Boss Llama
Site Admin
Site Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

New FTB Provider, same map/progress!

Post by Boss Llama » Tue Aug 23, 2016 6:23 pm

As I'm sure all of you who play have noticed, we've had horrible server issues for the last week or so. Three out of the last five days have had major issues with unplayability, and strings of very strange errors that the control panel available from Ocity Hosting just didn't have anything for. I'm fed up with it, and I'm sure you are too, so I've migrated the server to a new provider, CreeperHost, and things are back up and running!

Good news: Because we're a new customer with CH, I could use a coupon code for a permanent discount, meaning I was able to bump up the server's RAM by 50%, and get improved hardware, so we should have better performance all around!

More good news: I was able to successfully migrate the server, maps, character files, etc so when you log in, it will be almost like nothing ever happened! The only thing I'm aware of that will need fixing (though obviously let me know if I'm wrong!) is that ChickenChunks had to be manually re-enabled on the server end, so extent ChickenChunk chunkloaders vanished. I can instantly replace them for you with the use of a command - just let me know how many you lost, if any, and I'll give them back to you. Sorry for this, but it feels like a small loss for the benefit of a new, stable server!

Even more good news: This host stays with the times, and has InfinityEvolved 2.6 available, with all its various bug fixes!

So, now to what you actually care about:

WHAT YOU NEED TO DO

- Set your launcher so you're using InfinityEvolved 2.6 (the most recent one). Make sure ChickenChunks stays enabled after the update.
- Go to your JourneyMap file location (same place as where you deleted your maps on the server reset to make a new one) and RENAME (do NOT delete) the folder called "Ville" to "CH~Ville~FTB"
- Launch and connect to 192.210.154.236

Done!

Let me know if you need chunk loaders replaced, or if anything else seems amiss. Sorry for all these troubles - hopefully this inaugurates a new period of server stability for us!
-Boss Llama

Guardian
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Re: New FTB Provider, same map/progress!

Post by Guardian » Tue Aug 23, 2016 6:59 pm

So we should test the capabilities of this new provider and make 100 mystcraft realms right? :P

Boss Llama
Site Admin
Site Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Boss Llama » Wed Aug 24, 2016 9:03 am

Guardian wrote:So we should test the capabilities of this new provider and make 100 mystcraft realms right? :P
<_<

>_>

>_<

::reaches for the /ban command::
-Boss Llama

ADevilishPotato
Server Ops
Server Ops

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by ADevilishPotato » Fri Sep 09, 2016 12:56 pm

did someone say make mystcraft realms? ON IT CHIEF!
WARPATH Cup '12- [WARPATH] We are running past all the heavies
The Ville Cup '12- (DYD) Dirty Dan's Double D's
Dust Bowl loves Warpath '13- (CD-i) Chokepoints and Demomen- international (Champions!)
The Ville Cup '13- [T^5] Tuber's Truly Terrifying Tator Tots
The Ville Cup '14- GCI_ Guild of Calamitous Intent

Boss Llama
Site Admin
Site Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Boss Llama » Sat Sep 10, 2016 8:10 am

Nope! Nope nope nope! Baaaaaad Potato. No eating the entire SSD with throw-aways! We already have 15 non-Myst dimensions and at least three Myst ones.
-Boss Llama

ADevilishPotato
Server Ops
Server Ops

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by ADevilishPotato » Sun Sep 11, 2016 6:09 pm

....so what I hear is ROOM FOR ONE MORE!!!!!
WARPATH Cup '12- [WARPATH] We are running past all the heavies
The Ville Cup '12- (DYD) Dirty Dan's Double D's
Dust Bowl loves Warpath '13- (CD-i) Chokepoints and Demomen- international (Champions!)
The Ville Cup '13- [T^5] Tuber's Truly Terrifying Tator Tots
The Ville Cup '14- GCI_ Guild of Calamitous Intent

Boss Llama
Site Admin
Site Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Boss Llama » Thu Sep 29, 2016 9:12 pm

Howdy all! I'm going to be out of pocket for a couple days for wedding-related activities, so won't be logged in to Steam until at least Sunday. If there are any problems with the FTB server, please post them here - I'll try to check it on my phone occasionally and will see what I can do remotely. See you soon!
-Boss Llama