Zork Nemesis
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Re: Borderlands 2

Post by Zork Nemesis » Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:37 pm

According to the Store page, players who purchased the Season Pass get the Ultimate Vault Hunter upgrade as part of it.
Also it's now available, for five bucks (or the season pass), your level cap is now 61.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/224200/

This is hard to be cool and suave while being informative at the same time. Goddamn my coolness.
In my experience, common sense isn't too common.

Jesus_Faction
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Jesus_Faction » Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:31 am

bluntspoon
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Re: Soloing Jackenstein

Post by bluntspoon » Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:55 pm

Jackenstein is proving to be a pill.

I can get rid of the 2 chambers on top of his head and even last for a while shooting at his chest but can't seem to finish him off. I don't have a decent adaptive shield for elemental resistance, is there a decent place to farm to get one? Not even legendary, just a nice purple would do I think.

Zork Nemesis
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Re: Soloing Jackenstein

Post by Zork Nemesis » Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:48 pm

bluntspoon wrote: I can get rid of the 2 chambers on top of his head and even last for a while shooting at his chest but can't seem to finish him off. I don't have a decent adaptive shield for elemental resistance, is there a decent place to farm to get one? Not even legendary, just a nice purple would do I think.
A purple adaptive shield is down to luck, I've found a few by re-raiding the treasure room at the end of Captain Scarlett via exploit, but there's no surefire way to ensure a purple Adaptive shield there. If you're after one though, farm mobs that have high amounts of drops: Warrior and BNK-3R for starters, also any of the "raid bosses" tend to drop three or four purple items per kill; from my experience Pyro Pete is the easiest solo and I don't know if they reinstated their once-per-day policy on raiding. You could also abuse the exploit and farm the treasure room in Captain Scarlett where you're guaranteed nine chests of blue-or-better loot. If you don't want to exploit or can't pull it off (it's a little tricky), there's a chest at the very end of Hero's Pass that you can farm: simply enter the Vault of the Warrior, exit back to Hero's Pass, open the box, loot, and quit. Relog in, and you'll be on top of the closed box, primed for farming.

Your best bet though is to farm the Neogenerator off Spycho in Frostburn Canyon or purchase an Evolution from the Seraph vendor in Oasis for 120 crystals. The two are very similar, providing the highest percent damage reduction out of any adaptive shield as well as giving a hefty health bonus and passive regeneration while the shield is active. The Evolution generally has a higher delay and lower charge rate, but comes with double capacity than the Neogenerator if they share the same parts.

This is hard to be cool and suave while being informative at the same time. Goddamn my coolness.

bluntspoon
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by bluntspoon » Fri Jun 28, 2013 8:33 pm

Thanks Zork. The only DLC I had was Hammerlock, however with the Amazon deal Jesus posted I went ahead and bought the rest. I'll leave Jackenstein alone for a bit and start working my way through the rest of the DLC's. I took a longish break from the game and I'm enjoying it a lot right now.

Zork Nemesis
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Zork Nemesis » Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:51 pm

So I don't know if i'm crazy or if i'm just getting better at the game but I found Krieg was incredibly easy to solo through True Vault Hunter Mode, much more so than Gaige or Salvador. Where i'm often having horrific flashbacks over Slagged Bloodwing with Sal or Gaige (to the point where I actually had to backtrack for a better shield for Gaige), I mowed her over with only one death on the melee-focused character. Not to mention reaching and defeating the TVHM Warrior at level 49. For some reason it just seems odd that a melee-centric character can easily outperform a guy with dual-wielding guns in a game about collecting guns.

Also Krieg is ridiculously fun to play as anyway.

Goryion
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Loading…

Post by Goryion » Thu Jul 04, 2013 11:12 am

Shift Codes: 5 each.

W3WBJ-SC9HC-C3Z3J-3B3TJ-RS3HJ
CTWBJ-BXHSC-WBHJB-B3BBT-JJ5R9

dammets89
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by dammets89 » Sun Jul 21, 2013 6:05 pm

I started playing this :D I don't really know how the co-op works so I may need some guidance. As of now I have a level 3 assassin.
2013 Ville Cup- GOD (Group of Drunks) 2nd Place
2014 Ville Cup- GCI| Guild of Calamitous Intent 3rd place

Baron_OHM
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Baron_OHM » Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:31 pm

I'm looking for some level 61's to join me on a smashing tour of the high level so-called "invincible" raid bosses. Need 3 more atm. Hit me up with a PM or a bowl of eridium and we'll get some epic loot.

bluntspoon
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by bluntspoon » Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:37 pm

I'm a tick away from getting my first character to 61 (an Axton) and am having a blast. From 50 to 57 I used at lot of Moxxi related weapons, the Good Touch and Heart Breaker were (and still are) staples. And then.....

....I farmed the Torgue Bar Brawl for perhaps 90 minutes building tokens and bought a DPUH. Boy howdy, the kids aren't wrong, this gun is amazing and has totally changed my play style. Slag, get in close and fire away. Fun. FFYL isn't so scary when you are carrying this.

Also, I switched to UVHM around level 53 and have enjoyed the hell out of it with one or two exceptions. I'm shocked at the re-playability of this game and am impressed that you can take down most anything without Legendary weapons if you play smart.

I'm looking forward to finishing up Tina's DLC and going back to the Pirate DLC at 61. And dammit, at some point I need to go back and get a L61 Heart Breaker. I love that gun.

Baron_OHM
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Baron_OHM » Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:50 pm

Lol, oh man. Those two are by far the best DLC, though Torque's has some great dialog. I'm so happy they threw out BL 1's writing staff. The game proper and DLC have had me laughing more than most comedies I've seen... save for Hot Fuzz. ^^

Anyway, I've got a sniper build with literally at least 4 different snipers on hand as well as some other fancy guns that are not sniper rifles, but may as well be. I've got the Bee Shield equipped so I do about 300k damage per shot with slag. I think having Axton around will help a lot. I'll send you a friend req and once we get a total of four we can go for it.

I tried to solo Scarlett's special boss and nearly killed him in one shot O.O with an accidental glitch Zero's "Bore" ability occasionally creates. If I can replicate it, we'll get some easy kills but I don't plan to exploit at all. Soloing them is boring, frankly, and the whole point of a group is to tactically kick their butts. :D

l33tOMGlolz!11!shift
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by l33tOMGlolz!11!shift » Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:29 pm

I'm up for whacking the dragons. I'm after a particular mod (the new ones in Tina Tina's) for my mechromancer and the chest-a-palooza afterwards will probably get it.

I've gotten 2.5 of them dead with melee zer0 but my hide of terramorphous isn't good enough I don't think. The roid dmg is too low.
-OS/2

dammets89
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by dammets89 » Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:30 pm

I just had an annoying experience attempting to have a public game.
"Oooh a legendary. I wonder what it is. Cool, who else is interested in this legen... *other guy takes it without a glance*"

Anyways, I'm looking for some people to join me in picking stuff up from the ground and discussing it like fine gentleman over rainbow cookies. PM me if interested. I'm a level 26 assassin on normal mode. Not much, I know. But remember, the rainbow cookies.
2013 Ville Cup- GOD (Group of Drunks) 2nd Place
2014 Ville Cup- GCI| Guild of Calamitous Intent 3rd place

Zork Nemesis
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Zork Nemesis » Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:57 pm

dammets89 wrote:I just had an annoying experience attempting to have a public game.
"Oooh a legendary. I wonder what it is. Cool, who else is interested in this legen... *other guy takes it without a glance*"
Don't ever play public games for this reason alone.

bluntspoon
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by bluntspoon » Sun Aug 04, 2013 10:48 pm

I've been trying to get a lv61 Miss Moxxi's Bad Touch and I've just found out I need to have a low level character join me in Santuary who has never tipped her for it to happen.

I'm wondering if anyone has a mule/alt sitting around who's never tipped Moxxi who can help me out?