black_and_blue
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Flux Networks: Would this be cheating?

Post by black_and_blue » Tue Aug 20, 2019 7:13 pm

In the Flux Networks mod, the intended primary way of getting flux is by throwing redstone into fire or lava. This converts it 1:1 to flux.

However, this doesn't work on our FTB server because it is disabled in FTB Revelations. Google says that the reason it is disabled is because of a bug that causes AE2 to duplicate redstone under some circumstances if this is enabled.

In Single Player, I tried enabled the config and was able to get flux by throwing it into fire. I was even able to convert a whole stack of redstone into flux by throwing the whole stack in at once. That said, I don't think we would want to do this config change on the server because we don't want to be having AE2 duplicate redstone.

So...they question is, would it be OK for me to throw a bunch of redstone into fire (thus destroying it), then use creative mode to create the same amount of flux? I'm thinking yes because I would just be doing exactly the same recipe as the mod intends, and would be allowed in FTB Revelations if not for the bug.

What do people think? Is this OK, or would it be cheating? If the concern is that I would be doing things that non-admins can't do, I can convert a whole bunch (still at a 1:1 with redstone) and leave the results at spawn so everyone has access to it.

Boss Llama
Site Admin
Site Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Re: Flux Networks: Would this be cheating?

Post by Boss Llama » Tue Aug 20, 2019 7:14 pm

I have no problem with that - go for it!
-Boss Llama