Everlasting Villun
Minecraft name: StevoTVR
Uplay name: StevoTVR

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Chivalry Server Suggestions

Post by Stevo » Sun Dec 30, 2012 3:32 pm

Post any feedback or suggestions regarding the Chivalry server in this thread.

Known Issues (bugs in the game):
  • Kills sometimes do not get tracked, though the server is ranked
Current Map Rotation:
AOCTO-Battlegrounds_v3_P
AOCTO-Citadel_p
AOCTO-Darkforest_P
AOCTO-Hillside_P
AOCTO-Stoneshill_P

The Spanish Inquisition
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Re: Chivalry Server Suggestions

Post by The Spanish Inquisition » Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:23 pm

Remove all FFA and LTS maps. The FFA and LTS maps seems like most people die from getting flanked by some random dude while trying to concentrate on the guy in front of you. I like gladiator style but there's always a third party butting in to wreck any kind of 1vs1 combat.

Also, some servers, in the game filter, allows for choosing servers which are running faster or slower. I would like to know more about the difference and as it relates to player latency. I do feel much better on 'faster' servers and wonder if it affects a certain swing time that will feel differently on a server with some other 'speed' setting.
Nobody Expects the Spanish Inquisition!

BigBiker05
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by BigBiker05 » Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:18 pm

I'm not a fan of FFA at all but I'm just one person. The only probablem I see at this point is at
AOCTO-Stoneshill_P
AOCKOTH-Moor_P
AOCTD-Darkforest_XL_p
AOCFFA-StoneshillVillage_P
AOCTO-Battlegrounds_v3_P
There are three none TO maps there where sometimes there are only a gap of one between TO. If one of those can just get moved somewhere else. Also, I think FFA, TDM, and KOTH are all very similar and, well I already mentioned I personally don't like FFA.

abiscuit
Server Admin
Server Admin
Blizzard tag: altabiscuit#1164

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by abiscuit » Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:28 pm

Team Deathmatch has been removed for the time being due to the bug with Mason being unable to win.

I disagree with LTS and FFA maps being removed. LTS can be fun if the map isn't stupidly big and FFA is allows for a good way to level up weapons. Plus there isn't enough map variety to remove FFA and LTS entirely with Team Deathmatch being bugged. The map rotation now is setup to have a TO map about every 2nd or 3rd map which I think is a good balance.

Zork Nemesis
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Zork Nemesis » Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:13 pm

I know we can't use Sourcemod or anything like that due to the fact that the game runs on Unreal but is there any way we can flash messages here and there to tell people not to complain about archers? I was just on LTS Arena on our server and at least half the server was engaged in a massive flame war about "archers being pansies" and whatnot, to the point where half the people were just yelling and not even playing. That gets annoying fast.

Or is there a way to maybe limit how many can be archers? I'm not saying we shouldn't have any, but it's like TF2 and snipers in which the more you have, the less likely you'll be able to push and complete objectives. People do have a point about that at least.

This is hard to be cool and suave while being informative at the same time. Goddamn my coolness.
In my experience, common sense isn't too common.

Earthworm James
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Earthworm James » Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:45 pm

Zork Nemesis wrote:Or is there a way to maybe limit how many can be archers? I'm not saying we shouldn't have any, but it's like TF2 and snipers in which the more you have, the less likely you'll be able to push and complete objectives. People do have a point about that at least.
It is an accurate generalization. I think the solution is to encourage Snipers(I mean Archers) to place higher priority on the team effort, rather than arrow spam. It is easy to understand why Archers try to keep their distance, because a couple of missed shots generally leads to death, but being near your teammates gives the most opportunity for a clean shot at your enemies(and sometimes even your allies!). Limits on archers could certainly be a good preventative method, but if a team full of archers is getting rolled than the responsibility is on each player to find the solution; use a huge sword.

Nothing like a Sniper Kukri charge to point!

Gizanked
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Gizanked » Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:01 pm

so it looks like the server has been bumped up to a 24 slot server. weeee
http://www.tf2items.com/id/evagizanked
the artist formerly known as Replica

Zork Nemesis
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Zork Nemesis » Tue Jan 01, 2013 2:07 pm

Gizanked wrote:so it looks like the server has been bumped up to a 24 slot server. weeee
It wasn't before?

This is hard to be cool and suave while being informative at the same time. Goddamn my coolness.

Gizanked
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Gizanked » Tue Jan 01, 2013 2:16 pm

Zork Nemesis wrote:
Gizanked wrote:so it looks like the server has been bumped up to a 24 slot server. weeee
It wasn't before?
it started as an 18 slot, but I didn't play last night and possibly even the night before. go have a baby and see how well you remember things :doh:
http://www.tf2items.com/id/evagizanked
the artist formerly known as Replica

abiscuit
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by abiscuit » Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:00 pm

I'm against class limits in this game due to the low number of classes in the game. On top of that the classes come in different flavors based on the weapons chosen and I'm doubting Unreal will let us get into that much detail.

Right now I think the server is in a good spot. A lot of the things that need to be fixed will need to be done by the devs, hopefully we will get more content too.

BigBiker05
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by BigBiker05 » Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:32 pm

abiscuit wrote:On top of that the classes come in different flavors based on the weapons chosen
Two-hand vs one-hand knight. Javelin vs bow archer. Limitations would mean nothing.

Zork Nemesis
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Zork Nemesis » Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:26 pm

Archers are the only one I'm concerned about, I have no problem leaving it as is, but it's clear that the attacking team can't push when they have too much ranged and not enough pushing power. Again, Snipers and TF2 come to mind, too many Snipers don't win games. That's my only concern, I've seen too many attacking teams get pinned in their spawn for over 10 minutes on maps since they decided to roll out with six archers out of ten people and not make any progress toward the objective.

black_and_blue
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by black_and_blue » Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:49 pm

Any possibility of having the number of rounds on the arena type maps reduced from 7 to maybe 3 or 4?

It's good to have them in the rotation and would definitely not advocate for their removal, but they do involve a lot of waiting around, and maybe having the map run for less time would help.

Zork Nemesis
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Zork Nemesis » Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:14 pm

black_and_blue wrote:Any possibility of having the number of rounds on the arena type maps reduced from 7 to maybe 3 or 4?
As far as I know, there's no way to alter round settings....yet. Unfortunately as it stands, Last Man Standing will always be first to 7 wins. Would be nice to have Team Deathmatch back, but I know why that was taken down (Masons can't win due to a bug, round never ends).

Too bad too, I would love to see King of the Hill require 3 minutes instead of 90 seconds; there's always one team that forgets what the hill is. More time would give them a chance to remember.

abiscuit
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by abiscuit » Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:26 pm

I wish LTS would be best of 7 instead of first to 7, but it can't be helped.

Maybe they'll give us an option for that one of these days.