FTB Reset time?

For the denizens of the Minecraft servers
Guardian
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

FTB Reset time?

Post by Guardian » Thu Jun 09, 2016 1:23 pm

Hello everyone, I’ve been playing a lot of Overwatch lately but I was wondering if we’re planning on restarting the FTB server at any point. I’m not sure if I’d be able to stick around again but I’d definitely be there for reset if we plan on starting again.

Inner
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Re: FTB Reset time?

Post by Inner » Thu Jun 09, 2016 5:37 pm

I'm all for it.

BlackHawk_989
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by BlackHawk_989 » Fri Jun 10, 2016 1:21 pm

Im in

black_and_blue
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by black_and_blue » Fri Jun 10, 2016 6:56 pm

I'm not sure it's a good idea to reset FTB and Vanilla at the same time - that would put the servers in direct competition with each other.

Add to that the fact that Overwatch came out only a few weeks ago and it could spell some empty severs very shortly after the reset.

black_and_blue
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by black_and_blue » Sat Jul 30, 2016 11:35 am

Since there don't seem to be a Vanilla reset imminent, I think I will change my view on this and say that was should have an FTB reset soon.

Inner
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Inner » Sat Jul 30, 2016 2:32 pm

I agree.

Also, FTB & Curse merged. FTB now launches from the Curse launcher. And don't let the name of the "Unstable 1.10" version throw you off. I've been using it a long time and it's been totally stable.

ADevilishPotato
Server Ops
Server Ops

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by ADevilishPotato » Wed Aug 03, 2016 4:29 am

where's BL when you need him? :lol:
WARPATH Cup '12- [WARPATH] We are running past all the heavies
The Ville Cup '12- (DYD) Dirty Dan's Double D's
Dust Bowl loves Warpath '13- (CD-i) Chokepoints and Demomen- international (Champions!)
The Ville Cup '13- [T^5] Tuber's Truly Terrifying Tator Tots
The Ville Cup '14- GCI_ Guild of Calamitous Intent

Guardian
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Post by Guardian » Wed Aug 03, 2016 3:14 pm

Do you know how that version fares with how it handles Mystcraft? I'd like to be able to play that mod multiplayer without exploding the server.... as long as I'm careful..... most of the time.....

black_and_blue
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by black_and_blue » Wed Aug 03, 2016 6:48 pm

I'm still having dreams of building my main base in a private Mystcraft realm, and am probably prepared to soften my requirements for it being an overworld clone. I'd probably settle for almost any completely stable realm provided it's not too strange or hard on the eyes, and has a normal ore distribution.

MasterChef
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by MasterChef » Thu Aug 04, 2016 3:50 pm

I'd love to play some more FTB in the near future. A reset sounds nice.

Guardian
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Post by Guardian » Fri Aug 05, 2016 10:49 am

black_and_blue wrote:I'm still having dreams of building my main base in a private Mystcraft realm, and am probably prepared to soften my requirements for it being an overworld clone. I'd probably settle for almost any completely stable realm provided it's not too strange or hard on the eyes, and has a normal ore distribution.
I swear, they keep making it harder to do that every update but I could try again. Last time however I had to abandon mystcraft entirely since making a realm crashed the server when you tried to enter it....

I had to be content with using the Twilight Realm and the new biomes (which to be fair were really cool). I really want to reestablish my multi-dimensional empire though.

black_and_blue
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by black_and_blue » Fri Aug 05, 2016 6:21 pm

Guardian wrote:I swear, they keep making it harder to do that every update but I could try again. Last time however I had to abandon mystcraft entirely since making a realm crashed the server when you tried to enter it....

I had to be content with using the Twilight Realm and the new biomes (which to be fair were really cool). I really want to reestablish my multi-dimensional empire though.
I think you're actually talking about the modpack that was before what's there now. As far as I know, nobody has actually tried to create a Mystcraft realm using the FTB Infinity Evolved modpack that's there now, and the pack in general does seem more stable than Direwolf20 was.

I wouldn't try it unless BL is standing by to restart though in case it does crash the server.

Guardian
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Post by Guardian » Fri Aug 05, 2016 7:32 pm

Really now? I may have to experiment with the version of mystcraft this new server would have before we reset then....
*cackles loudly in the distance*

EDIT: Umm so Unstable 1.10 does not have mystcraft.... or Twilight forest it seems.

EDIT2: It only has mods ready for minecraft 1.10 which is where it's title comes from which I imagine is going to exclude a lot of mods we may like...

EDIT3: Also in Feed the Beast Infinity the Mystcraft version they're using is still using a stupid new version of the instability system which makes it next to impossible to reliably make a livable realm without potion effects when your outside which really annoys me.

Twilight Realm in general is just a superior substitute since it's easy to get to (cost of entry is 1 diamond and 12 vanilla minecraft flowers and some water) and gives you a realm with eternal day (effectively anyways it's Twilight), eternal no weather and new terrain features, full cave systems with ores and unique loot drops from caves and enemies inside. Not to mention 9 cool bosses I still want to kill. Best of all I only need to teleport there once and in theory after that I shouldn't crash the server afterwords!

EDIT4: So BnB pointed out RFTools to me which seem to be a superior less chaotic version of mystcraft that's based on power instead of.... randomness. If we make a new server I'll definitely be trying that out instead though I still want my linking books.

Can we just use FTB;Infinity then for this new server? Unless there's a cooler pack with Mystcraft (I like my linking books), RFTools and the twilight forest in it.

Boss Llama
Site Admin
Site Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Boss Llama » Tue Aug 09, 2016 8:31 am

Hey all - sorry for my absence. Been a busy time for me (Wedding planning, 3 jobs, sucked back in to EverQuest, etc). I could reset the server at any time, if we have agreement on what we'd like to use. Since only three people have logged in since February, and none in the last 2 months, I think it's safe to say nobody will be unfairly affected by that.

I think there's really only one choice we have to make in terms of packs - do we want MC version 1.10, or version 1.7?

If we want to move our base version of MC beyond 1.7, it's the FTB Unstable 1.10 or nothing (literally - it's the only one that works with a more recent version!). It has some of the mods we typically see in use, as well as some new/alternate ones, but doesn't have MFR, IC, or BC - the mods that provide the machinery we all know and love. If we want to go this way, I think I'll need to get the hosting company's assistance to rotate it over, but that should be doable.

If we'd prefer to stick with 1.7, and keep those mods and many others, than FTB Infinity Evolved 2.5 is our horse. It's the latest version of what we've been using, and should be a pretty easy roll-over to manage. Assuming I don't bork anything, I could get a new server up and running (and hopefully could find whatever tweaks I made by reviewing old threads) in short order.

Mod List for Unstable 1.10
Mod List for Infinity 2.5 (It says 2.4.2 but it's the same mods in 2.5)
-Boss Llama

Guardian
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Post by Guardian » Tue Aug 09, 2016 10:41 am

Good to see you BL

I personally vote for Infinite 2.5 since it has pretty much all of the mods I like and unstable 1.10 does not.