gizanked

i've linked it many times various places, but with the armor in game you can't see all my work anymore. so enjoy my lumberjack beard in the forums
http://www.tf2items.com/id/evagizanked
the artist formerly known as Replica

metacide
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by metacide » Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:48 pm

Gizanked wrote: i've linked it many times various places, but with the armor in game you can't see all my work anymore. so enjoy my lumberjack beard in the forums
We cant see your armor in game I dont think, only the skin.

Boss Llama
Site Admin
Site Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Boss Llama » Thu Dec 23, 2010 1:32 am

New with Beta, armor is now visible to all :-/

As far as projects, in order to support my work on the surface, I also do significant work below the surface. Here's "Deep Mine, Chamber 1" as it currently stands:
VIEW CONTENT:
The floor there is 6-8 meters above bedrock. I'm digging it all the way down to the bedrock, following lava/obsidian veins, and will level it out at that level as I go.
-Boss Llama

TTHREAZ
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by TTHREAZ » Thu Dec 23, 2010 3:00 am

Man, this game is addicting! I've only been playing single player but I've had my hands full being a full time excavating machine. My kids love watching me play and help me decide where I want to put tunnels and staircases back to the surface.

My current project is eradicating an underground group of skeletons that is guarding a treasure chest. I'm still trying to figure out the best way to get rid of them. Any suggestions? I entertained the idea of digging under the treasure chest and stealing it from underneath them since I know exactly where the room they are in is and have burrowed under it.

TheCarpe
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by TheCarpe » Thu Dec 23, 2010 3:07 am

TTHREAZ wrote:Man, this game is addicting! I've only been playing single player but I've had my hands full being a full time excavating machine. My kids love watching me play and help me decide where I want to put tunnels and staircases back to the surface.

My current project is eradicating an underground group of skeletons that is guarding a treasure chest. I'm still trying to figure out the best way to get rid of them. Any suggestions? I entertained the idea of digging under the treasure chest and stealing it from underneath them since I know exactly where the room they are in is and have burrowed under it.
What you found there is a Spawner. It will continually spit out more and more enemies of a certain type (in this case, Skeletons, though it can be Zombies or Spiders as well) until you destroy it. It will look like a dark blue mesh box with flames and a tiny spinning skeleton inside. Get in there with a good sword or a bow quickly before too many spawn and take them out, then destroy the spawner, quickest way is with a pick.

One thing that makes Skeleton spawners a little easier to deal with is that if one Skeleton hits another with an arrow, the two will immediately ignore you and start fighting each other. It's much easier to clear out a bunch of them if they do half the work ;)

As for the treasure chest, sometimes they're worth it and sometimes not. They have random items in them, sometimes it's iron and gold, sometimes string and bread, or if you're lucky, apples or records.

Happy hunting :)
Heck's Kitchen - TVC'08 & '11 ** The Axecutioners - TVC'09 ** Hale's Angels - TVC'10 ** CCCP - TVC'12 ** Ville Cuppin' Cakes - TVC'13 ** TheCarpetbaggers - TVC'14 CHAMPIONS

Flash
Site Admin
Site Admin
Minecraft name: FlashTVR

Games Played

Ville Awards

Snooze

Post by Flash » Thu Dec 23, 2010 8:20 am

Alizée Fan wrote:As far as projects, in order to support my work on the surface, I also do significant work below the surface. Here's "Deep Mine, Chamber 1" as it currently stands:
Alizee, I've been meaning to ask since visiting your place the other day, have you dug that chamber out by hand or is there some trick I'm missing?

Boss Llama
Site Admin
Site Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Boss Llama » Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:41 am

Flash wrote:
Alizée Fan wrote:As far as projects, in order to support my work on the surface, I also do significant work below the surface. Here's "Deep Mine, Chamber 1" as it currently stands:
Alizee, I've been meaning to ask since visiting your place the other day, have you dug that chamber out by hand or is there some trick I'm missing?
No trick, it's all by hand. I started at a central point, pursuing the edges of some lava, and simply cleared in all directions from there. When the ceiling went out of reach, I climbed in to some upper chambers, and dug outwards to the same size, then removed the floor to connect them.

There are two other chambers in various stages of being brought up to that standard as well, but they're nowhere near complete. I'll probably pursue the floorwork in Chamber 1 first.

@TThreaz - In addition to Carpe's sage advice above, when you rush in to the room, throw down a bunch of torches on the floor. That will prevent additional spawns while you clean up the skellies and knock out the spawner.
-Boss Llama

Dog
Server Ops
Server Ops

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Dog » Thu Dec 23, 2010 12:22 pm

Plinko wrote:I finally built a one block wide sky bridge from my place to your Castle, Dog. Let me know if it ruins your view and I'll take it down or set it to attach near spawn somewhere else. Long term plan is to widen it, add fencing and torches and maybe someday a rail line to connect me to everyone else.
Rail line sounds good but we're gonna need Buzzy to help make it!