Bronze Fox
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Re: Killing Floor

Post by Bronze Fox » Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:44 pm

Supreveio wrote:I feel bad for you guys playing on Suicidal. Because from my experience, 90% of the players in the game are incompetent.

My friends and I are currently playing on Hard and we keep losing because of randoms coming in and ruining everything.
I know exactly what you're talking about Steveio. I'm a completionist so I went through and got all the Normal and Hard map achievements.
Hard was a horrible experience because it became a lot more difficult to carry the team, something I had to do all the time on Normal.

I actually have very little Suicidal experience but I haven't seen a single person below lvl 5 (People are lvl 6 75% of the time) and everyone takes it pretty seriously.
I still don't win very often but it is pretty serious business.

Katotsu
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by Katotsu » Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:44 am

I've managed to find a server/group that can tackle HoE with ease, so when their server is set to Suicidal I'll inevitably pick up some achievements. It seems that the server is usually on Hard however, so that might not happen too often.

Rico[CotC]
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Rico[CotC] » Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:22 pm

I just picked it up and tried playing it. Can't set the resolution to anything above 800x600, or the thing crashes to desktop. And with two SLI'd Radeon 5900s, I should be able to run in any resolution that exists.

That and I can't play on-line, or it crashes to desktop. I look at Steam and Tripwire forums for help, and there ain't much help to be had.

For the time I played, it was fun - even at 800x600. All my work on Left4DOD about headshotting really paid off for this game. But damn - for my $20, I had hoped for something that was a game I could play right out of the box.

Larry
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by Larry » Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:46 pm

Really? I'm just using the integrated graphics on my laptop and it works fine.
Thanks to Seagreens for the spiffy banner!
VIEW CONTENT:
RIP Mr. Laptop 5/21/13
USAHB-Team Hand Brake 2012 Villy-Stuff
#HL3 TVC '13
FAIL Warpath Cup 2012-Proud to FAIL
Heck's Kitchen 2011

Katotsu
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by Katotsu » Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:01 am

Maybe its driver incompatibility? I don't really know enough to offer real insight.

Dr. Bob
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Dr. Bob » Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:58 am

Rico[CotC] wrote:That and I can't play on-line, or it crashes to desktop.
Killing Floor does have the annoying crash bug that pops up at the least opportune times. The best I've found for the crashes is verifying the game cache via steam and then restarting the computer. It usually works.

Bronze Fox
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Bronze Fox » Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:49 am

Killing Floor: The Game That Will Not Die

This year's summer event is upon us. Article with details

Bronze Fox
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Bronze Fox » Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:14 pm

That time of the year again so I'm bumping this thread as the Halloween event is almost upon us. Sometime today they updated all the achievement icons.
They also added the new achievements which you can view if you scroll all the way to the bottom.
New map with an objective variant and new weapons. It looks like the Demo is getting some more love which is good.

Also at least two posts on their forums have said that you can currently get the 2011 and 2012 Halloween achievements right now.
I'm still missing one so I'll try to confirm it but I am hoping it's true.

I think I always say this but invite me if you're playing. Unless I'm studying I'm always up for a game of KF.

Bronze Fox
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Bronze Fox » Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:59 pm

Its Halloween and time for the Killing Floor Hillbilly Horrors to be let loose on the world again. This year, they have taken over Martel Halliday's Freight Yard, turning it into a Killing Floor Fright Yard. Free, as always, is the new map, in both Objective Mode and Wave Mode, along with new achievements, another chance to unlock the Chickenator and the Grim Reaper characters AND the Portal 2 Potato achievements.

New DLC, as well, naturally:
Reggie the Rocker premium DLC character, mumbling and stumbling his way around the world, waving big guns
Camo Weapon Pack: we've had enough of bling, so we went with camo this time. Including the perfect camo for the zombie apocalypse: splatter camo.
Us and Them Weapon Pack: 2 new Horzine prototype weapons and 2 weapons "by the people, for the people"!
And, to help you persuade your friends, the game will be 75% off during the Halloween period (50% off all DLC).
Link to Patch Notes

Here are the highlights from the patch:
  • Fixed dual 9mm’s left hand weapon firing off-center
  • Level 5 starting weapons will always be sold for 200 do$h.
  • Level 6 starting weapons will always be sold for 225 do$h.
  • Fixed Scrake headshot collision being out of sync between servers and clients
This is probably the first event update they've done that has been disappointing. First time they haven't added a character related to achievements. The only free content is a single map plus some achievements. The new weapons are the normal $8 but unlike the past they're not on sale. I'm feeling pretty "meh" on this event.

dammets89
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by dammets89 » Fri Dec 13, 2013 7:18 pm

I just got this game. Anyone want to play it together to have some fun and help me learn the ropes?

Also there's so much dlc for this and I don't know what's worth getting or not.

I also have two guest passes if anyone wants.
2013 Ville Cup- GOD (Group of Drunks) 2nd Place
2014 Ville Cup- GCI| Guild of Calamitous Intent 3rd place

NerevarineKing
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by NerevarineKing » Fri Dec 13, 2013 7:28 pm

dammets89 wrote:I just got this game. Anyone want to play it together to have some fun and help me learn the ropes?

Just let me know and I'll jump in game with you sometime. The weapon packs are worth getting on sale, everything else is just character skins.
Warpath Cup '12- [ICU] Inner Children Unleashed (Champions!)
Villympics '12- [USAHB] USA Handbrake
The Ville Cup '12- [SOLTAN] Solis Tanquam
Warpath Loves Dustbowl '13- \SOBAD/
The Ville Cup '14- GCI| Guild of Calamitous Intent

Bronze Fox
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Bronze Fox » Fri Dec 13, 2013 7:53 pm

dammets89 wrote:I just got this game. Anyone want to play it together to have some fun and help me learn the ropes?

My basic pointers would be to start on Beginner or Normal difficulty. Work as a team and stick together.
Currently we're having the annual Christmas event so all of the zombie's models are changed. (Normally the models are grittier)

The two zombies you should recognize are the Scrake and Fleshpound. Both of these zombies have a lot more health than the rest and require a coordinated effort to take down.
The Scrake looks like a humanoid ice figure, and the Fleshpound is a nutcracker with yellow lights on his body.

The vast majority of the DLC are cosmetic player models. However the developers (Tripwire Interactive) have gotten very stingy over the years and now have weapon DLC's.
None of the weapon DLC are required to do well in the game but one or two specifics weapons do have a huge impact.

I'd play the game for a while until you bought any of the DLC. (Stay away from the 3rd Weapon Pack. It's horrible)

Edit: All right, here's my opinion on the weapon DLC's: The first weapon pack highlight is the Flare Revolver. This weapon has had arguably the biggest impact on the game than any other weapon in a DLC. If you're interested in the Firebug perk I would highly recommend this pack. The Buzzsaw Bow for the Berserker perk is also pretty huge because it's the only ranged weapon for that perk. The Tommygun and Scythe are pretty mediocre.

The second weapon pack isn't too amazing either. The grenade launcher is the very definition of a sidegrade, the steampunk Tommygun is just an upgraded version of the previous Tommygun from the last pack, and I have never used the shotgun ever. The S.P. Musket would be the only reason for this pack. The Musket is pretty much an upgraded Lever Action Rifle. The Musket is nice to have but really only makes a huge different on the higher difficulties.

And the third weapon pack... Don't bother...

Supreveio
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
Minecraft name: Supreveio
Blizzard tag: Supreveio#1728

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Supreveio » Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:57 pm

I bit late for this, but I recently tried the Steampunk Zedthrower Shotgun.

It's pretty much an AA12 with half the clip size (and half the price), but with an added alt-fire ability that knocks back specimens with a burst of compressed air.

The knockback doesn't push them very far, but it doesn't use up any ammo and is spammable. So it's more of a retreating tool than anything. Unfortunately, as far as I know, you cannot reflect Husk fireballs with it.

Also, a word of advice for those looking to complete Event Map-specific achievements for doing something time-consuming (like opening GLaDOS's closet in Aperture, or destroying all fifty Pukey the Clown dolls in Steamland):

Don't do them unless the event they're related to is active (Summer Sideshow for Steamland's dolls or Fright Yard's cameras, Hillbilly Horror/Halloween Sideshow for Hillbilly Horror's gnomes, Potato Fools' Day for Aperture's golden potato, Twisted Christmas for Moonbase's ZED Gun pieces)

Despite all the components existing regardless of events going on, the game doesn't grant the achievements unless that event is active within the game. Some friends and I spent like two hours opening GLaDOS's potato closet and destroying Steamland's dolls for nothing.
"So what have you been up to, man? Haven't seen you in so long!"
"Ah, you know how it is. Doin' a lot of side projects, some consulting, maybe a little freelance... Those are words that people say when they haven't actually been doing anything, right?"

Bronze Fox
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Bronze Fox » Fri Apr 04, 2014 3:23 pm

Supreveio wrote:ievements for doing something time-consuming (like opening GLaDOS's closet in Aperture, or destroying all fifty Pukey the Clown dolls in Steamland):

Don't do them unless the event they're related to is active (Summer Sideshow for Steamland's dolls or Fright Yard's cameras, Hillbilly Horror/Halloween Sideshow for Hillbilly Horror's gnomes, Potato Fools' Day for Aperture's golden potato, Twisted Christmas for Moonbase's ZED Gun pieces)

Despite all the components existing regardless of events going on, the game doesn't grant the achievements unless that event is active within the game. Some friends and I spent like two hours opening GLaDOS's potato closet and destroying Steamland's dolls for nothing.
Your best bet is going through this list and looking at the achievements you want.
Event specific achievements have a small symbol in the bottom left representing the event needed to achieve it.

X-Mas ones have a snowflake, Halloween has pumpkin, summer has a sun, and super special have a star symbol.

Uber Tuber and Golden Potato have only been achievable three times total since they were added in 2011,
and the last time was two weeks ago so that's awkward.

Daryldime
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Daryldime » Fri Apr 04, 2014 3:26 pm

When Halloween comes around I can help you get potato. I love kiting the final zed while 5 people tear at the door!
Warpath Cup 2011 Spy for Hades Babies - 2nd Place
Warpath Cup 2012 Spy for Inner Children Unleashed - Champions