Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Re: Beta Up For Download

Post by Pine » Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:02 pm

crimsonshootingstar wrote:
BigBiker05 wrote:
crimsonshootingstar wrote:Finally got into a few matches. Graphics look really good. It has marks of a good first person shooter esp the fire selector. It has all the marks of bad multi player though. Gear earned through rank making longer played players better than new comers, weapons kill you all but instantly and enemys are very hard to spot, and the browser based game menu. It also ticks me off that menus can only be accessed in game while you are alive.
Keep in mind, like every battlefield game released, gear is intended to be sidegrades, not upgrades. It is also noted that all unlocks can be obtained in about 100 hours played from a casual player. There is also a spotting system in this game, you don't need to see the enemy, just someone on your team. The rest is mostly EA being jerks. With that, I have not played the game, just spectated.
I Dont see how getting a large number of accessories to buff your weapon counts as a side grade.
I don't see what the issue is. I think its fair to be honest. In TF2 everyone doesn't get the new weapons to start, and for some of those it is a clear upgrade. Gameplay isn't altered too much and the early levels go by pretty quickly.

crimsonshootingstar
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by crimsonshootingstar » Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:18 pm

Hour and a halfs play only netted 1 unlock for me meanwhile I was being blinded by flashlights shot through scopes an all kinds of other fun stuff I could not do. Also since its skill based mediocre players will take much much longer to get access to the better gear whereas the guys who go 30/0 on a server will get it lightning fast. At least in tf2 it only goes by time and MOST tf2 gear is less of an upgrade more of an option. Its more of that elite players should be rewarded who cares about nubes mentality. Like in that modern warfare games where they give air strikes and call ins to players on kill streaks.

All this being said I feel I should be very clear on something. Engine, mechanics, Graphics wise this game is amazing. The game play is great and the weapons have a good feel. The ability to customize your accessories weapons and load outs is awesome. I am so excited to play the single player and coop modes I am dancing around up and down :dance:

The only things I don't like are the browser based menus, the Rich get richer unlock system that favors better players with better gear options, and as a personnel preference I don't like the hide and seek style of game play preferring straight up guns blazing fights.

"A shooting star doesn't have a past. It burns like a flame and then is gone before your eyes. That's my kind of life."

Jesus_Faction
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Jesus_Faction » Thu Sep 29, 2011 6:00 pm

This game is gonna be GOTY for me. Glad I got my preorder in.

Dog
Server Ops
Server Ops

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Dog » Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:57 pm

I keep losing connections to servers and end up losing my score
:(

Jesus_Faction
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Jesus_Faction » Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:12 pm

yeah, but its not that big of a deal since stats dont carry over after beta

crimsonshootingstar
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by crimsonshootingstar » Sat Oct 01, 2011 11:50 am

I have found my place in this game finally. I am the scope less counter sniper. After all who would want glass when you can have iron.

"A shooting star doesn't have a past. It burns like a flame and then is gone before your eyes. That's my kind of life."

BETTEH
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by BETTEH » Sat Oct 01, 2011 11:54 am

Pine and I have been running assault / support combo and just tearing it up. He throws me ammo, i throw him health, and we carried our team to multiple victories last night. Combining for 60-70 kills a round while the other two guys in our squad combined for 10 kills lol. WHERE YOU AT BRO PINE, GET ON STEAM.

Assault = M416 + Heavy Barrel + Holographic Sights + Foregrip

Side Arm = M9 Tactical

Specialization = Ammo

Haven't found a better combo yet
2004 DOD Ville Cup Champs - Hobo Strike Squad
Fanciful Unicorn! 2011 Warpath Cup + Villympics Champs.

crimsonshootingstar
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by crimsonshootingstar » Sat Oct 01, 2011 11:58 am

BTW I already feel sorry for our admins. The amount of disrespect, spawn camping, and cursing I have seen so far is epic fail. Good luck guys.

BETTEH
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by BETTEH » Sat Oct 01, 2011 12:16 pm

So far the most profanity ive heard is from the ingame voices of the characters reacting to explosions and gun fire.

F here and F there lol.
2004 DOD Ville Cup Champs - Hobo Strike Squad
Fanciful Unicorn! 2011 Warpath Cup + Villympics Champs.

crimsonshootingstar
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by crimsonshootingstar » Sat Oct 01, 2011 12:21 pm

BETTEH CROCKHURR wrote:So far the most profanity ive heard is from the ingame voices of the characters reacting to explosions and gun fire.

F here and F there lol.
I normally don't pay attention to the chat windows since they very noticeable. When I have its filled with QQs, people raging out about how everyone is hacking, calling people gay, and all the other fun stuff. Of course since there isn't in game voice chat its hard to notice.

frostdillicus
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by frostdillicus » Sat Oct 01, 2011 12:26 pm

Is there going to be no ingame voice period or just for the beta? I find it odd that there would be no ingame voice in a team based FPS these days.

Also, I'm sick of rush mode already. Looking forward to Conquest.

Dog
Server Ops
Server Ops

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Dog » Sat Oct 01, 2011 12:29 pm

Snipers are easy to spot because of the lens glare.

Support is the most fun class. There's no point in playing Engineer with no tanks/helos since they shut down Caspian.
Also an assault with defibs is always handy
:D

As far as in-game voice - we always have Teamspeak and as people get to know the 64-player server, they will use it.

TACOBELL
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by TACOBELL » Sat Oct 01, 2011 12:34 pm

as a sniper I love flashlights... keep em shining boys, Ill be watching :)
Eat all the tacos!

crimsonshootingstar
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by crimsonshootingstar » Sat Oct 01, 2011 12:41 pm

I was hoping to unlock the G3 and go to town on people with that but it turns out you have to play assualt for about 2 weeks straight to unlock that. So i went to the other class that offered a semiautomatic 7.62 rifle ripped that useless scope off and went to town. In one morning I almost managed to get more kills with my Snayperskaya Vintovka Dragunova than I had accumulated with my previous favorite over the past few days.

Araris
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Loading…

Post by Araris » Sat Oct 01, 2011 12:46 pm

I was somewhat impressed by the BETA, the graphics were a bit of a let down (granted they disabled ULTRA for the beta so even using that just gives you HIGH settings). I just hate the Battlelog.