L4D2 Demo thoughts

Join TheVille's best fun-loving zombie experts as they reduce the number of infected!
Flobee
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Re: L4D2 Demo thoughts

Post by Flobee » Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:11 am

HEY THOSE ZOMBIES ARE WEARIN' ARMOR!
where doing this man.
where MAKING THIS HAPEN.

arfy4
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by arfy4 » Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:25 am

THEIR BACKS AINT BULLETPROOF!

Guardian
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Post by Guardian » Mon Nov 09, 2009 1:04 am

[quote="Flobee";p="208185"]HEY THOSE ZOMBIES ARE WEARIN' ARMOR![/quote]

I WANT ARMOR

Shifty
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Shifty » Mon Nov 09, 2009 4:26 pm

In my first sesh with the demo, I didn't really like it.

First off, the level was rather uninteresting. Especially a daytime level. Yawn.

The melee weapons are a neat addition, but hardly worthy of a back-of-the-box special feature deceleration. Especially since the swing speed is so slow, it doesn't help at all with big swarms around you.

It might have been the daytime lighting, but nothing about the Source engine was very impressive. Everything looked and felt a big cartoony. The guns didn't sound great and looked comically proportioned.

The various little additions, such as the injection thing (whatever that was called) and the revival defibrillator hardly warrant a brand new game.

I'll definitely give it another chance, I only had an hour with it. But most likely until it's >20 bucks, I'll pass.

TheCarpe
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by TheCarpe » Mon Nov 09, 2009 5:31 pm

[quote="Shifty";p="208278"]In my first sesh with the demo, I didn't really like it.

First off, the level was rather uninteresting. Especially a daytime level. Yawn.

The melee weapons are a neat addition, but hardly worthy of a back-of-the-box special feature deceleration. Especially since the swing speed is so slow, it doesn't help at all with big swarms around you.

It might have been the daytime lighting, but nothing about the Source engine was very impressive. Everything looked and felt a big cartoony. The guns didn't sound great and looked comically proportioned.

The various little additions, such as the injection thing (whatever that was called) and the revival defibrillator hardly warrant a brand new game.

I'll definitely give it another chance, I only had an hour with it. But most likely until it's >20 bucks, I'll pass.[/quote]

What difficulty did you play on? The melee's aren't great on Expert, but in everything up to Advanced I've been able to take out handfuls of infected at a time with the guitar or machete. I think you're confusing the term cartoony with colorful. The two aren't interchangable. Also, if I recall correctly, Parish is the only campaign in the daylight. They likely picked it for the demo because it was different. The Adrenaline Injector is kind of a head scratcher, but Defib paddle can be invaluable in higher difficulties.

Also, Boomer Bile. In a grenade. What's not to love?
Heck's Kitchen - TVC'08 & '11 ** The Axecutioners - TVC'09 ** Hale's Angels - TVC'10 ** CCCP - TVC'12 ** Ville Cuppin' Cakes - TVC'13 ** TheCarpetbaggers - TVC'14 CHAMPIONS

Cpt. Winky
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Cpt. Winky » Mon Nov 09, 2009 5:43 pm

Does the Adrenaline get rid of the slowdown that occurs when common infect scratch you? if it doesnt, I'm just gonna stick with pills... Boomer bile is cool, but I still think the molitov is better... but booming boomers is pretty funny

:icon_heart: RIP TW 1954 - 2008

Plinko
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Plinko » Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:05 pm

I can see the adrenaline having uses, maybe you could kite the tank with it a bit or somesuch. I found it useful for the running around the fence part of Parish Stage 2.
"I made all my gold into pants" - Ignatius

TTHREAZ
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by TTHREAZ » Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:28 pm

[quote="Plinko";p="208294"]I found it useful for the running around the fence part of Parish Stage 2.[/quote]

Exactly. I played with a buddy of mine and we'd both inject one and then grab another off the table before heading out.

It may have been the buddy I was playing with but I've had a blast playing it. We played Expert with 2 bots and failed numerous times but we still had fun. We'd comment on just how retarded the bots were and have fun with them.

BigBiker05
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by BigBiker05 » Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:28 pm

For the gauntlet on Parish stage 2, I'm afraid to do it without an adrenaline shot. I also only play expert. I haven't kited a tank yet but I'm sure you can easily outrun it half a map with adrenaline shot then get to a safe-house.

Melee weapons in my opinion are OP. Each one acts differently but they can all take downa tank on expert in 12-16 hits.

Additionally, with 3 bots, I was able to get on top of the tower from the start with only melee weapons. Sadly, I got knocked down after hitting the switch and the AI didnt make it through the gauntlet.

Ra^Groz
Villun
Villun

Post by Ra^Groz » Tue Nov 10, 2009 11:57 am

Played it on Expert just now. Way too easy I only had to heal myself once. Honestly isn't much of a difference between advanced and expert. I also played as the infected yesterday. Pretty fun, Hunter is my favorite then Jockey then Charger. Spitter and the tounge one were boring and lame. Also don't see the use for adrenaline or pills. I don't need to run away from anything. I just kill them all and move on. AI isn't that impressive. I understand they're zombies but they definitely sucks at dodging poles. They should also climb up and over cars faster and smoother.

Captain Jim
Villun
Villun
Loading…

Post by Captain Jim » Sat Nov 14, 2009 3:48 am

Played the demo a few times. I think it's really fun, even if Spitters make me want to claw out my eyeballs. You won't want to play with me when I wield a guitar, however, seeing as it causes me to yell "ELLLL KABOOOONG!" as I jump and hit zombies with it.

Eonwe
Villun
Villun

Post by Eonwe » Sat Nov 14, 2009 11:55 pm

I've had a lot of fun with the demo so far, and as for the adrenaline question it removes the slowdown you get when zombies hit you. I'm sure it'll have other places its useful as well, but its a godsend in the fence part of the Parish.