Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Nov. 22 Patch Notes

Post by BigBiker05 » Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:01 am

Patch notes for Nov 22 patch
Major client update for the PC version Battlefield 3 as well as a server-side update for all platforms.

The update will be made on Nov. 22nd 7:00 AM UTC / Nov. 21st 11:00 PM PST.

We’ll share release timing on the console patches as soon as we are clear on the timing, these take a bit longer due to console certification process.

---- Client-Side Changes:

-- Visuals, Stability and Performance Fixes:

• General performance and loading time improvements
• “Black Screen” fix for an issue occurring on some PC Configurations
• Stereo and Rendering Support for Nvidia and AMD Graphics Cards
• Adjusted the “stuttering” encountered on some PC configurations.
• Fixed several Crashes when joining MP and Co-Op sessions
• Fixed multiple problems when using multiple monitors (Eyefinity / Surround).
• Fixed visual corruption issues on certain Nvidia Cards
• Improved loading times for certain textures
• Added console command “GameTime.MaxVariableFps” to limit max FPS

-- Balance and Gameplay Adjustments (PC)

• Fixed a problem with high speed mouse movement
• Added back some missing Growlers on Kharg Island Conquest Large
• Added back EOR sound for SQDM and TDM
• You should no longer be able to damage a friendly vehicle when sitting in an open position
• Grenades now drop to ground if you get killed while attempting to throw it(note the affect this will have on Hardcore mode!)
• Spawn protection now should work in Conquest. You should no longer spawn on points too close to enemies
• You should no longer spawn too close to enemies in TDM and SQDM
• Combat areas on Kharg Rush tweaked in order to disallow defenders to access the carrier ship after 1st base is taken and being able to enter the AA gun
• Fixed a problem with revived players not suffering suppression
• Fixed a problem with the camera when being revived in COOP
• Added joystick deadzone setting
• Fixed sound for when climbing ladders
• Fixed an issue with some weapon sounds in first person
• Fixed a swim sound loop error
• Increased the damage of Helicopter Miniguns, AA guns, and Jet Cannons against infantry
• Increased the damage of Helicopter Miniguns against jeeps.
• Reduced the physics impact of AA guns and Jet Cannons, players under attack from these weapons should no longer lose control.
• Increased the damage of the 44 Magnum slightly.
• Increased the range and minimum damage of the .357 Round from the MP412 Rex.
• Increased the range of all .45cal and 9mm weapons.
• Slightly increased the range of the P90 and MP7 and PDW-R.
• Slightly increased the range of the 5.56mm PDW-R and decreased the minimum damage at long range.
• Slightly increased the minimum range of the Mk11, SVD, and M39 EMR 7.62mm rifles.
• Decreased the maximum damage and maximum range of the G3 and SCAR-H 7.62mm weapons.
• Reduced the damage from FIM-92 and SA-18 IGLA missiles against aircraft.
• Increased the damage and range of the 40mm BUCK rounds.
• Reduced the damage .50cal weapons do against Helicopters.
• Updated T90 canister shell tweaks to match Abrams canister shells
UI Changes (PC)
• Added round duration and ticket summary at EOR
• Advanced squad polish – should be more intuitive
• Significant changes to the Join Squad functionality (see below)
• Fixed a problem regarding keybindings while playing
• You should now get a better error message when being disconnected via Battlelog

---- Server Update Highlights

• EOD Bot exploit fix
• Several crash fixes
• Anti-stat padding measures taken, disallowing ranked servers to run obscure settings
• Improved team kill kick configuration
• Support for unranked servers. Unranked servers do not report players' scores to Battlelog, but server administrators can freely control all settings

-- Share your profile and stats with new Battlelog functionality

• Ability to share your Profile and Stats pages to Facebook, Google+, and Twitter
• User Profile and Stats pages on Battlelog can now be accessed without being signed in to Battlelog if you know a user's URL
• Single sign on from Battlelog to Origin. If you're not logged in to Origin and join a game server, Battlelog will automatically sign you in to Origin in the background and join the game server

-- Quick notes on Squad changes in the Nov 22 update

• Removed FIND ME A SQUAD option
• Allow players to join empty Squads alone, thus having 1/4 squad members
• Change order of options to LEAVE SQUAD, INV A FRIEND, SWITCH TEAM
• Disable Privacy flag when 1 man squad
• Reset Privacy flag from Private to Public when squad drops to 1 player
• All occupied Squads will now show up colored blue on the Squad Selection screen
• Players who choose not to join squads will also show up as Blue in the "Not in a Squad” line
• Squads that are currently empty will display as white -- if you wish to join an empty Squad, you can choose the first one marked with white text

-- A detailed look at Squad refinements

A detailed look at Squad refinements

Today's PC client patch features numerous tweaks to Squad functionality and is part of our ongoing efforts to make it easier to play with friends and Platoon mates. These changes will also be implemented for consoles when we release the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 updates shortly. Stay tuned for the exact date of the console updates.

First, we need to look at how joining with Squads and Platoons affects the balance of teams. Initially, servers are commanded to equal out each side, so joining with friends can impact that balance while joining with Platoons further hinders this. As a result we have made some adjustments to the in-game Squad management screen.

For PC, you are now able to highlight the various Squads and select which one you wish to join by selecting a Squad and then clicking the Join Squad button. Please note that the Squad Privacy option still allows 2 man Squads which, during 64 player sessions, can lead to players with no squad position –- the number of people with no Squads will be shown at the bottom of the Squad selection list.

After the patch is applied to consoles (in the near future) you will be able to join Squads by cycling through the list and selecting which Squad you wish to join.

Code: Select all

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/news/view/2832654775415378344/

BigBiker05
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Re: Nov. 22 Patch Notes

Post by BigBiker05 » Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:35 am

Other stuff I have noticed so far:
My 360 controller vibrates as it is supposed to.
Spamming spot no longer makes annoying sound (*It started back up again...)

Cpt._Keyes
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Cpt._Keyes » Tue Nov 22, 2011 12:22 pm

invisibility shields? those fixed?
CG6505 CPT Nelson LCDR Wischmeier AST1 Skimin AMT2 Nichols-4SEP08
CG1705 LCDR Barnes LT Bryant AMTC Seidman AET2 Grigonis AET2 Beacham AMT2 Moletzsky AMT3 Kreder-29OCT09
CG6017 LT Krueger AMT1 Hoke AMT2 Banks-07JUL10
CG6535 LCDR Taylor LTjg Cameron ASTC Jorge AET3 Knight-29FEB12
WPB87340-2 BMC Terrell Horne-2Dec12
WMSL751 BM3 Obendorf-18DEC13

Jokes
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Loading…

Post by Jokes » Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:34 pm

http://bf3blog.com/2011/11/upcoming-bat ... d-by-dice/

Here are some key things that are supposed to be coming soon in another patch. Should please a lot of people

Oh, I'm interested in hearing what our helo pilots are thinking of this patch.
aka [Bats]

Jesus_Faction
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Jesus_Faction » Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:10 pm

does it seem to take longer to load initially since the patch for anyone else?

Cpt._Keyes
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Cpt._Keyes » Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:11 pm

Jokes wrote:http://bf3blog.com/2011/11/upcoming-bat ... d-by-dice/

Here are some key things that are supposed to be coming soon in another patch. Should please a lot of people

Oh, I'm interested in hearing what our helo pilots are thinking of this patch.
ive taken a bunch of hits from AA since u last asked me...and i was able to successfully escape rather than go upside down...this pleases me...AA tanks are not the battlefield denial tool they used to be

ive noticed a good tactic now is to charge down the aa tank...most will use the missles first...so i use the ecm jammer as they sit there trying to get a lock...with them switching to guns way too late...if you decide to use flares instead...they switch to guns much further out...and during the time they sit there uselessly getting a lock...im raining lawlrockets on them.

Obviously you will need to change tactics if you have a smart AA gunner...and he wise's up and uses guns first on the helo...but this is just in regards to the general gamer...and as majority of the players make a bee-line to the AA gun...you have more chances of a mediocre gunner

Ive also noticed that it seems aircraft will explode on contact with helo's now...or it could be my TVB failure carries over to BF3 and I am the only fighter pilot who has his plane explode in a helo ramming attack
Jesus_Faction wrote:does it seem to take longer to load initially since the patch for anyone else?
ive noticed nothing significant...but im usually not paying attn on launch of the game...im normally browsing through the stats windows
CG1705 LCDR Barnes LT Bryant AMTC Seidman AET2 Grigonis AET2 Beacham AMT2 Moletzsky AMT3 Kreder-29OCT09

frostdillicus
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by frostdillicus » Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:19 pm

I need to fly to see if the changes are too my liking.

My main issue right now is the problem with the Guided Shell + CITV station shenanigans. I don't think I can adequately express my thoughts on what needs to be changed at this moment, whether it be a change to the CITV station or a change to the way the lock warning is displayed in the chopper, or both. The fact that there are two different locking mechanisms that are, supposedly, baffled by different means means that the Scout/Transport Helicopters are at a significant disadvantage to the Attack Helicopters. At least with the AH you can have each person run a different countermeasure, but that still doesn't get around the fact that ECM only foils locks, not guidance once missiles have been launched. You never know what is locking onto you. If it's IR, it's best to wait for missile launch then flare. If it's Laser it's better to break lock right away as as far as I can tell there is no way to break a laser guided lock once launched. It can still miss, but I think that's more of physics, missile turning, and a hell of a lot of luck.

Then again, I'm pretty sure ECM doesn't do dick to laser locks at this point anyway so the argument is kind of moot.

Cpt._Keyes
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Cpt._Keyes » Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:26 pm

frostdillicus wrote:I need to fly to see if the changes are too my liking.

My main issue right now is the problem with the Guided Shell + CITV station shenanigans. I don't think I can adequately express my thoughts on what needs to be changed at this moment, whether it be a change to the CITV station or a change to the way the lock warning is displayed in the chopper, or both. The fact that there are two different locking mechanisms that are, supposedly, baffled by different means means that the Scout/Transport Helicopters are at a significant disadvantage to the Attack Helicopters. At least with the AH you can have each person run a different countermeasure, but that still doesn't get around the fact that ECM only foils locks, not guidance once missiles have been launched. You never know what is locking onto you. If it's IR, it's best to wait for missile launch then flare. If it's Laser it's better to break lock right away as as far as I can tell there is no way to break a laser guided lock once launched. It can still miss, but I think that's more of physics, missile turning, and a hell of a lot of luck.

Then again, I'm pretty sure ECM doesn't do dick to laser locks at this point anyway so the argument is kind of moot.
A major fix i think would to give a laser lock guided shell the same guided capabilities as a guided rocket...either that or unable to laser lock acft.

Irt to ecm only foiling lock...this is true...but thats why the gunner is responsible for any missile launch warnings rather than trying to time flare alternations...have the pilot try and avoid the lock...with the gunner dropping flares with launch warnings...should ensure a scott free escape

Clay Pigeon
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Clay Pigeon » Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:26 pm

I know that ecm will break the guided shell's locking procedure and force the tanker to reacquire, if possible to reacquire (range, angle, etc), even if the citv lock doesn't get broken.
"No dictator, no invader can hold an imprisoned population by force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power tyrants and dictators cannot stand." - The prophet G'Kar

frostdillicus
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by frostdillicus » Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:39 pm

Maybe it breaks the guided shell lock, but it doesn't break the laser lock. I have never had that broken except due to distance or terrain.

Cpt._Keyes
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Cpt._Keyes » Thu Nov 24, 2011 3:06 am

frostdillicus wrote:Maybe it breaks the guided shell lock, but it doesn't break the laser lock. I have never had that broken except due to distance or terrain.
yeah but doesnt the projectile still need to lock onto the laser...mayhaps that is what is causing confusion

frostdillicus
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by frostdillicus » Thu Nov 24, 2011 3:49 am

This is true, the shell does still need to lock but it only takes 1-2 seconds to lock onto a lasered target. ECM only blocks lock for maybe 3-4 seconds. Unless the chopper can figure out where a tank is aiming from and clear the lock distance in 6-7 seconds, they are dead. This isn't even taking into consideration the fact that ECM is only a viable option for the attack chopper. Giving up flares in the Scout Chopper is almost suicidal as you will be facing far more IR targets than ECM based targets. Yes ECM will still break any active locks, but that's not going to stop 6 other guys from locking onto you with stingers once ECM wears off. I know I sure as hell don't stop tracking a target if I lose lock until I know they are out of range.

Lets not even mention how asplody Transport Choppers are when it comes to this. If you want to see how absolutely ridiculous it is with the CITV station and Guided Shells go find a Nosahar Canals Small and play Russian. Nothing will ever make it to shore. Period.