Masakari
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

New to Synergy? Map Guide Here!

Post by Masakari » Fri Apr 24, 2009 11:31 pm

I'm guessing most people haven't played Synergy at all, and while being able to play the main single player games are fun, here are some of the best maps that highlight cooperative play.

z_umizuri_a

Ahhh, the fishing map. Each player can bait their fishing rod with watermelons, stick it in the water, and attempt to fish for pretty much any prop found in Half-Life 2. These props can range from the good (Weapons and unlimited ammo boxes), to the bad (Antlion Guards), to the unusual (A stationary doorwat).

syn_trials series

Quite possibly the best stock maps in the game, these maps are all a series of elaborate puzzles. While a lot of them are simply first-person jumping, they do get into math puzzles, mazes, and a lot of other interesting logic puzzles. These maps all require at least two people to play, and in the case of many puzzles the more the better

pyra_world01_v2

If you enjoyed playing L4D for the constant enemy attacks, this map is perfect for you. Work as a team and defeat numerous waves of enemies. Really not much more can be said...good ol' fashioned team enemy killing!

syn_oldcanals

An excellent map to get the idea of what Synergy is all about. A good combination of killing and mild puzzle solving, this map is great for a couple of people. And at only about an hour long at most, it won't distract you from too much.

syn_takeover

This is a good map if you plan your initial attack well. If you start off strong and ration resources properly, this becomes a good maze of coop killing. If not, you will get spawn-camped by combine. Be warned!
I am the 1%!

E.T. EddieTorrez
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by E.T. EddieTorrez » Sat Apr 25, 2009 9:31 am

So in order to play through things like episode 1 do you need to have it installed and start episode 1? Or is everything done through synergy?
[size=100][b][color=red]Hell hath no fury like a woman's scorn for Sega[/color][/b][/size]

Masakari
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Masakari » Sat Apr 25, 2009 9:49 am

[quote="E.T. EddieTorrez";p="168570"]
So in order to play through things like episode 1 do you need to have it installed and start episode 1? Or is everything done through synergy?
[/quote]You start it through Synergy, but you need to make sure you have the game installed, up-to-date, and mounted via Synergy (There's a menu selection that allows you to mount it).
I am the 1%!

Guardian
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Post by Guardian » Sat Apr 25, 2009 11:10 am

pyra_world01_v2 is definitely my favorite so far.

It was crazy last night killing everything. I also liked the ambushs.

"I don't like this room"

"Something is gonna get us..."

"O GOD LOOK AT THE WALL"

"COMBINE!"

"SHOOT THEM"

"USE GRENADES"

"WE DON'T HAVE ANY LEFT!"