Have our GOATS been stolen?

Join the conversation about the popular FPS from Blizzard!
black_and_blue
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Have our GOATS been stolen?

Post by black_and_blue » Thu May 16, 2019 7:45 pm

This is kind of old news, but the most successful meta in Overwatch right now is GOATS. It doesn't stand for anything; it's a 3 support, 3 tank combination that was first popularized by a team called GOATS.

https://dotesports.com/overwatch/news/o ... -explained

Boss Llama
Site Admin
Site Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Re: Have our GOATS been stolen?

Post by Boss Llama » Sun May 19, 2019 7:11 am

Doesn't seem surprising, other than that it took this long to figure out. The exact same thing was super effective in TF2 - just called "the combo" with a Heavy/Medic, and frequently limited by artificial caps because otherwise the pairs dominated the whole field. In a game like Overwatch, where the traits of individual class types are exaggerated even more, seems like it ought to be pretty ridiculous.

I've played very little Overwatch (maybe 20 hours? Maybe?), but even in that time I could utterly dominate a point by going tank and sitting on it with a healer nearby. Obviously more skilled people could take me out, but in a comp where everybody has high skill levels, it's going to be crazy effective.
-Boss Llama

three_gunn
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Re: Have our GOATS been stolen?

Post by three_gunn » Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:13 pm

I only played about 20 hours or so when it first came out in as well. It was only recently I found out about the upcoming role queue that enticed me back. Discovered Baptiste and now have over 30+ hours on him while waiting for the upcoming patch.