Need admins around more often

A place to discuss all things to do with Insurgency
Leper
Villun
Villun
Loading…

Need admins around more often

Post by Leper » Sat Nov 29, 2008 11:42 am

As of posting this, we marines are being spawncamped all to hell in a round of Karkar. Could really use more of an admin presence on the server to stop and/or dissuade this from happening. At one point we couldn't even get up to the sandbags past the spawnpoint.
[img]http://theville.hlstatsx.com/hlstats.php/sig/149705_random.png[/img]
Quit callin' me LEEPer.

DeafOfficeWorker
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Ville Awards

Loading…

Re: Need admins around more often

Post by DeafOfficeWorker » Sat Nov 29, 2008 12:29 pm

We're doing our best. Most of the Ville admins are not INS players.

Add me to your friends list. If I'm on, I'll take care of any problems. I know that X.O.Skeleton, Stevo, Clay Pigeon, Nuckin, Dog...(I'm sure I'm forgetting someone) also play INS.

If you're interested, gold supporters get a reserved spot and access to votekick/ban/mute commands.

The way INS is designed kind of encourages spawn camping, IMHO. It's probably the single most issue that we get complaints. I had to kick a few yesterday after I warned them.

BTW, thanks for bringing that hacker to my attention yesterday. You'll be glad to know that he's permanently banned.
[img]http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s68/pootleshooter/kpsdow.gif[/img]

Trinith
Villun
Villun
Loading…

Post by Trinith » Sat Nov 29, 2008 1:16 pm

If you were in the karkar game where the insurgents dominated the first round, we weren't really spawn camping. We started to but me and a few others told everyone to pull back to the trains and the first line of buildings to give you guys a bit to get out.

Yea you still got stomped, but I never saw any smokes coming from your end at all, so there's only so much we can do.

Yea spawn camping is bad and thankfully, the people on the insurgents were mature enough to agree to not do it, but you guys still didn't get out that round. The next round you guys did pretty good though!

If that's not the time then sorry for the confusion :)

cytec.503
New Villun
New Villun

Post by cytec.503 » Sat Nov 29, 2008 1:41 pm

I went 80-19 the other day on karkar as an insurgent, and heres the problem that I found...

While some thought I was "spawn camping", I really wasnt. The object of the insurgents is to keep the marines from taking A. If the marines take A, the insurgents have almost NO chance of holding a further push. So therefore, we lose. In the beginning, I always command my teamates to push out as far as we possibly can in the early round and let them push us back. I do that because we have infinite spawns, and the marines dont.

What this does is it delays the marines push to A, and also takes time off the clock. So even if they do take A, all we have to do is hold them until time runs out. Make sense?

And I wasnt camping spawn, like some thought, I was running around in front of the trains. I changed position after every wave, finding a new place to ambush. What I found is that the marines were lazy, didnt check corners, didnt smoke, they just expect to run straight to alpha without resistance. I typically play marines more than insurgents because I find its more of a challenge, but honestly, the marines need to step up their game instead of complaining so much.

Edit: And for reference, I wasnt in the game in question. Its just a common misconception I noticed after taking flak from that 80-19 game. I ended up switching teams to finish out the rest of the map.
[img]http://theville.hlstatsx.com/hlstats.php/sig/153417_random.png[/img][img]http://allprogamers.hlstatsx.com/hlstats.php/sig/59_random.png[/img]

JohnCarterofMars
Everlasting Villun
Everlasting Villun

Ville Awards

Post by JohnCarterofMars » Sat Nov 29, 2008 2:00 pm

well, as we can see there is spawn camping for kills and then there is strategy according to the maps. Many times it depends on the situation as to whether its malicious or just part of the winning game plan. Rest assured that we will address all situations that are brought to our attention.

DOW forgot to add my name to the list, so send me a steam PM anytime you have a problem. I'll do my best to help resolve it.

HarryMckay
Villun
Villun
Loading…

Post by HarryMckay » Sat Nov 29, 2008 2:37 pm

There's spawn camping like FREE CHINA and his pals did/do, and then there's camping like the better players (Trogdor, Eagle, etc) do; finding a defensive position ahead of the objective, and denying the enemy the approach. Certain classes also encourage camping: the sniper and the machine gunner both do better if they find a hidey-hole and start picking off opposing forces and providing suppression fire.

It's all a matter of where you are. If you're covering the main approach to the first objective, it's tactically smart. If you're right outside the enemy spawn point where they jump down, ignoring objectives and concentrating on points (typing PLACE every 3 seconds like a certain "dood") then you're not helping your team at all, and just pissing everyone else off. Stay away from the spawns, and you'll be good.

That being said, some people come from CS and other games where spawn-camping is, if not promoted, at least tolerated, and they have to realize that it isn't here. Fortunately we have awesome admins who do their best to deal with the problem players. ^^
Cat: Forget red - let's go all the way up to brown alert!
Kryten: There's no such thing as a brown alert, sir.
Cat: You won't be saying that in a minute!

[img]http://theville.hlstatsx.com/hlstats.php/sig/134556_random.png[/img]

Leper
Villun
Villun
Loading…

Post by Leper » Sat Nov 29, 2008 2:38 pm

While I can't speak for anyone else, when I'm an insurgent on Karkar, it's only towards the end -when the marines are out of respawns- that I leave A. I find that it's hard enough for them to dig us out of there without having to battle just to reach the trains. Same with several other maps. Once the other team's out of their spawn area and around a corner or 2, they have a half a chance. That's when I'll make it as difficult as I possibly can for the other side. Just wish others held the same belief.

As for the initial post about Karkar, yes I got there late. But still, I tried getting up to the first set of buildings and never got past the humvee just after the bridge.
Quit callin' me LEEPer.

cytec.503
New Villun
New Villun

Post by cytec.503 » Sat Nov 29, 2008 6:15 pm

[quote="Leper";p="136654"]While I can't speak for anyone else, when I'm an insurgent on Karkar, it's only towards the end -when the marines are out of respawns- that I leave A. I find that it's hard enough for them to dig us out of there without having to battle just to reach the trains. Same with several other maps. Once the other team's out of their spawn area and around a corner or 2, they have a half a chance. That's when I'll make it as difficult as I possibly can for the other side. Just wish others held the same belief.

As for the initial post about Karkar, yes I got there late. But still, I tried getting up to the first set of buildings and never got past the humvee just after the bridge.[/quote]

While I do agree that karkar is most DEF. harder for marines, I will say that I always try and join marines first. Lots of times I pick sergeant and I spawn as an insurgent. Then I retry to try again, and by that time, all the classes except rifleman are taken. At first I just went with it, but got sick of not having fun. Now I just go insurgent if all the classes except rifleman are taken.

But karkar IS a winnable map with the proper teamwork. With trog as a sergeant, grubby as a marksman, and me as a marksman/sergeant, we've dominated before. But the problem is we rarely all 3 get those classes of weapons. Usually marksman is the first class a grunt joins every game, and its such a key weapon in this map.
[img]http://theville.hlstatsx.com/hlstats.php/sig/153417_random.png[/img][img]http://allprogamers.hlstatsx.com/hlstats.php/sig/59_random.png[/img]

MrBlah
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by MrBlah » Sat Nov 29, 2008 6:43 pm

most definitely is... though I dont always go for marksman on karkar.... when I do, the other team isnt very happy. :D
Eater of Potatoes, since 2008.

I am driven by two main philosophies: know more today about the world than I knew yesterday and lessen the suffering of others. You'd be surprised how far that gets you.
― Neil deGrasse Tyson

cH.GoOgLe
New Villun
New Villun
Loading…

Post by cH.GoOgLe » Mon Dec 01, 2008 10:35 am

Was on last night.. and it was nice to know that an admin was on while we were playing.

Thanks for hosting a great server.

Devastator
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Devastator » Tue Dec 02, 2008 11:39 am

I still think that the admins needs to apeear a little bit more in the servers :wink:
no skill just gots and lotta lucky

AMD Phenom x4 9950 @ 3180 .... ATI radeon HD 3870 @ 810 .... OCZ Reaper DDR2 800 @ 1131 .... AMD kicking

Leper
Villun
Villun
Loading…

Post by Leper » Tue Dec 02, 2008 1:22 pm

Well maybe once a few more try the game, they'll take a liking to things n hang around more often. At least it's not like a certain clan's -not going to mention who, since I see a few of them on Ins.- DoD:S servers. I swear they allow and/or enlist people I suspect of being hacks.

So far, I've only seen 1 hack on Ins. and he's been taken care of since. Yeah, I rather like the Ville server & hope a few more admins get into Insurgency.. need more people to shoot at anyways.
Quit callin' me LEEPer.

DeafOfficeWorker
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by DeafOfficeWorker » Tue Dec 02, 2008 2:17 pm

I'll see if I can get on tonight.

*whipcrack *meow
[img]http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s68/pootleshooter/kpsdow.gif[/img]

sgt stutter
Server Ops
Server Ops

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by sgt stutter » Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:17 pm

If we can get TheVille.Org II - Insurgency server moving and as popular as TheVille.org XI - Insurgency server then we'll see about recruiting/adding some new admin to the mix.
RIP-Trigger
RIP-Blue
RIP-Stevo

Leper
Villun
Villun
Loading…

Post by Leper » Sat Dec 20, 2008 3:15 am

Looks like FREE China made his way around the ban & back to his old spawncamping BS. Now, I understand that you guys can't patrol the server 24/7 so.. is it possible to add a votekick/ban module to the server? Even if a vote wouldn't go through, it'd probably be enough to scare whomever is being a dork into reconsidering what he's doing.
Quit callin' me LEEPer.