Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Re: Possible Sniper Hacking (w/ video)

Post by Pwnstar » Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:49 pm

Earthworm James wrote:
Peahats wrote:If we has hacking, there would be no risk in installing aimbot as well. It still is very strange that he got 3 times. I know Direct X8 can cause weird visual glitches in models.
There is the highest risk in using an aimbot, because when somebody spectates you they see your aimbot, where as they wouldnt see your wallhacks or spy hacks.

Also, he was on shrooms, so clearly he had a substance advantage.
Case solved

ketchuo
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by ketchuo » Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:06 pm

He shot you once but you didnt move, so I don't really know.

Spaceman Spiff
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Post by Spaceman Spiff » Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:23 pm

Fano wrote:He shot you once and you didn't move, then he shot you again and you died.

I don't think there's any conclusive evidence in this video to say that this person was hacking.
Yes but I am referring to the 1st shot, I don't care about the second. Again this is a pattern of behavior.

Lets test this. You and I meet on a server. I go spy you go sniper. I'll stand cloaked anywhere around 1st point. You come out of spawn and hit me with your 1st shot. Ill give you ten chances, each time I move after I miss. Now reverse it. Ill do the same but hit you not only once but reset and do it 2 more times in different locations each time. If I pull that off, I should play the lottery cause those are some insane odds.

trilobite
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Post by trilobite » Sat Aug 25, 2012 6:24 pm

I wrote a long analysis of this video in MS Word -- but I will not place it here. I did study the video frame-by-frame.

Here is the short version:

The sniper appeared to NOT notice Spiff initially. Then after some distress and low health, the sniper suddenly expressed an urgent need to fire an arrow directly at Spiff.
The sniper displayed no prior efforts to spy-check, and showed no initial interest in the corner occupied by Spiff despite that he had several movements near it. Although that corner area is a favorite hangout for spies from both teams, Spiff's PARTICULAR spot would not be my first choice to probe for spys.

I think there is an 85% chance that just prior to firing his arrow the sniper had a visual clue as to Spiff's location. Other nearby players, including a BLU soldier and a BLU scout showed no concern for Spiff's location. Maybe certain mushrooms allowed him to override visual limits that constrain less medicated players. Those intertubes can be very mysterious. Maybe it was his Jedi powers. Maybe it was a graphic glitch. Maybe it was some hotkey command connected to a cheat.

Daryldime
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Daryldime » Sat Aug 25, 2012 7:21 pm

As a resident spy, I will say this is probably less hacking... more unlucky glitch or just plain unlucky for you. Had he been hacking that shot would have been a kill shot. I know from time to time as sniper I shoot aimlessly at spots that I know I inhabit. Not because I think someone is there... but because I know I WOULD BE. So I'd say if he had any indication at all, it was graphical.

Edit: I never aimlessly shoot with the bargain sniper however :p
Warpath Cup 2011 Spy for Hades Babies - 2nd Place
Warpath Cup 2012 Spy for Inner Children Unleashed - Champions

Larry
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by Larry » Sat Aug 25, 2012 7:48 pm

Spies are silly and shooting one would be a waste of ammo :D
Thanks to Seagreens for the spiffy banner!
VIEW CONTENT:
RIP Mr. Laptop 5/21/13
USAHB-Team Hand Brake 2012 Villy-Stuff
#HL3 TVC '13
FAIL Warpath Cup 2012-Proud to FAIL
Heck's Kitchen 2011

bubk
New Villun
New Villun

Games Played

Post by bubk » Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:09 am

In my opinion, it looks there was a glitch that let him see you (or he has some spy cloak detection hack, which seems kind of pointless, since he looks like a bad sniper :3). He definitely isn't aimhacking, because he didn't snap onto you like most aimhacks. However, shooting you like that on three different occasions in the same game doesn't seem coincidental. I'd say give charitable assumption and say that the something glitched up so your cloak didn't work on him. If he was indeed hacking and you see him again, just switch to soldier and spam at him :P
TF2 Scout/Pocket Soldier/Medic
TF2 MvM Medic/SR Demo/Heavy
If I'm not any of these, probably means I'm not too serious :P
Friend me on steam if you want to pub or MvM!