Pokémon Generation VI (X/Y and Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire)

A place to discuss other games such as World of Warcraft, BF2 or Red Orchestra
Zork Nemesis
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Re: Pokémon X and Y

Post by Zork Nemesis » Fri Feb 28, 2014 9:48 am

abiscuit wrote:Females pass whatever ball they are in to the egg.
Pokeballs are hereditary. What could the potential implications of this be?
abiscuit wrote:Half of them are gimmicks but the only real "srsbznz" one on the team is the paraflinch Togekiss.
I doubt i'd be any effective in actual competition as EV/IV breeding isn't my thing. In fact the main reason I have Crobat on my team is simply because it's shiny; I can't teach it Hypnosis (though Toxic isn't a bad alternative) and thanks to it's status I can't just do-over with it. I work the EVs through Super Training but otherwise don't aim for the perfect Pokemon, just ideal movesets. I think I've got some good ones though.

Of course some ideal movesets would need me to start over and rebreed the mon or travel back in time; i.e. use the Stealth Rock TM next time before I jump to migrating.

This is hard to be cool and suave while being informative at the same time. Goddamn my coolness.
In my experience, common sense isn't too common.

abiscuit
Server Admin
Server Admin
Blizzard tag: altabiscuit#1164

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by abiscuit » Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:07 am

Zork Nemesis wrote:
abiscuit wrote:Females pass whatever ball they are in to the egg.
Pokeballs are hereditary. What could the potential implications of this be?
It can be useful for breeding pokemon that need a happiness stat, which the luxury ball helps with a lot.

In most cases though, people just do it because they want that ball or they didn't realize this happened. Personally, I like to have Dive balls on my Water types.

Zork Nemesis
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Zork Nemesis » Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:10 am

abiscuit wrote:It can be useful for breeding pokemon that need a happiness stat, which the luxury ball helps with a lot.

In most cases though, people just do it because they want that ball or they didn't realize this happened. Personally, I like to have Dive balls on my Water types.
I meant from like a realistic standpoint. The Pokeballs have apparently mended themselves into the Pokemon's genetics!

This is hard to be cool and suave while being informative at the same time. Goddamn my coolness.

Zork Nemesis
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Zork Nemesis » Tue Mar 04, 2014 12:05 pm

Oh Wonder Trade. Those times when you get a Pokemon that someone scooped up on Route 2 or Route 3 with no real significance. Suddenly I don't feel so bad about Wonder Trading that person a useless Unown.
For what it's worth, I infected it with Pokerus first.

Also, thanks to Poke-Transfer, Poke-Transporter, and Pokemon Bank, I now have all 28 different forms of Unown in my X version.....whatever good that does.

And props to GameFreak: You remember that German Magikarp (Foppa) you could trade a Finneon for in D/P/Pt? If you transfer it to X/Y, it actually shows up as being of German origin.

Zork Nemesis
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Zork Nemesis » Wed Mar 05, 2014 5:26 am

Triple Post Action!

I'm working on trying to complete the Kalos Dex and i'm pretty close. I need a favor though: can somebody swap a Yveltal with me; i'll send it right back. I'd rather not go through the GTS for it since nobody asks for anything reasonable anyway and those trades are more permanent (you aren't getting my Summer 2010 Jirachi for it whoever you are!)

darklin0
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by darklin0 » Wed Mar 05, 2014 12:28 pm

I might be able to get one today and swap with you. I will be on my 3DS around 5:30 pm PDT.
Queen of the We Hate Mateo Club. Co-Captain: Zookie
[NOS] // <CDi>
[USAHB] // (GOD)
CCCP

Will T.
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Will T. » Wed Mar 05, 2014 12:59 pm

I have one ready that I could swap with you as well.

darklin0
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by darklin0 » Wed Mar 05, 2014 7:34 pm

Will T. wrote:I have one ready that I could swap with you as well.
If you can please do so. Looks like I can't trade for one tonight, I have to go out soon. Sorry about that Zork.
Queen of the We Hate Mateo Club. Co-Captain: Zookie
[NOS] // <CDi>
[USAHB] // (GOD)
CCCP

Zork Nemesis
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Zork Nemesis » Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:44 pm

darklin0 wrote:
Will T. wrote:I have one ready that I could swap with you as well.
If you can please do so. Looks like I can't trade for one tonight, I have to go out soon. Sorry about that Zork.
I got in touch with him and took care of it. Thanks Will and thanks for offering the rest of you.

Will T.
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Will T. » Sun Mar 09, 2014 7:42 pm

I've managed to acquire a Phione! Phione is only obtainable by breeding the event-exclusive Manaphy with a Ditto, and can then produce more Phiones via breeding. People ask for rare legendaries for these on the GTS, but you can get this debatably-legendary Pokemon for the low, low price of hitting me up for one and having something on hand to trade for it.

From what I can find, Phione is actually required to complete the National Dex in X and Y (which requires getting all non-event-exclusive Pokemon from all gens, legendary or otherwise), which was not the case in gen 4 or 5. If you're looking to fill out the dex, get in touch with me and I'll get you one of these.

EDIT:
Also now available: Hidden Ability Fletchling. Gale Wings allows all Flying-type moves it uses to have a priority increase of 1, meaning that normal-priority Flying-type moves will strike in the same priority bracket as Quick Attack. Let me know if you want one!

Guardian
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Post by Guardian » Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:30 am

I'd be after a gale wings fletching will T when you free.

Zork Nemesis
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Zork Nemesis » Mon Mar 10, 2014 4:31 am

I need more people to add me to their friend list so I can drop into your Friend Safaris. I have at least eight or nine friend codes entered into my system but unconfirmed on the other end. According to Will, my Friend Safari is Electric and Manectric is the mon you can get if i'm in-game. While his hidden ability sucks (Minus, only useful in a double/triple battle alongside a Pokemon with Plus), Manectric is one of the few Pokemon with a Mega Stone and is otherwise unobtainable in X version (although his Mega Stone can only be found in X).

If you need my friend code, here it is:
3695-0176-6770

Also, I have access to a Friend Safari with Chansey. While it might take a while, I can farm Lucky Eggs with relative ease since I've got a Gothitelle with Frisk and Thief (though I've gotten like six Lucky Punches to one Egg).

As far as hidden abilities are concerned, I have these ones:
Swablu - Cloud Nine (negates weather)
Carbink - Sturdy (endures a hit if at full health)
Froakie - Protean (changes 'mon type based on move used; as a result it ALWAYS gets STAB when attacking)
Chansey - Healer (30% chance of removing an ally's status condition between turns in double/triple battles)
Teddiursa - Honey Gather (50% chance of finding Honey after a battle)
-When it evolves, Ursaring has Unnerve instead (prevents the other side from eating berries)
Loudred - Scrappy (Allows Normal/Fighting moves to hit Ghost types)
Chesnaut - Bulletproof (grants immunity to projectile-based attacks such as Aura Sphere, Zap Cannon, Bullet Seed, etc.)

I also have at least three seperate strains of Pokerus in my posession (one I found, one I got from a friend, and a third from a GTS trade). My Flame Body Tallonflame has it active and I know how to control it so it's almost guarenteed that any egg I hatch will have Pokerus as well (Flame Body reduces hatching time by half). I have yet to receive Pokerus from a Wonder Trade, but 95% of my Wonder Trades have been with Pokerus infected Pokemon. Sort of bothers me when I trade off a Pokerus'd Porygon or Spiritomb only to get a cheap-ass Zigzagoon from Route 2.

Also, funny story, I Wonder Traded the other day and got a level 100 Zorua in return. I released it because it was in a Master Ball. I remember reading somewhere that if you're traded a non-legendary, non-shiny Pokemon in a Master Ball that it's likely hacked in some way. Also given that it was a level 100 pre-evolution I didn't feel like keeping it. Normally I would have just held on to it for the lotto ID, but if my suspicion was correct I'd rather not have illegal Pokemon in my game. This is the very reason I won't migrate my Shaymin or Arceus to Gen VI since the only reason I got those two was because I gamesharked Oak's Letter and the Azure Flute into my Diamond version; the Azure Flute has never been made attainable so a Hall of Origin captured Arceus is automatically illegal. On top of this none of the Event Pokemon triggers were made available to Diamond and Pearl anyway. I do have a Platinum-legal Darkrai that I held on to however.

One more thing, speaking of lottery I haven't been able to draw a number since I changed my system clock for DST. I know it's an anti-cheating feature to prevent you from time-travelling and redrawing numbers, but does anyone know how long the lock-out period lasts?

abiscuit
Server Admin
Server Admin
Blizzard tag: altabiscuit#1164

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by abiscuit » Mon Mar 10, 2014 8:44 am

I'm gonna be pokebanking my stuff over this week. I have a metric ton of crap. I think with the exception of Deoxys and Jirachi I have every Pokemon available to me. There might be a few Gen 5 things I don't have, but I know for sure I have everything Gen 1, 2, 4 and most from Gen 5 and 6. I've also got a ton of hidden ability Pokemon available to trade/breed. Pretty much anything that's worthwhile I will have.

Zork, if the time lockout is the same as the other games it will be 24 hours.

Will T.
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Will T. » Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:34 pm

This amuses me greatly.

Zork Nemesis
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Zork Nemesis » Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:49 am

It only took several hours of tedious searching, but I've finally got myself a Gen VI Light Ball. Volt Tackle Pikachu is back in action!

I also just noticed: The Volt Tackle Pikachu I'm fielding knows Iron Tail, which appears to be otherwise unobtainable in Gen VI for the Pikachu family. Woo, bonus points!

Side note: If you have Will T. on your friends list, I highly recommend using him as your choice for Battle Maison Multi-Battles. Assuming the Pokemon chosen are tied directly to the friend code like the Friend Safari, his "friend" will use a Choice Scarf Typhlosion with Eruption. It will always go first unless you have a Choice Scarf yourself and in 95% of the battles it used Eruption and practically one-shotted both Pokemon on the other side. His other Pokemon is an Aerodactyl which didn't get a whole lot of action for me to determine what is can do.

One more edit: New Hampshire is considered "Polar" if my Vivillion's form is to be believed. Seems that most of the Northeastern US is considered Polar along with Alaska.

I found a handy spreadsheet detailing where the various forms of Vivillion come from. It turns out Ocean Vivillion is by far the rarest as there's only two locations it can generate (Hawaii and Réunion, France).
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/lv? ... HZxSG5qa0E