Fox_Blaze
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

FoxBlaze shares her ART!!!!!

Post by Fox_Blaze » Mon Oct 24, 2016 10:14 pm

I rise from the dead to see not much activity like the old days, but I see a lot of you hanging on!
It's a very welcome sight after a tumultuous few years for myself. An ever ongoing battle with my illnesses, work stress and relationships makes it hard to game a lot, or stay consistantly dedicated to something for very long.

So I became selective in my interests. I know the rest of y'all don't sweat it too much and are happy to see me here again.

One thing that has stayed the same about me is my passion for art. My creative streak has taken a severe hit these last few years, so I'm not producing the kind of work I want to, but I'm feeling uplifted in these final months of 2016, so why not share the works I DID create this year and feel moderately proud of.

WARNING FOR LARGE PHOTOS IM SORRY.

2014 was a weird, uneventful year of scribbly art and lack of effort. Some character development though.
VIEW CONTENT:
This post in general: http://bear-mom.tumblr.com/post/1164899 ... ure-but-it I mean, what. I'm not a nerd, noooooo....Otherwise 2015 was equally as slow and uneventful. Too many incomplete works and not enough motivation.

2016 however was a wildly good year to me. Much of it has been spent developing an ongoing story about one of my main characters. For no particular reason, other than he's a huge comfort and joy to think about when I feel sad.
VIEW CONTENT:
An Alexander Hamilton from the hit musical :'D

Yarn craft animals I made this year!!
VIEW CONTENT:

Bonus stuff from 2016, including a comic I'm still working on
VIEW CONTENT:
Thanks Nerevarine King for the banner!
TVC '10-Hale's Angels (3rd place)
TVC '11-League of Evil Villuns (2nd place)[/spoiler]

M's
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Re: FoxBlaze shares her ART!!!!!

Post by M's » Tue Oct 25, 2016 5:42 am

Great way to see how you've progressed through the years.
Keep up the good work.

Boss Llama
Site Admin
Site Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Boss Llama » Tue Oct 25, 2016 5:30 pm

Huzzah! Good to see you again Fox, and as M says, way to keep working on your style!
-Boss Llama

Fox_Blaze
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Fox_Blaze » Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:15 pm

Thanks! It really means a lot, and seeing my progress over even 2015 and 2016 thus far is really sobering when I am in those downward spiraling moods.
It's the life of an artist in many respects, but I know that if I have the same passion, I will only ever improve from here.

Unless I lose all my memory, I can't get worse right?

Inner
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Inner » Wed Oct 26, 2016 12:20 am

I like your work and progression! The 2014 drawing with the two people sleeping made me chuckle...yep! Been married almost 30 years and that -still- happens. We just laugh about it.

Looking forward to a completed comic please.

The Polish cartoon from your blog is basically:

"The coin [half-dollar] you gave me today is fake, I want you to replace it with a good one."

"When did you notice it was fake?"

"Two seconds before the bruise!"

Fraulein Arztin
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Fraulein Arztin » Wed Oct 26, 2016 1:16 pm

I laugh about the 2014 drawing. Howcome I've never seen that one? That looks like Jason and I basically...haha. He has darker hair though, but he does have those glasses laying on the side like that.

You've progressed wellllllll

Fox_Blaze
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Fox_Blaze » Sat Aug 25, 2018 10:59 pm

Two years later and I come to necro my own thread. That isn't a bad thing right? I feel like this gives me a cleaner transition into trying to become more active again, so why not?

To probably no one's surprise, I still draw and think of stories about my main muse, Guillermo, to show/tell my friends.

Everything is under spoilers to make it a bit easier to look at, \ouo/
New Tablet Time (2017)
VIEW CONTENT:

So in February 2017, I bought a new graphics tablet (2017 model of the Intuos Pro M) funded by my tax refund, officially retiring my old, worn, nearly broken Intuos 4 Large. The size of the Pro is much more manageable and fell in love. Protip though, I probably would not reccommend this tablet to people with hard press gorilla hands like me though. The nibs on the pen are much thinner than the Intuos series pens. HOWEVER, the Pro is backwards compatible, so if your Intuos pen is intact unlike mine, it will work on the Pro!

Anyway, I decided to redraw the picture I drew when I first received my Intuos 4 tablet back in August 2011 as a late high school graduation gift from my family!

First Version (August 2011)
Second Version (February 2017)

This character is another muse of mine, and I think forever will be. He is just so fun to think about and draw!

More of my MAIN muse, Guillermo "Mo" Martinez.
VIEW CONTENT:
I'm.....not really good at drawing convincing teenagers lmao.

March 2017
Mo presumably at some Halloween party, in 2009 (i redrew this from a funny picture i saw on Tumblr, so this wasn't a serious drawing at all.) 24 years old

June 2017
Mo often worked as some kind of mechanic up until he turned 23 or so and decided to take a coast-to-coast road trip. (18 years old appx.)

Just my boy dabbing to celebrate his 32nd birthday, no biggie. (32 years old)

July 2017
A portrait of Mo and his family I dated April 2003. Left to right: Step-father Julio, half-sister Ximena, mother Carmen, and the boy Guillermo himself looking so absolutely dead inside and out. (17 years old)

December 2017
There's and ongoing story I have where Mo never had a good relationship with his dad because he was born amidst the fallout between his father and mother. So they never really got to know each other as father and son and remained estranged nearly 13 years after a physical confrontation after Mo turned 18. Long story shorter, they both were able to initiate contact when both men were older and more at peace with themselves, and were able to have a relationship as more a friendship than try and fix a father/son bond that was never there at all to begin with.

The picture depicts the first time they meet face to face at a superbowl party his father threw for SuperBowl 50 on February 2016. As gathered, he is a Denver fan. :P
Love to tell you all more, but maybe I will post some prose someday if i get the courage to write the stories on paper/computer rather than keep them in my head.
(30 years old, Carlos 50 years old)

December 2017
Another redraw to update my current design for Guillermo, because the tattoos in the older drawing were bothering me and I felt I had improved enough to try the drawing again. Still don't like my background work, but I can only improve through trying more and more, right???

This is about a month or so after he took off on his previously mentioned coast to coast trip, in which he crossed paths with an eccentric woman Jan Westley ( a character belonging to a friend of mine) who'd eventually become one of his closest friends and confidante. Picture depicts the van she drives also, the motorcycle Mo owns is not pictured.

(22 years old)
old version (drawn 2013 originally)
VIEW CONTENT:
2018 wasn't very consistent for me overall with hobby art, as I went back to school starting the Fall of 2017!!! But my spring 2018 semester commanded a lot of my creative capacity to do art, so a lot of my "artwork" was relegated to quick "meme redraws" and whatnot. When I did draw something more cohesive, it took a long time and a lot of energy, but I allowed myself to take things slow because my hobby art was supposed to keep me happy and I didn't want it to start making me unhappy.
VIEW CONTENT:

A character I drew as his original TF2 "fan character" concept I mused over back when i first got into TF2. I was a youngin then, and still am in ways. But I wanted to feel a blast to the past and imagine what 2009 me would think of a drawing of her character in my 2018 style. This is the end result!

Fanart of one of my favorite songs from one of my favorite artists, Radical Face. The song is called Holy Branches.

Here's the newest drawing of mine currently, drawn in June.
This man is the elder brother of Devin. By the point I drew it, it had been years since the last time I drew him. So I decided to try and draw him in my much more developed style.

Sorry this post was so long! But I hope you all enjoy. If any of you ever want to know more, feel free to strike me up on here or discord and i'll answer questions about my characters. No obligations though, i just really enjoy talking about them.

Here's to 2018 and more good art!!! :D

Fox_Blaze
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Fox_Blaze » Sat Aug 25, 2018 11:13 pm

Here is a speedpaint style video to a drawing i posted too! I have done this once before, but not for many years so I wanted to take a stab at it since I now have the Adobe Creative Cloud suite through my university and had access to a better video editor.

Boss Llama
Site Admin
Site Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Boss Llama » Sun Aug 26, 2018 7:40 am

Hey there Fox Blaze! Good to see you're still at it, and it's great to see the continued development in your style. Notable improvements and refinements all along.

Hope things are going well for you! If you find yourself with a spare minute or two, we even have a Minecraft server up with the new update that has an active population :-D It's good to see you here again.
-Boss Llama

Flash
Site Admin
Site Admin
Minecraft name: FlashTVR

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by Flash » Sun Aug 26, 2018 10:25 am

Welcome back FoxBlaze! Very cool to see how your style has refined over the years, I like the before/after style, really highlights it.

M's
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by M's » Sun Aug 26, 2018 4:20 pm

I see your talants have increased ten fold. Always been fan of your work.