Fano
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Re: tf2lobby.com

Post by Fano » Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:31 pm

tf2lobby is the lowest of the low as far as competitive TF2 goes.

Playing 9v9 on there can definitely be a fun experience, but 6v6 is a whole different game where if you happen to run into 6 people that actually know what they're doing you will simply get stomped, it kinda sucks.

It's actually incredibly hard to get into 6v6 unless you can find 5 other like-minded friends to form a team with, it's also a lot more fun to do it this way than to just play with random people every time.

I want Valve to give some official support to the competitive side of the game the same way they're doing with Dota 2 and CS:GO, TF2 certainly has potential but forcing players to find matches in an unconventional way (i.e. by logging in to a website or sitting in an IRC chat room) is really cutting down on its popularity.

bluntspoon
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by bluntspoon » Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:24 pm

Here's the real question Fano. I think I speak for everyone when I ask this question. Can you actually do the DDR combo in your avatar or are you just pretending you're a DDR legend?

Fano
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Fano » Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:41 pm

bluntspoon wrote:Here's the real question Fano. I think I speak for everyone when I ask this question. Can you actually do the DDR combo in your avatar or are you just pretending you're a DDR legend?

videos are from 2007 and 2010 respectively, crappy sound quality, but yes, I'm actually pretty good :P

YoullNeverWalkAlone
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by YoullNeverWalkAlone » Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:04 pm

I swear in that last one it sounds like you are doing Irish step dancing.

True story, my brother is a huge guy (think 6'5" 350) big gamer and used to do a ton of DDR. At my brother's wedding a few years back he broke out into a total DDR dance on the floor and stopped the whole scene. I don't think anyone could believe a guy that big could move like that!
Thanks Sparky for the sig picture!

Walk on, walk on
With hope in your heart
And You'll Never Walk Alone,
You'll Never Walk Alone

The Truth--Justice--Remember the Hillsborough 96

Larry
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by Larry » Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:10 pm

i have terrible foot coordination, i sometimes trip just standing.
Thanks to Seagreens for the spiffy banner!
VIEW CONTENT:
RIP Mr. Laptop 5/21/13
USAHB-Team Hand Brake 2012 Villy-Stuff
#HL3 TVC '13
FAIL Warpath Cup 2012-Proud to FAIL
Heck's Kitchen 2011

Bronze Fox
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Bronze Fox » Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:18 pm

6Larry9 wrote:i have terrible foot coordination, i sometimes trip just standing.
Don't play Xepher.

Fano
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Fano » Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:44 pm

Bronze Fox wrote:
6Larry9 wrote:i have terrible foot coordination, i sometimes trip just standing.
Don't play Xepher.
pretty easy song actually :P

When DDR Supernova first came out I was the first in the houston area to pass both extra stages (Fascination Maxx and Chaos), I think it was 2-3 weeks in...may have been longer, sadly I don't have those videos anymore.

Larry
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by Larry » Tue May 01, 2012 6:43 am

i can't even get 60 percent on a easy song.
VIEW CONTENT:
RIP Mr. Laptop 5/21/13
#HL3 TVC '13
Heck's Kitchen 2011

Soup Nazi
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by Soup Nazi » Tue May 01, 2012 7:54 am

Fano wrote:tf2lobby is the lowest of the low as far as competitive TF2 goes.

Playing 9v9 on there can definitely be a fun experience, but 6v6 is a whole different game where if you happen to run into 6 people that actually know what they're doing you will simply get stomped, it kinda sucks.

It's actually incredibly hard to get into 6v6 unless you can find 5 other like-minded friends to form a team with, it's also a lot more fun to do it this way than to just play with random people every time.

I want Valve to give some official support to the competitive side of the game the same way they're doing with Dota 2 and CS:GO, TF2 certainly has potential but forcing players to find matches in an unconventional way (i.e. by logging in to a website or sitting in an IRC chat room) is really cutting down on its popularity.
Back to to the point: I think this is actually a hidden message from Fano to try and get more Villuns to play competitively with him. The outrage! (But actually I've been wanting to do more of this)
=USV= [BB] [IV] [WARPATH] [USAHB] :TIME: :TOOL:

Fano
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Fano » Tue May 01, 2012 10:36 am

Soup Nazi wrote:

Back to to the point: I think this is actually a hidden message from Fano to try and get more Villuns to play competitively with him. The outrage! (But actually I've been wanting to do more of this)
I'm not currently playing comp tf2, I Just finished a highlander league and am taking a long break, so no tricks here :P

Of course, I'm always down to teach people how to rocket jump and junk like that.

Cat Square
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Cat Square » Tue May 01, 2012 11:57 am

There are a lot of one-dimensional players who have an almost tunnelvision perspective on the game -- getting whined at by those types is very irritating, especially when you know you're doing a good job, and especially when playing medic.

Larry
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by Larry » Tue May 01, 2012 2:48 pm

Welcome to The Ville! Yeah, when things go wrong people blame the medic.
VIEW CONTENT:
RIP Mr. Laptop 5/21/13
#HL3 TVC '13
Heck's Kitchen 2011

--HaDeS--
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by --HaDeS-- » Wed May 02, 2012 2:27 pm

Soup Nazi wrote:

Even though I know most of the Ville doesn't really support competitive leagues, I would highly recommend you give it a try. I absolutely loved competitive while I was playing and if I wasn't so busy this semester I would most likely still be playing on a team.

If you're really serious about playing competitively let me know, I'll definitely teach you everything I know and show you all of the resources I know. Of course this will have to wait until the last day of finals (May 14th :D, the day I'll actually have some free time), but I'd definitely like to help you out.
New York Rangers: Offseason

New York Giants: Offseason

The Warpath Cup 2011: Hades' Babies (2nd Place)
The Ville Cup '10: Hale's Angels (3rd Place)

cam
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by cam » Sat May 05, 2012 11:19 am

Fano wrote:
bluntspoon wrote:Here's the real question Fano. I think I speak for everyone when I ask this question. Can you actually do the DDR combo in your avatar or are you just pretending you're a DDR legend?

videos are from 2007 and 2010 respectively, crappy sound quality, but yes, I'm actually pretty good :P
ITG. Good man. How are the pads on that cab?

Fano
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Fano » Sat May 05, 2012 4:29 pm

I am a mummy wrote:
Fano wrote:

ITG. Good man. How are the pads on that cab?
They were amazing, best I've ever played on. Sadly the idiot arcade manager got rid of that cab and replaced it with a crap-o-cab, this was about 2 years ago, haven't been there since, there's really nowhere to play around my area now so I haven't gotten to do any ITG or DDR in a long time :(