Minecraft name: Supreveio
Blizzard tag: Supreveio#1728

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Re: Super Smash Bros.: Wii U / 3DS

Post by Supreveio » Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:38 pm

"So what have you been up to, man? Haven't seen you in so long!"
"Ah, you know how it is. Doin' a lot of side projects, some consulting, maybe a little freelance... Those are words that people say when they haven't actually been doing anything, right?"

Supreveio
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Supreveio » Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:25 am

In Smash Run, ghosts are the "demonic spider" enemies.

Yellow Ghosts have shields that deflect all attacks except grabs. Gastly are just flat-out immune to everything but projectiles.

And an announcement about the Pic of the Day feature
- Secret stuff won't be discussed until the 3DS version is released in the rest of the world
- Sakurai plans on posting stuff until the release of the Wii U version
- The PotD will be more about interesting and funny screenshots Sakurai intended it to be rather than the infodump it turned into.
"Ah, you know how it is. Doin' a lot of side projects, some consulting, maybe a little freelance... Those are words that people say when they haven't actually been doing anything, right?"

Supreveio
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Supreveio » Mon Sep 22, 2014 5:36 am

Just gonna break the news trend because these new Miiverse posts aren't that interesting.

So here's the Awkward Zombie comic for today instead:
VIEW CONTENT:

Zork Nemesis
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Zork Nemesis » Tue Sep 23, 2014 4:24 am

I have already decided: house rules will be banning the Gust Jar once the game goes live. Every time I pick that thing up I get 3+ KOs with little to no effort. It is incredibly cheap.

Based on what I've seen, I've already come up with a house rules ban list for items. When playing with my brothers and friends we often restrict a few items, generally the ones that are super-cheap or make gameplay drag. Here's what I've got.

Definitely banned
[*]All Healing items, including the Fairy Bottle
[*]Both Hammers - even with the chance of failure they're still super cheap
[*]Starman - Invincibility is cheap
[*]Metal Box - This is more my brother than me, but it's banned for similar reasons to the Starman
[*]Gust Jar - See above
[*]Cloaking Device (if it's in 4, we always banned it in Melee for being stupid)

Maybe banned
[*]Smash Orb - Banned if people want it banned, as it is basically free kills, especially with certain characters. Depending on who's playing though it could stay in play. I wouldn't remove it personally.
[*]Galaga/Scout Beetle - Grab a player and drag them off the top of the screen? Not sure if I want those.
[*]Master Ball - Legendary Pokemon can already appear in regular Pokeballs, I don't see a need to guarantee them.
[*]S-Flag - Based on it's description, it's a free point/life.
[*]Warp Star - I think we used to ban these too, you can't block them and they're very hard to dodge if you can't get away

This is hard to be cool and suave while being informative at the same time. Goddamn my coolness.
In my experience, common sense isn't too common.

Supreveio
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Supreveio » Fri Sep 26, 2014 10:07 am

Should probably ban the Dragoon and Daybreak as well. They're basically a DIY Final Smash. And the Boss Galaga and Beetle can be escaped from.

Anyway, new Stage revealed for the Wii U version: Gamer. Based on 9-Volt's stage in Game & Wario.

Hide in the shadows to evade 9-Volt's mom. She'll kick your butt.

Guardian
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Post by Guardian » Fri Sep 26, 2014 10:52 am

It's interesting hearing Character impressions from various smash boards. It seems the metagame for this game is a lot more balanced with some characters having unique playstyles that are well realized. For example, little Mac has a very obvious flaw in that if you get him in the air, he’s helpless but his ground game is so amazing he makes up for it.

Zork Nemesis
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Zork Nemesis » Fri Sep 26, 2014 12:23 pm

Supreveio wrote:Should probably ban the Dragoon and Daybreak as well. They're basically a DIY Final Smash. And the Boss Galaga and Beetle can be escaped from.
The escape is why I put the Galaga and Beetle on the maybe list. We generally didn't ban Dragoon because we all agreed that you have to fight for them. When everyone's kicking ass collecting all three parts isn't too easy, and you still have to aim the ship itself. I think Daybreak will fall under a similar thing, though Daybreak is a lot easier to aim than Dragoon and has the potential to grab multiple opponents. Daybreak may be put on the maybe, but for now the Dragoon stays legal.

This is hard to be cool and suave while being informative at the same time. Goddamn my coolness.

Supreveio
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Supreveio » Fri Sep 26, 2014 1:01 pm

Just gonna list all the new items. Because you need a banlist and I want to.
VIEW CONTENT:
- Back Shield: Blocks all attacks from behind
- Beehive: If thrown at an enemy, they are swarmed by bees that slowly damage them. If not thrown, the bees will swarm whomever damages the hive.
- Beetle: Carries a caught opponent to the top blast line, can be deflected with an attack or escaped from with button mashing
- Blue Shell: When thrown, hovers over the nearest opponent then crashes down on them and explodes.
- Bombchu: When thrown, travels along the surface area of the platform until it hits an opponent or is damaged, at which point it detonates.
- Boomerang: You throw it, then it comes back.
- Bullet Bill: Turns the user into a Bullet Bill, shooting them forward (be careful not to self-destruct)
- Cucco: Similar to the Beehive, but with a swarm of chickens and mobile.
- Daybreak: A three-part item like the Dragoon. Fires a laser horizontally when used, similar to Zelda/Sheik's Light Arrow
- Drill Arm: Shoots a damaging drill, then you can throw its base.
- Fairy Bottle: Heals 100 damage only when your damage is at least 100%
- Fire Bar: A fiery battering weapon that becomes shorter as you hit with it.
- Boss Galaga: Does a shuttle loop when thrown, then attempts to drag a fighter in with a tractor beam and carry them to the top blast line
- Grass: Becomes a random item when picked up
- Gust Bellows: Produces a stream of wind that works like Mario's FLUDD.
- Hocotate Bomb: An item version of Olimar's Final Smash. From what I've seen, you can get stuck in a combo as it launches upward.
- Killer Eye: Buildin' a sentry! Shoots a blast of energy in the direction it's facing every so often.
- Master Ball: Works like a standard Poke Ball, but all Pokemon within are guaranteed to be legendary (or Goldeen).
- Ore Club: Can be charged like the Star Rod, the twister it conjures lasts longer and is larger as you charge it. (It's also a club).
- POW Block: Grounded enemies are launched straight up when it hits the ground or is damaged.
- Rocket Belt: It's a jetpack. Your recovery is greatly improved.
- S-Flag: Holding A with it begins charging it up for a few seconds. If you're damaged while doing this, you have to start over. If you're able to complete the charge, it gives you an extra Stock (in a Stock match) or a KO Point (in a Time match).
- Steel Diver: Shoots missiles that hang for a second before launching forward
- Super Leaf: Gives ths user Peach's hover ability
- X-Bomb: Explodes in a cross-shaped pattern based on the orientation in which it lands (either a '+' or '×' shape)

Zork Nemesis
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Zork Nemesis » Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:31 am

Street Smash information

http://www.smashbros.com/us/3ds/gamemode/entry4.html

Basically it's a game of bumper cars where the object is to knock the other tokens off the map, said tokens being Street Pass passerbys.. Like the main brawl, each hit increases the distance you'll go. Each token knocked out that's not your own gets you cash. Surviving nets you more cash.

Zork Nemesis
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Zork Nemesis » Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:24 am

Somebody with a Japanese copy of the game put together a compilation of all Final Smashes and character taunts. Be warned that if you're not into spoilers, it also demonstrates the Final Smashes of the characters that haven't been revealed on the US site, so watch at your own risk.
VIEW CONTENT:

Supreveio
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Supreveio » Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:07 am

The Wii U Star Fox stage we saw a picture of a while ago was revealed.
VIEW CONTENT:
The Orbital Gate from Assault. It's a stage similar to the Pilotwings stage.

Fight on the Great Fox, transfer to one of the Aparoid Missiles, then onto the Arwings.

Will T.
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Will T. » Thu Oct 02, 2014 10:56 am

For those who don't already know, there's an update available for SSB 3DS on the eShop today prior to release. It's a good idea to download it now in order to save yourself the trouble of trying to do it when the eShop is getting slammed tonight. You'll need it in order to play online.

Zork Nemesis
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Zork Nemesis » Fri Oct 03, 2014 4:42 am

The "Secret" characters that everyone's known about for the past two weeks are starting to be revealed. Three character pages are available on a secondary page that the site asks you if you want to see the spoilers. I don't understand why they don't just outright reveal everyone though, it's not like we don't already know about them thanks to the likes of Youtube, Twitch, and people who can understand Japanese. Not to mention the game is officially released in the US.

In case people really do care about that, the three revealed are also spoilered.
VIEW CONTENT:
Ness
Falco
Wario

Screenshots for Ness also confirm that Melee's Onett is returning as a stage again as well.

Will T.
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Will T. » Fri Oct 03, 2014 9:32 am

Zork Nemesis wrote:The "Secret" characters that everyone's known about for the past two weeks are starting to be revealed. Three character pages are available on a secondary page that the site asks you if you want to see the spoilers. I don't understand why they don't just outright reveal everyone though, it's not like we don't already know about them thanks to the likes of Youtube, Twitch, and people who can understand Japanese. Not to mention the game is officially released in the US.
A lot of people (myself included) have been actively avoiding spoilers in order to be able to explore the games and learn what the secret unlockables are for themselves. I appreciate that websites with game info are marking things like that as spoilers - there were a couple of things about the game I wanted to look up beforehand, but I had to do so extremely carefully so as to avoid learning the secret stuff before finding it in-game myself.

Zork Nemesis
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Zork Nemesis » Fri Oct 03, 2014 9:43 am

Quick heads up for people buying the physical copy: the Club Nintendo registration code is on the back of the outer-packaging display, as in the thing covering the blank case.

Booting up the game for the first time nets a milestone...

Nintendo I am disapoint: Lucario's shiny coloration is NOT one of his alternate skins.