2012 Villympics! Sign-ups Closed, Teams Announced!

Moderator: Site Admins

Boss Llama
Site Admin
Site Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Re: 2012 Villympics! Sign-ups Open!

Post by Boss Llama » Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:51 pm

The Minecraft Challenge:
(Presented by TThreaz and Alizée Fan)

This event will take place on a special Minecraft server, not the normal one. Connection information will be provided just prior to the event.

Teams will construct a hollow pyramid, 25 meters high, with 45 degree angle sides. It must come to a single-block point, and conform with the following standards:

[*]The pyramid may be made of any material except dirt, cobble, or any form of wood.
[*]The pyramid must be entirely of a single material, except for the capstone, which shall be a gold block.
[*]The ground upon which the pyramid is built must be completely flat, and must also be of a single material. Any material is acceptable.
[*]An entry, consisting of a single opening 2 blocks high and 1 block wide, shall be included.
[*]Inside the pyramid shall be a pens containing at least 1 each of sheep, pigs, cows, dogs, and cats. Each species should be in its own pen. Each pen shall have a player-usable entrance
[*]Also inside the pyramid must be a chest containing nine specific rare items, found in chests hidden across the land. Scavenger-hunt clues will be provided as to the locations of the chests. It is up to the teams to decide what order to pursue these clues in.
[*]The hidden chests will also each contain a single diamond. The first team to find a given chest may take this diamond for bonus points (see scoring, below).
[*]The pyramid should be sufficiently illuminated inside and out to prevent the spawning of hostile mobs. Other items may be present, but have no affect on scoring.

Team Size:

Teams shall consist of 5 players each. If the overall team captain is not participating, one of those who is shall be the designated event captain for purposes of communication.

Each team will have a Teamspeak chatroom with a judge in it to answer questions and monitor the event.

Scoring:

Winner:
The first team to complete construction as detailed above wins, and is awarded the base sum of 600,000 points.

Second Place:
Up to 250,000 points can be earned, based on how much slower the second place team is than the winner.
-Done within 15 minutes of the winner, they receive 250,000 points.
-Between 15 and 30 minutes slower, they receive 125,000 points, and winner gets 125,000 points.
-More than 30 minutes slower, they receive 0 points, and winner gets the 250,000.

Bonus:
150,000 bonus points are available for the team that has the most diamonds in a chest at their chosen work-site after 90 minutes of play. Diamonds may be mined, or found as part of the scavenger hunt activities for building materials. Teams will be advised 15 minutes before this deadline, so they can hurry and get their diamonds in to the chest. The most diamonds, even by 1, gets all the bonus points. If there is an exact tie, the points will be evenly split.
-Boss Llama

Bronze Fox
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Bronze Fox » Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:56 pm

No scavenger hunt event this year? :(

Boss Llama
Site Admin
Site Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Boss Llama » Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:58 pm

Bronze Fox wrote:No scavenger hunt event this year? :(
Alizée Fan wrote: [*]Also inside the pyramid must be a chest containing nine specific rare items, found in chests hidden across the land. Scavenger-hunt clues will be provided as to the locations of the chests. It is up to the teams to decide what order to pursue these clues in.
-Boss Llama

THE Flying chihuahua
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by THE Flying chihuahua » Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:07 pm

Okay good, The scavenger hunt was the best part of the previous Villympics, If that had not been in my head would've exploded.

Boss Llama
Site Admin
Site Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Boss Llama » Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:12 pm

We had to do things a little differently this year, because people these days break the game with minimaps and texture mods (which are unpolicable), but T fought for the hunt and came up with a great one that should still work within the shifting parameters of the game :-)
-Boss Llama

Bronze Fox
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Bronze Fox » Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:41 pm

Alizée Fan wrote:
Bronze Fox wrote:No scavenger hunt event this year? :(
Alizée Fan wrote: Also inside the pyramid must be a chest containing nine specific rare items, found in chests hidden across the land. Scavenger-hunt clues will be provided as to the locations of the chests. It is up to the teams to decide what order to pursue these clues in.
Sigh, I am off today... Thanks again

TTHREAZ
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by TTHREAZ » Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:19 pm

Alizée Fan wrote:but T fought for the hunt and came up with a great one that should still work within the shifting parameters of the game :-)
Mr. T has yo back, suckas. :lol:

olboy53
New Villun
New Villun

Games Played

Loading…

Post by olboy53 » Fri Aug 03, 2012 5:16 am

Hi to all at the ville,i would like to sign-up for L4dod so what time is 7pm vst in the UK please.

Boss Llama
Site Admin
Site Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Boss Llama » Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:35 am

Welcome aboard, olboy! The UK is 6 hours ahead of Ville time, so 7pm VST will be 1am for you.

If that works for you, I'll add you to the list!
-Boss Llama

olboy53
New Villun
New Villun

Games Played

Loading…

Post by olboy53 » Fri Aug 03, 2012 8:35 am

Add me, i'll be there

Dr. Bob
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Dr. Bob » Fri Aug 03, 2012 8:47 am

I'm curious as to how much interest in the Villympics was expected? :lol:

Boss Llama
Site Admin
Site Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Boss Llama » Fri Aug 03, 2012 8:56 am

olboy53 wrote:Add me, i'll be there
Done!
Dr. Bob wrote:I'm curious as to how much interest in the Villympics was expected? :lol:
We were anticipating teams of 20-25 players each, so 40-50 sign-ups.

At the moment we're at 46, with sign-ups ending tomorrow, so I'd say we're on target!
-Boss Llama

THE Flying chihuahua
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by THE Flying chihuahua » Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:42 am

T, as thanks for making the scavenger hunt continue to exist, I shall wear the skin of your choosing during the Minecraft event.

Legonizer
New Villun
New Villun

Games Played

Post by Legonizer » Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:55 pm

Count me in! I'm only available for the minecraft challenge, but I think i can handle it. I am uninterested in leading a villympic squad.

TTHREAZ
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by TTHREAZ » Fri Aug 03, 2012 4:39 pm

THE Flying chihuahua wrote:T, as thanks for making the scavenger hunt continue to exist, I shall wear the skin of your choosing during the Minecraft event.
No need for that. Just have fun. :D