belak
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

TV7 Refresh

Post by belak » Mon May 19, 2014 1:38 am

Seems like it's been a while since TV7 has had any map switches, so I just wanted to throw the idea out there.

I know a few maps have been somewhat "server killing" at times, though I'm not sure which ones. I'm personally just interested in a little more variety.

So, what's everyone's opinion? Different maps? Switch a few out? Good the way it is? And if switch a few out... which ones should be removed and which ones should be added?

Rumps
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Re: TV7 Refresh

Post by Rumps » Mon May 19, 2014 4:49 pm

I agree.
I wouldn't mind seeing Badlands, snakewater, granary and foundry take a hiatus and maybe replaced with cp_gorge, ctf_turbine, cp_fastlane, cp_coldfront give or take a map. I think the pl maps do well in keeping the server busy.

YoullNeverWalkAlone
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by YoullNeverWalkAlone » Wed May 21, 2014 12:14 am

I agree that it's probably time to look at a couple maps and swap them out. Pl maps seem to be pretty popular and would agree with rumple. Though I'd keep foundry
Thanks Sparky for the sig picture!

Walk on, walk on
With hope in your heart
And You'll Never Walk Alone,
You'll Never Walk Alone

The Truth--Justice--Remember the Hillsborough 96

belak
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by belak » Sat May 24, 2014 11:01 am

So, what's the official route to go about this? I though it was voted on every month or two, but I think I've always missed that.

Gizanked
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Gizanked » Sat May 24, 2014 4:53 pm

belak wrote:So, what's the official route to go about this? I though it was voted on every month or two, but I think I've always missed that.
We tried that a few times but it didn't work so well. I'm sure the server Ops will see this thread and talk about it.
http://www.tf2items.com/id/evagizanked
the artist formerly known as Replica

Insane
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Post by Insane » Wed May 28, 2014 9:49 am

Any of you guys ever play CP_Junction? I've always enjoyed that map but I'm not sure how popular it is among the players here.

Boss Llama
Site Admin
Site Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Boss Llama » Wed May 28, 2014 10:54 am

I share your enjoyment of Junction, and we once had it available. Sadly, I believe it has been largely described around here as "the worst map ever" and "worse than Egypt." I happen to like close quarters battles and tight quarters, but it seems we have many with the opposite view.
-Boss Llama

Zork Nemesis
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Zork Nemesis » Wed May 28, 2014 11:27 am

Alizée Fan wrote:I share your enjoyment of Junction, and we once had it available. Sadly, I believe it has been largely described around here as "the worst map ever" and "worse than Egypt." I happen to like close quarters battles and tight quarters, but it seems we have many with the opposite view.
This is a universal opinion and not just here. Most everyone including some members of the TF2 team believe that Junction, while a nice looking map, is just far too small and congested for typical gameplay.

This is hard to be cool and suave while being informative at the same time. Goddamn my coolness.
In my experience, common sense isn't too common.

Gizanked
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Gizanked » Wed May 28, 2014 11:51 am

People think junction look nice?
http://www.tf2items.com/id/evagizanked
the artist formerly known as Replica

Supreveio
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
Minecraft name: Supreveio
Blizzard tag: Supreveio#1728

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Supreveio » Wed May 28, 2014 11:58 am

Junction's a pretty cool map. I mean, what other map lets you clip through stand inside computer terminals?
"So what have you been up to, man? Haven't seen you in so long!"
"Ah, you know how it is. Doin' a lot of side projects, some consulting, maybe a little freelance... Those are words that people say when they haven't actually been doing anything, right?"

Rumps
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Post by Rumps » Wed May 28, 2014 2:43 pm

I like junction and egypt. I like turbine, chaos, mach4 and doublecross. I know a lot of fellow villuns despise these maps. I enjoy revisiting these maps, they are good in small doses.

Insane
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Post by Insane » Thu May 29, 2014 2:11 pm

The bottom line here (I feel) is that while some of these maps (Egypt as an example) might not be perfect, they are at least decent and something "new" in the sense that we don't play them all the time. I'd be perfectly ok with some maps that aren't uber popular with a 5 star rating if it meant some variety.

YoullNeverWalkAlone
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by YoullNeverWalkAlone » Thu May 29, 2014 2:56 pm

The "new" maps coming in are fun the first time around. Problem is people play them a few times and then get real sick of them. Or we get regulars who quit when they know one of these maps is coming up. We went through this several months ago I think with Gravel Pit. Fun when no one had seen it in a while, but wore out its welcome.

Keeping tv7 full (and seeding it in the first place) is hard enough with the lack of quick play, it seems like we all have to make more of an effort these days. I would hate to make that harder by having a map that is going to empty things out. While it would be fun to see one of these maps in for a week or so, I would hate to ask someone to pull maps and put new ones in that often.
Thanks Sparky for the sig picture!

Walk on, walk on
With hope in your heart
And You'll Never Walk Alone,
You'll Never Walk Alone

The Truth--Justice--Remember the Hillsborough 96

Rumps
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Post by Rumps » Thu May 29, 2014 3:33 pm

Agreed, playing the maps I mentioned and similar unpopular ones are probaby better to play by hopping on other servers that host them, although it still would be nice for maybe a quarterly or semi-yearly refresh of maps on tv7 if possible.

jettah
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by jettah » Sat May 31, 2014 3:29 pm

In my experience,
5CP maps kill TV7
process and foundry seem to be the most common offenders presently during my time on.

Foundry is cool because of the achievements specifically tied to the map that a lot of players might be looking for. But it does tend to kill the server, especially with unbalanced teams.