Boss Llama
Site Admin
Site Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Re: FTB Reset time?

Post by Boss Llama » Mon Aug 15, 2016 11:57 am

Naturally it would be within 48 hours of reset that the host has some kind of connection issues. I have a support ticket in to figure out why nothing can reach the server right now - will keep ya'll posted.
-Boss Llama

Guardian
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Post by Guardian » Mon Aug 15, 2016 12:07 pm

John Doe wrote:I'm too impatient to try to learn FTB, I will wait for TV5 to be reset, but I dont want it to conflict with FTB so I am thinking we may wait for the end of September.

JD
You can just do vanilla stuff on the server and just ignore all the new stuff everywhere :P

Inner
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Inner » Mon Aug 15, 2016 12:32 pm

Guardian wrote:
John Doe wrote:I'm too impatient to try to learn FTB, I will wait for TV5 to be reset, but I dont want it to conflict with FTB so I am thinking we may wait for the end of September.

JD
You can just do vanilla stuff on the server and just ignore all the new stuff everywhere :P

Yep, that's mainly what I do. I play it 90% vanilla, 10% mods.

Boss Llama
Site Admin
Site Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Boss Llama » Mon Aug 15, 2016 5:11 pm

Server should be coming back up as we speak! Hosts gave it a kick, and I'm booting it up now.
-Boss Llama

Guardian
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Post by Guardian » Tue Aug 16, 2016 8:19 am

Inner wrote:
Guardian wrote:

JD

Yep, that's mainly what I do. I play it 90% vanilla, 10% mods.
Ya honestly I'd say most people use 10% of the mods available in FTB. I mean Minecraft is like a Sandbox and FTB just made the sandbox bigger and added more toys, you still get all your old toys it's just there's all these new toys too!

MasterChef
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by MasterChef » Tue Aug 16, 2016 2:52 pm

Boss Llama wrote:Server should be coming back up as we speak! Hosts gave it a kick, and I'm booting it up now.
I think the map got reset with it too. I just logged in and am back at spawn, which is different than before.

It's not a big deal for me since I hadn't set up a home yet, but I'm not sure about others.

black_and_blue
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by black_and_blue » Tue Aug 16, 2016 6:51 pm

MasterChef wrote:I think the map got reset with it too. I just logged in and am back at spawn, which is different than before.

It's not a big deal for me since I hadn't set up a home yet, but I'm not sure about others.
Yes, it crashed several times after it came back up and when Boos looked at it he found that there were quite a few corrupted chunks. We talked about it (I think there were about 6 of us there) and came to the conclusion that it was better to reset the map now than struggle with it and risk it possibly breaking later.

If it happens after the server has been running for several weeks, we would be able to restore from a backup, but since this was so close to server creation, any for-sure-good backup that we restore would have next to nothing in it, so best to just reset.

Boss Llama
Site Admin
Site Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Boss Llama » Wed Aug 17, 2016 11:58 am

Oops, sorry for not posting that in here! Thanks for replying, B&B. As B&B said, we talked it over amongst all the players that I could locate at the time, and did a reset while it was fresh to minimize losses. The previous map was corrupted all to hell, and a couple of player accounts as well. If you lost of anything critical, I can replace it (just let me know!). Mostly we just re-started from scratch, since it's both really fun to do, and we were so close to the beginning.

I spoke with support about what happened to see if it was anything we could prevent, and turns out it was completely unavoidable for us. There was a double-failure at the datacenter in New York - a power outage hit it, and then the backup generators failed to come up with sufficient speed. That hard kill on the power is what resulted in the unusual and corrupting crash we faced.
-Boss Llama