Discussing the Battlefield family of games
E.T. EddieTorrez
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Aircraft

Post by E.T. EddieTorrez » Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:35 pm

Since I sadly have the game for the 360 I cannot play with all of you but am hoping for some advice. From my experience aircraft seems much stronger than it should be. For example a venom was flying around my base with an engineer repairing it. Between his engineer and countermeasures three of us with stingers were unable to knock it out of the sky. After going through 4 stingers myself, I decided it was a lost cause and switched to assault. Also anytime I try to take down the anti-tank jets they either countermeasure or just run my stingers out of range.

How do you guys cope with aircraft? It seems like any time a decent enemy player is flying, my teams has no chance of defending themselves unless we can field an equally skilled flyer.
[size=100][b][color=red]Hell hath no fury like a woman's scorn for Sega[/color][/b][/size]

BETTEH
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Re: Aircraft

Post by BETTEH » Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:58 pm

We have Javelin teams. Usually one of us goes Recon with SoFlam, and we have 2 or so engies with javelins. If they are running ECM they can usually dodge the first hit, but generally its ECM + Flare for gunner pilot (and that is a late unlock, i still rarely see pilots with ECM). So he might dodge that first Javelin by ECMing, but he is toast.

You can also CITV + Laser Guided with Tanks.
2004 DOD Ville Cup Champs - Hobo Strike Squad
Fanciful Unicorn! 2011 Warpath Cup + Villympics Champs.

E.T. EddieTorrez
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by E.T. EddieTorrez » Thu Jan 19, 2012 6:10 pm

So are stinger's basically useless against anything but starter pilots?
[size=100][b][color=red]Hell hath no fury like a woman's scorn for Sega[/color][/b][/size]

BigBiker05
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by BigBiker05 » Thu Jan 19, 2012 6:15 pm

E.T. EddieTorrez wrote:So are stinger's basically useless against anything but starter pilots?
stinger + laser is just as good as jav + laser. However, jav will also work on tanks.

Basically a laser locked target will take double damage.

E.T. EddieTorrez
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by E.T. EddieTorrez » Thu Jan 19, 2012 6:32 pm

Well looks like I'll have to work on recon a bit since my buddy pretty much plays only engineer. Thanks for the advice!

frostdillicus
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by frostdillicus » Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:38 pm

Next patch should even things up quite a bit. AA missiles are getting buffed enough to make them far more useful.

E.T. EddieTorrez
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by E.T. EddieTorrez » Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:55 am

Thats good to hear. How about stationary aa guns? Is there any reason to man one of these things? Seens like they're only useful against copters because I don't think I can land anything but a lucky shot on a plane.

Clay Pigeon
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Clay Pigeon » Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:32 pm

It takes 2 laser-guided JAVs to bring down a transport helo.

Stingers can't be laser-guided.

Next patch should buff stingers a bit.

stationary AA is pretty much only good for making sure the enemy aircraft don't get near your uncap.
"No dictator, no invader can hold an imprisoned population by force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power tyrants and dictators cannot stand." - The prophet G'Kar

frostdillicus
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by frostdillicus » Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:44 pm

I still haven't gotten a feel for the stationary AA guns. Their bullet drop patterns and speeds are completely different from the Mobile AA. They are a very odd thing to use when you are used to the mobile AA vehicles.

E.T. EddieTorrez
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by E.T. EddieTorrez » Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:10 pm

Earlier today I was trying one out on the island map with little success. I figured I could atleast spot and clear the beach for the landing troops but I was neither able to kill any troops or aircraft with the thing.