Boss Llama
Site Admin
Site Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Aquaville

Post by Boss Llama » Fri Jul 20, 2018 3:41 pm

Howdy all! Figured we could use a general chatter thread for Aquaville, now that the server is up!

I've got myself set up on the coastline due west of spawn, across the water around 2000 meters away. I'm built in to a beached shipwreck that I've done a bit of restoration work on while working to develop the know-how and support base to properly build at sea. It looks like somebody must have come ashore a few hundred meters to my south and headed inland at the desert there, though I'm not sure who that was as yet.

How's everybody's first day or two going?
-Boss Llama

M's
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Re: Aquaville

Post by M's » Fri Jul 20, 2018 4:20 pm

I'm in the same area. X -3320, Z -130
There's a village where I washed up. But I am going to be moving further inland.

Flash
Site Admin
Site Admin
Minecraft name: FlashTVR

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by Flash » Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:06 pm

There is an underwater temple about 800 blocks due south from spawn island.

Boss Llama
Site Admin
Site Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Boss Llama » Sat Jul 21, 2018 7:48 am

Flash wrote:There is an underwater temple about 800 blocks due south from spawn island.
Ok, cool. There's one out by me as well, about 400m south of my base, but one closer to spawn is obviously preferable!
-Boss Llama

Inner
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Inner » Sat Jul 21, 2018 4:11 pm

Skelly Spawner/Grinder up and running. Signs to nether portal...right next to mine. Also bring your fishing rod and enjoy the stocked pond.

M's
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by M's » Sun Jul 22, 2018 7:33 am

Thanks Inner

Flash
Site Admin
Site Admin
Minecraft name: FlashTVR

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by Flash » Sun Jul 22, 2018 10:39 am

I'm thinking a good neighbor policy to try and follow is to remove the chests from underwater ruins once you raid the contents. This way another player won't spend the time trying to swim down and recover what turns out to be an empty chest!

M's
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by M's » Sun Jul 22, 2018 11:42 am

Good Idea Flash. Along with that post a torch or a piece of cobble to mark it as looted.
Also I moved to a new location. -3900 - 800 area.

Inner
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Inner » Sun Jul 22, 2018 12:29 pm

<eVa>mlite wrote:Good Idea Flash. Along with that post a torch or a piece of cobble to mark it as looted.
Also I moved to a new location. -3900 - 800 area.

Sounds good to me.

Boss Llama
Site Admin
Site Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Boss Llama » Wed Jul 25, 2018 6:19 am

So Conduits are actually pretty darn easy to set up, as it turns out - you just need the prismarine to do it. It's a lot like setting up bookcases around an enchanting table, just in 3 dimensions. Place the conduit in the center, like the table would be. Then build yourself a 5x5 hollow square of prismarine-based blocks around it, making sure there's water in all the blocks closest to the conduit (a 3x3x3 cube), and presto, underwater breathing, clear vision, and a light source. Add additional prismarine, up to 42 blocks, for maximum effect. The "perfect set-up" in terms of numbers is three hollow squares interlinking around it, one in each dimension.

To get the prismarine without having to kill three elder guardians to end debuffing, you can TNT mine a monument. Place your TNT against a corner full of prismarine, cover all but one remaining side with sand, light it, and drop a sand block across the final water side (since water neutralizes TNT, you want to isolate it). A good chunk of the blocks will be destroyed, but enough will remain intact for collection that it only took me maybe 6-8 blasts to collect enough for a full 42 block conduit all of the same type. If we want to avoid messing up the one closest to spawn, I have set up a monument a few hundred meters to my south with a stone bridge out to it, a cry shack on the shore, and have killed the elder in the top chamber. Feel free to blast that one to bits. The approximate location is -2300, 600. Take the nether rail towards my and B&B's place - I'll be the first station. Hop out, head south from my place along the coast, and you'll reach it in just a couple minutes.
-Boss Llama

celimare
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Loading…

Post by celimare » Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:16 am

Hiya Villuns!

Do we have a link to the Google map for Aquaville? My old eyes have scanned around our site, and I must've missed it. :P

Thank you,
celimare
Thanks to Sparky062097 for my customized avatar! :-)

M's
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by M's » Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:21 am

celimare wrote:Hiya Villuns!

Do we have a link to the Google map for Aquaville? My old eyes have scanned around our site, and I must've missed it. :P

Thank you,
celimare
We haven't got a map yet, sorry.

Inner
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Inner » Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:16 am

What mlite said.

To expand a bit, it's an issue of how Minecraft changed from 1.12 to 1.13. Most notably changing the internal names of lots of the blocks. (For more details see: https://minecraft.gamepedia.com/1.13/Flattening)

The map making software we've been using, "Mapcrafter" (https://mapcrafter.org/index) did not keep up with the changes. And it may be a while before it's usable.

So, it's not that we don't want a map or haven't tried making one, it's just not working right now. Our greatest minds are hard at work on this issue! Nobody likes being without a map.

Nevertheless, a tip: Get a pad or piece of paper and keep it at your PC. (Mine is taped to the wall.) Write down any important coordinates. While not as good as a visual map, at least you'll have some reference. Like: Icebergs@-5300,-1900 (true!)

P.S. Microsoft people, just go ahead and add world maps in 1.14...please?

John Doe
Site Admin
Site Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by John Doe » Mon Jul 30, 2018 12:06 pm

Inner, can you just setup a webcam with a live feed that we can all view and point it at the map? We will contact you with the coordinates we need you to add and maintain ;-P

Boss Llama
Site Admin
Site Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Boss Llama » Mon Jul 30, 2018 4:12 pm

I spoke with Stevo, and since the mapping software we like isn't updated yet, I can generate a basic map of the world and add information to it about where people are. It won't be "live" showing exploration and construction like the normal one, but it'll help as a reference point for folks.

If you'd like to be indicated on the map, please post the X/Z coords of your home here, or let me know in game, and I'll try to get that kicked out in the next few days!
-Boss Llama