Realism Mode: The only way to play

Join TheVille's best fun-loving zombie experts as they reduce the number of infected!
Oddjob
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Realism Mode: The only way to play

Post by Oddjob » Thu Nov 19, 2009 2:15 pm

Who else has tried this mode and feels the same way I do?

I feel like its best to start off on these levels of difficulty that way you don't develop bad habits. This mode will really teach you to melee first when you see things close to you instead of a shoot first mentality. It develops better visual confirmation of targets since your teammates aren't outlined. You have to learn the item spawns and check better because you don't get obvious visual cues for items around. Once you die you are dead for good until the next safe level/safe room.

I think it really makes the game play a lot better and will infinitely help in versus so you aren't shooting your teammates and you are checking your targets better. The zombies don't do any more damage on this mode than expert but the other game play changes are what makes it a decent amount more difficult. I'd be curious to hear everyone's thoughts.

Clay Pigeon
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Clay Pigeon » Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:45 pm

It lost its appeal to me when I found out that headshots were not required to drop the zombies.
"No dictator, no invader can hold an imprisoned population by force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power tyrants and dictators cannot stand." - The prophet G'Kar