The “Beat the Boss” 2015 Fantasy All-Sports Challenge!

Moderator: Site Admins

Boss Llama
Site Admin
Site Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Re: The “Beat the Boss” 2015 Fantasy All-Sports Challenge!

Post by Boss Llama » Mon Apr 13, 2015 9:35 pm

YoullNeverWalkAlone wrote:Bad sign that half my pitchers are currently on the DL?
Probably not a good sign, that's for sure, but you are systematically deconstructing every single one of us in soccer still, so there is that!
-Boss Llama

YoullNeverWalkAlone
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by YoullNeverWalkAlone » Tue Apr 28, 2015 7:39 pm

Well at least I have soccer going for me....

I am about dead last in so many categories it is sad. My guys apparently don't hit homers, steal bases, drive in runs, or even hit really. The less said about my pitchers the better....

Long season right? Still April? (the Angels fan in me is repeating this, so the manager of my team has to as well)
Thanks Sparky for the sig picture!

Walk on, walk on
With hope in your heart
And You'll Never Walk Alone,
You'll Never Walk Alone

The Truth--Justice--Remember the Hillsborough 96

Boss Llama
Site Admin
Site Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Boss Llama » Wed Apr 29, 2015 6:13 am

It's a veeeery long season, yes. I imagine once the Premier League season ends in a few weeks, all your massive point counts will xfer to baseball, and we'll all be chasing you again!
-Boss Llama

Boss Llama
Site Admin
Site Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Boss Llama » Sun May 24, 2015 4:32 pm

The Premiere League has wrapped, and we've got ourselves a couple of boss beaters so far! Coyote and YNWA are ahead of me, and Coyote is threatening in Baseball as well. Eek! Because of our scoring system, nobody is too far behind to come back and beat the boss!

I'd been planning to have the Majors golf tournament underway by now, but it appears ESPN cancelled the game without warning, so I'll keep my eye out for another one to occupy a slot during the baseball season, while we wait for football, hockey, and basketball to come 'round! In the meantime, play hard, baseballers! It's a very long season, and there's plenty of time to take a team from last to first or vice versa.
-Boss Llama

YoullNeverWalkAlone
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by YoullNeverWalkAlone » Sun May 24, 2015 8:30 pm

Congrats to Coyote who crushed me in the final 3 weeks to win the league! Much as my poor Liverpool team did, I faded down the stretch. Must be why I'm TVB.

Walk on, walk on
With hope in your heart
You'll Never Walk Alone

Daryldime
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Daryldime » Tue May 26, 2015 4:16 pm

Speaking of the premier league league... Prizes will be going out shortly probably this weekend. You have been warned.
Warpath Cup 2011 Spy for Hades Babies - 2nd Place
Warpath Cup 2012 Spy for Inner Children Unleashed - Champions

Boss Llama
Site Admin
Site Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Boss Llama » Tue Jul 14, 2015 8:39 am

All Star Game today, so baseball is about half-way done! Stats updated.
-Boss Llama

YoullNeverWalkAlone
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by YoullNeverWalkAlone » Tue Jul 14, 2015 11:07 am

Ok so cool story/note:

While my team is sub-par, I had stashed away on my bench a player that I figured no one would know except me: Robert Refsnyder. I picked him up not because I figured he would have any sort of fantasy value (you could argue my whole roster has little value...) but Robert played football for me back in high school and is one of the best people/athletes I have ever had the pleasure to be around. He went off to college to play baseball after being named the Orange County athlete of the year and selected to the all state (California) team for both football and baseball. He helped lead the University of Arizona to the national championship his senior year and was named the player of the year in college baseball. Drafted by the Yankees, he was moved to 2B from the outfield and struggled with the fielding while showing a tremendous bat at the plate.

After spending last season in the minors, he was on the Yankees's spring ball roster and ultimately placed in AAA for the start of the season. On Friday, he got the call up to the majors for the final 2 games against the Red Sox before the break. 0-3 in his first game after being robbed of a hit on a tremendous diving play, on Sunday, Rob broke out: 2 hits, a 2 run home run that ended up being the game winner, and a couple great defensive plays.

Can't tell you the pride we all feel around here for one of our guys; one of the really good guys, making it and doing so in a huge way

http://m.mlb.com/video/topic/33965510/v ... =refsnyder

Walk on, walk on
With hope in your heart
You'll Never Walk Alone

Boss Llama
Site Admin
Site Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Boss Llama » Sat Jul 25, 2015 9:25 pm

It's time for Fantasy Football!

I've opened up The Ville Fantasy Football League again for this year - head on over to that thread and sign up for the party! Points will be added up just like the others. Because win-loss record is not a true measurement of performance in standard FFL (since it can be heavily based on luck with match-ups), we will be using "Points For" as the Beat the Boss measurement. The more points you score, the better you do, regardless of winning or losing!
-Boss Llama

Boss Llama
Site Admin
Site Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Boss Llama » Mon Sep 28, 2015 8:08 pm

Feeling blue because Fantasy Baseball ends on October 5th? Wondering what will fill the void of a third fantasy sport to run concurrent with Football and Futbol? Fear not! We have just the answer for you. Baseball may end on October 5th, but Hockey begins on October 7th, so there's no need for alarm!

Head on over and check out the thread for Fantasy Hockey! Daryl is being kind enough to run this league for us, so hurry and sign up! It'll be part of the Beat the Boss Challenge, so rack up those points on an easy target! Like Football, your team's win-loss record is not a true measurement of performance (since it can be heavily based on luck with match-ups), so we will be using "Points For" as the Beat the Boss measurement. The more points you score, the better you do, regardless of winning or losing!
-Boss Llama

Boss Llama
Site Admin
Site Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Boss Llama » Mon Oct 05, 2015 8:50 am

Baseball has wrapped up, and Coyote once again sits on top! With Football underway and Hockey starting later this week, it's time for all of us to shape up and give chase! Congrats Coyote on another close victory, which as I recall, was very similar to your Premier League win in that you stayed near, but below, the top all season, and then decisively seized first with just a few weeks to go. Nicely done.
-Boss Llama

CoyoteCreed
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by CoyoteCreed » Wed Oct 07, 2015 6:13 pm

Thank you, but I am dismayed at the general lack of Boss-beating otherwise. We must beat more Boss!
Banner by some other Villun

Warpath Cup '12 | Inner Children Unleashed | Champions
Villympics '12 | ACME Villympic Team (Captain) | Champions
VC '12 | Solis Tanquam
D<3W '13 | SOBAD
VC '13 | Ville Cuppin' Cakes (Captain)
VC '14 | Carpetbaggers | Champions

eVa

Boss Llama
Site Admin
Site Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Boss Llama » Thu Oct 22, 2015 11:22 am

What is likely to be the final sport of the 2015 Beat The Boss challenge has been posted!

Coyote, our top Boss Beater, will be operating the Ville's Fantasy Basketball League for us. Point yourself towards that thread and get in on the hoops action! As always, the more points you score, the better you'll do, regardless of winning or losing! With my football team struggling, there's a giant open door for people to Beat The Boss!
-Boss Llama

Boss Llama
Site Admin
Site Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Boss Llama » Fri Dec 04, 2015 11:19 am

Sorry about the delay in getting the football weekly notes posted the last two weeks! Holidays, family visits, and having my work schedule flip days to graveyards to swings and back on a day-to-day basis made it a bit tough. Got it all posted now though!

I've got the football and hockey scores up to date on the first page. Basketball, as you may have noticed, didn't garner enough interest to get off the ground. I'm a bit surprised, given the amount of college ball stuff we usually see around here, but I guess the NBA is just not the same. I'm sad I didn't put the second half (ie first half) of EPL in as the end-of-year game instead, but we were already underway when basketball fizzled, and it wouldn't be remotely fair. We'll go with what we've got, and congrats to the boss beaters then! I'm utterly embarrassing myself in football this year - so sad. At least I seem to be doing well in hockey and soccer!
-Boss Llama

Boss Llama
Site Admin
Site Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Boss Llama » Mon Jan 04, 2016 5:27 pm

I've updated the first post scores to reflect the completion of the NFL portion of the challenge. Wouldn't you know it, Coyote once again waited until the final game, and then leapt in to the lead to take first place again. He has now taken first in three of our four challenges! I'm doing pretty well at Hockey right now, but I imagine I'll be hard pressed to catch him. There's also room for a couple other folks who are nipping at my heels to catch up and Beat The Boss!
-Boss Llama