Boss Llama
Site Admin
Site Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Re: Possible Successor to DoD?

Post by Boss Llama » Sat Dec 14, 2019 4:39 pm

Good to see you in game yesterday, Rohan :-D What are you thoughts on the latest version?
-Boss Llama

Rohan
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by Rohan » Sat Dec 14, 2019 5:16 pm

wish it was more like DoD than DoD:s, need more players to get an actual feel of the game. I saw the reviews, apparently it was released like 2 years ago and most of the reviews are now negative because it's to much like DoD. Idc that it's DoD re-polished, would just be nice to get the community back together with interest in a new game. Could use more maps but I'm sure they will release more as the game ages. Overall I like it, not sure it's worth the $20 it might start at, but definitly a fun game and worth playing just for the feel of the nostalgia of playing DoD. How about you?
Ville Cup 07 DoD 1.3 Finalist ={KPS}=
Ville Cup 07 DoD:S Team *S|E*
Ville Cup 06 DoD 1.3 Finalist =(M)-(M)=

Boss Llama
Site Admin
Site Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Boss Llama » Sun Dec 15, 2019 2:26 pm

I'm enjoying it. It absolutely requires a team that understands how gameplay works (ie, play the objective, don't just deathmatch), but with two teams that really "get it" I've had a couple games go the full 15 minutes and be just a thrilling battle the entire time. I've also had games that were steamrolls one way or the other, because people will just walk past the flag without capping, will ignore objectives to try and snipe, etc. So, basically, a lot like most shooters! When it releases and has the other game modes, that'll be helpful for sure, since people can play what they want, or rotate through styles and not get too bored. I think it could be really nice for us to see if we can get a server up early on and try to build a little bit of a community with the players. Having the ability to admin it properly will of course be key, but it doesn't seem like that should end up being a problem.
-Boss Llama

LJ
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by LJ » Sun Feb 16, 2020 11:18 am

I just bought this a few days ago. I like the feel of it so far but I'm mostly seeing empty servers or euro ones with a terrible ping. I'm hoping it picks up soon.