Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Guess what Villiuns, more caspian!!!!!!

Post by BigBiker05 » Fri Oct 07, 2011 4:00 am

Caspian Border for the beta’s final weekend
After analyzing the data from our first round of closed Caspian Border tests, we have great news for participants in the Battlefield 3 PC Open Beta: the DICE team has decided to bring back Caspian Border for the beta’s final weekend and conduct an open large scale test of the 64 player Caspian Border map.

*****Please keep in mind that as this is beta we will be stress testing our servers***** As such, users may experience crashes, network instability and outages as we roll out and configure servers and network utilities. Understand that such potential issues and the testing environment are not reflective or indicative of the final product and that, through your participation, you will be helping to ensure future stability and functionality.

As we are again specifically testing 64-player server configurations, this test will be for PC only. The Caspian Border servers will be available for all PC players to join. Caspian Border will be available starting Friday, October 7th, in the afternoon (CET).
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/fo ... 967583255/

BETTEH
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Re: Guess what Villiuns, more caspian!!!!!!

Post by BETTEH » Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:39 am

I have a feeling frost and I are going to be playing some BF3 tonight.
2004 DOD Ville Cup Champs - Hobo Strike Squad
Fanciful Unicorn! 2011 Warpath Cup + Villympics Champs.

crimsonshootingstar
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by crimsonshootingstar » Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:19 am

I did not enjoy it spent about 45 minutes running around watching planes fly by and tanks drive around got killed 6 times. No one knew where anyone was so pretty much you just wander around until an enemy walks in front of you and you kill him or until you walk in front of an enemy and he kills you. Finding someone to fight is almost impossible and its a 3 minute walk to any objective. Occasionally tanks show up which is annoying because most people have nothing to fight them with same goes for planes and helicopters. Its a disorganized mess. The map is way to large for only 60 people.

"A shooting star doesn't have a past. It burns like a flame and then is gone before your eyes. That's my kind of life."

Dog
Server Ops
Server Ops

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Dog » Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:04 pm

The last time Caspian was available, I played it and got to know it pretty well. Nice map, actually.
The only issue is with players lining up for the dumb plane.

frostdillicus
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by frostdillicus » Sat Oct 08, 2011 3:39 pm

So Betteh and I are becoming a terror with the attack chopper. Our only problems are:

1. No air cover cause most pilots suck.
2. People taking up the chopper, then backing it into a tree in 3 seconds.

Other than that, AMAZING! Betteh is a great pilot. I owe all my kills to him!

Fox_Blaze
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Fox_Blaze » Sat Oct 08, 2011 4:48 pm

i can hear my dad at this moment in time having woops and hollers of enjoyment gunning down people in the planes. The havoc of the 64 person servers were his favorites, Caspian being the favorite out of all of those.
Thanks Nerevarine King for the banner!
TVC '10-Hale's Angels (3rd place)
TVC '11-League of Evil Villuns (2nd place)[/spoiler]

Dog
Server Ops
Server Ops

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Dog » Sat Oct 08, 2011 5:26 pm

The line ups for the planes annoy me.
Five or six guys sitting around waiting....annoying as hell.

I also get ticked off with air cover. I like tanks and would like some cover!

frostdillicus
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by frostdillicus » Sat Oct 08, 2011 6:26 pm

Come play with us. We kill the crap out of any helicopter we see...while flying the helo.

X.O.Skeleton
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by X.O.Skeleton » Sun Oct 09, 2011 1:40 am

I like that conquest a lot more than the rush
Just need a friend to talk with where to aim or when to run away if needed
Tried the chopper once and I did crash it, sideways to the ground
I hate my slow mouse on that, wish I could make it faster
Crafted by Betteh

Yahoo!!
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Yahoo!! » Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:41 pm

I been putting time into this as well. I have a really tough time with flying vehicles and I do not last long in tanks because of helicopters and those damn C4s. I rather go on foot. I love the forest objective because it is more related to infantry combat. I actually like the jeep the best, and I will soon be trying to use it as a kamikaze vehicle with C4.

It is not the lineup for the jets that is driving me nuts, it is people messing around with the AA. Seriously, don't try to cap an objective with it. We are getting massacred by a helicopter or jet and the AA is stuck in the river :/.

Pine
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Pine » Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:50 pm

I also dislike the slow mouse movements when in vehicles.. I don't like trying to fly a jet and when I need to do a 180 degree turn and I move the mouse across the mouse pad like 6 times just to make it all the way

TACOBELL
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by TACOBELL » Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:34 pm

@iown, that will be adjustable when they finally release controller configs... i noticed the slow movements as well, puke
Eat all the tacos!

BETTEH
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by BETTEH » Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:09 pm

I agree with you on the Jet controls, however after a bit I got a good hold on the Helicopter controls and movement. Aside from the goofiness of taking damage and rolling over all the time it was pretty stable. I had posted in the forums my two concerns with the chopper after extensive play. 1) The stinger seems to pick up on the chopper at a far greater distance than the jets. 2) The chopper sometimes acts as if it has been hit by a giant fly swatter when taking damage. No chance of saving it, get strafed by a jet and only lose 25% HP on the chopper but it barrel rolls and dives. Many others complained about those 2 aspects so I am hoping they are changed. I can understand taking damage, losing control, losing hydraulic fluid or the tail rotor (which happens lol), however none of those mild to moderate changes occur in the chopper. It is just, LOL YOU GOT HIT BY 4 MG ROUNDS FROM A JET, SEE YOU IN HELL.

crimsonshootingstar
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by crimsonshootingstar » Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:36 pm

BETTEH CROCKHURR wrote:I agree with you on the Jet controls, however after a bit I got a good hold on the Helicopter controls and movement. Aside from the goofiness of taking damage and rolling over all the time it was pretty stable. I had posted in the forums my two concerns with the chopper after extensive play. 1) The stinger seems to pick up on the chopper at a far greater distance than the jets. 2) The chopper sometimes acts as if it has been hit by a giant fly swatter when taking damage. No chance of saving it, get strafed by a jet and only lose 25% HP on the chopper but it barrel rolls and dives. Many others complained about those 2 aspects so I am hoping they are changed. I can understand taking damage, losing control, losing hydraulic fluid or the tail rotor (which happens lol), however none of those mild to moderate changes occur in the chopper. It is just, LOL YOU GOT HIT BY 4 MG ROUNDS FROM A JET, SEE YOU IN HELL.
You try taking 4 20×102mm rounds and not falling down. Your helicopter is doing its best but you expect to much from the poor guy.

"A shooting star doesn't have a past. It burns like a flame and then is gone before your eyes. That's my kind of life."

BETTEH
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by BETTEH » Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:57 pm

4 rounds the size of sticks of ram carry enough kinetic energy to literally throw a 20.000lb aircraft into a backflip / barrel roll / nose dive ?

Frosty and many others can tell ya I'm not exaggerating when i say it feels like being hit by a giant fly swatter, it literally throws the aircraft in a random direction at maximum speed, almost completely unrecoverable (and still showing 70%+ HP on the aircraft)

I flew the hell out of the chopper and got frosty in the top 30 gunners in the world before the beta shut down.