Cube_Lasertag suggestions

A forum dedicated to chat about maps and the Source SDK for any Mod including tips and tutorials.
dredfox
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Cube_Lasertag suggestions

Post by dredfox » Mon Jul 28, 2008 1:00 am

If anybody has any suggestions on what I can improve in the Lasertag cube soccer map, please let me know. I'm working on special lighting and other effects to make the map look nicer, but I would like to know how I can improve the way the map plays. Of course, suggestions about aesthetics are welcome too.

MrBlah
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by MrBlah » Mon Jul 28, 2008 1:13 am

dont have the spawns in the corners like they are, I think you should raise them in a platform on the right and left sides you kinda get what Im saying :)
Eater of Potatoes, since 2008.

I am driven by two main philosophies: know more today about the world than I knew yesterday and lessen the suffering of others. You'd be surprised how far that gets you.
― Neil deGrasse Tyson

dredfox
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by dredfox » Mon Jul 28, 2008 6:39 pm

[quote="MrBlah";p="110470"]dont have the spawns in the corners like they are, I think you should raise them in a platform on the right and left sides you kinda get what Im saying :)[/quote]

I had thought about moving the spawns to be less accessible. There seemed to be a few comments about spawn campers. Do you think I should move the spawns across from each other in the middle of leave them at either end? Either way I'll have to raise them up away from the action.

In the mean time, I've been playing with spot lights as projectors for this map. Any comments?

shimmybot
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by shimmybot » Mon Jul 28, 2008 7:03 pm

If you want lazers, theres a tut on them here :lol: http://www.fpsbanana.com/tuts/3134