DMC - Rulebook

Moderator: Site Admins

TheVille Events Committee
Villun
Villun

DMC - Rulebook

Post by TheVille Events Committee » Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:42 pm

Every 1st Friday night of the monthat theville.org

A seasonal 1 on 1 Deathmatch Championship involving all 9 classes, broken down into weight classes.

There are 3 Championship belts to be obtained, defended, and/or lost. There is 1 Championship belt per each division so you can choose a weight class that best suits your individual fun/skill level.

How it works!

This is a 1 on 1, all weapons affair! No health or ammo resupply!

Restrictions:
Spy - No watches of any kind! - You may disguise
Engineer - No Build
Sniper - No Sniper Rifle - All other weapons allowed

Map = New map this season thanks to Dog and l3eeron!

Fight Durations

Standard Fight: 3 Rounds (best of)

Top Contender Fight: 5 Rounds (best of)

Title Fight: 7 Rounds (best of)

Points System

Each division has it's own ladder/ranking system. Rankings in the ladder are decided by your Ladder Score (points total). Ties in the ladder are broken by fight records. If fight records are tied in this instance, the fighters will fight each other.

- Each fighter starts with a score of 0
- 25 Points for each "best of" win
- 12.5 (split points) for a "best of" draw
- 0 Points for a loss

When do I fight?

Fight cards will be posted at least 1 week prior to every DMC night. If you are scheduled to fight and your opponent does not show, another fighter will be chosen to step in for your opponent. You are not penalized for not showing up for a fight, though if you make it a habit of not showing, you may not be put on future fight cards.

Who do I fight?

At the beginning of a season, fighters are randomly paired. After the first fights, fights are created based on fighter rankings in the ladder.

How do I select which class I play in my division?

If you choose to agree to classes with your opponent prior to a fight, that is completely acceptable. Otherwise;

Before the fight starts, each fighter secretly selects their character in spawn. NO CHANGING CLASSES ONCE YOUR SPAWN DOOR OPENS!! Any change will result in a complete disqualification and your opponent will be awarded a win for that duel. A fighter may change classes in spawn, after a win/death. Once again, if your spawn door opens, that is YOUR CLASS!

You may change weapons, load outs etc in spawn.

Win/Lose/Draw

Ladder scores and fight records will be kept up to date in the Signup/Ranking thread. (0-0-0) is the format. A win is scored by killing your opponent in a "best of" fight. If best of 3, you must kill your opponent 2 times, etc. You lose by being killed as many times. If both fighters happen to kill each other in the same fight, it is counted as a draw. One fighter must survive the fight to be awarded a win. If both fighters end up in a complete draw after their "best of" fights, they split the full fight points. Modifer points are not applied to a draw.

"What if I die after my opponent?"
The fight will be considered a draw. If you are on fire, you must wait for the flames to go out before the fight will be considered complete. One fighter must survive the fight to be awarded a win.

Challenge!

Want to rise up the ranks quickly? Or maybe there's an old loss you want to revenge? During a challenge fight night, any fighter may challenge any fighter (despite rank) to a (best of 3) fight. A challenge can not be turned down! These fights will not be considered title fights so only points/record will be at stake.

Modifier: In addition to the 25 points for a win, winners receive an additional +5 points for each win (fight record) your opponent has above yours.

Modifier Example;

Fighter A Record (3-2-0) - Fighter B Record (5-1-0)
If fighter A wins, he/she is awarded 25 flat points for the win plus an additional +10 for the 2 wins Fighter B had above theirs. This means you earn more points when defeating someone with a better record than you.

Earning more points places you higher in the ladder, thus facing tougher opponents. So choose wisely!

Becoming a Top Contender
Fighter points/rankings determine who are the Top Contenders in each division. A fighter can become a Top Contender by earning points and rising up the ladder in their division. Only a Top Contender may fight for the Championship (of their division).

Fighting the Champ
So you're a Top Contender and you think you're ready to dethrone the champ? Whoa there! If the Champ so choses, he/she may elect to choose which class you both play, if they are willing to match you class for class. If the Champ chooses this option, they must play 1 of each class (in the division) throughout the (best of 7) match. If the Champ does not choose this option, standard fight rules apply. The Champ must make this decision before the first fight begins.

Becoming Champ
You have to beat the Champ! A Champ retains their division belt until a Top Contender beats them. The Champ must defend his/her title at least once per month (fight a Top Contender) or an interim Champion will be named. If the Champ is unable to fight the interim Champ within 1 month, he/she loses the belt.

Champ Loses The Belt
If the champ loses his/her belt for any reason, they will be considered a Top Contender (despite ladder rank) for 1 fight. The ex-Champ must defeat 1 Top Contender before challenging for the belt again. If the Champ fails to defeat the Top Contender in such a fight, their ladder score will again, determine their ranking.

---------------------------------------------------

Got it? Yeah, sure you do! :lol:

Ready to fight for a belt anyway?

Last edited by KRG on Sat Mar 06, 2010 8:59 am, edited 9 times in total.

KRG
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Re: DMC - Season II Signup

Post by KRG » Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:54 pm

The Champs are back to defend their crowns! All records and points earned from Season I continue on!

Anyone can sign up for Season II and work their way up the ladder quickly! In fact, the newer you are, the higher points you earn when fighting seasoned opponents!

If you participated in Season I and wish to continue in Season II, please sign up!
I have a butt and you do too. Let's be friends.

The House
Villun
Villun

Post by The House » Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:13 pm

The House will give 10,000 forum points fight bonus to the first fighter to defeat. . . the undefeated MasterChef in the Middleweight Class! :twisted:

Pine
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Pine » Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:22 pm

I would like to sign up for the lightweight please :)

Pine
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Pine » Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:24 pm

and I have a question for the spy.
Let's say you have a Dead Ringer on-- would you be able to use it as long as you immediately turned off cloak?

TheCarpe
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by TheCarpe » Sat Feb 20, 2010 12:27 am

Sign me up. All three.
Heck's Kitchen - TVC'08 & '11 ** The Axecutioners - TVC'09 ** Hale's Angels - TVC'10 ** CCCP - TVC'12 ** Ville Cuppin' Cakes - TVC'13 ** TheCarpetbaggers - TVC'14 CHAMPIONS

arfy4
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by arfy4 » Sat Feb 20, 2010 12:38 am

I'll be an alt on all three if there is such a thing as an alt on this. Aso, the scout is the lightes class in the game. How is he a heavyweight?

Gizanked
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Gizanked » Sat Feb 20, 2010 12:45 am

hopefully i'll be able to defend my belt. I forget what time these things were going on, but my new job has me working till 9est on fridays.
http://www.tf2items.com/id/evagizanked
the artist formerly known as Replica

Cpt. Winky
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Cpt. Winky » Sat Feb 20, 2010 12:50 am

I'll throw my hat in just for giggles.

:icon_heart: RIP TW 1954 - 2008

KRG
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by KRG » Sat Feb 20, 2010 1:08 am

iOwn: Signed up! No watches of any kind.

TheCarpe: Signed up! Oh, taking on the lightweight too this season eh?

arfy4: No, whales mate in the "dry" season.

Gizanked: Ouch Champ! These will generally start from 7-8 CST.

Cpt Winky: I am giggling at your hat. But really, what weight class is your hat?
I have a butt and you do too. Let's be friends.

Gizanked
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Gizanked » Sat Feb 20, 2010 1:41 am

[quote="arfy4";p="226622"]I'll be an alt on all three if there is such a thing as an alt on this. Aso, the scout is the lightes class in the game. How is he a heavyweight?[/quote]

its based on a 1 on 1 killing power thread that happened prior to season 1
http://www.tf2items.com/id/evagizanked
the artist formerly known as Replica

Corgasm
Villun
Villun
Loading…

Post by Corgasm » Sat Feb 20, 2010 5:34 am

Yes Yes Yes!

Sign me up for Lightweight please. :D
[img]http://img251.imageshack.us/img251/5861/pants20.jpg[/img]

Boss Llama
Site Admin
Site Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Boss Llama » Sat Feb 20, 2010 6:38 am

Sign me up, all three classes please.
-Boss Llama

TheCarpe
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by TheCarpe » Sat Feb 20, 2010 7:56 am

[quote="Kjeldorian Royal Guard 42";p="226630"]TheCarpe: Signed up! Oh, taking on the lightweight too this season eh?[/quote]

Action Engi is here to rescue the DMC.
Heck's Kitchen - TVC'08 & '11 ** The Axecutioners - TVC'09 ** Hale's Angels - TVC'10 ** CCCP - TVC'12 ** Ville Cuppin' Cakes - TVC'13 ** TheCarpetbaggers - TVC'14 CHAMPIONS

Dirty Dan
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Dirty Dan » Sat Feb 20, 2010 8:00 am

Oh funsies, sign me up, any & all classes.