A place to discuss all things to do with Insurgency
Fizbon666
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Loading…

Least favorite maps?

Post by Fizbon666 » Wed Oct 22, 2008 11:58 am

All the push maps make me cringe. Karkar is almost impossible for the marines to take the first point.
Sinjar depends on if the marine rush A and take it before the insurgents get there. After that the insurgents have a rough time. Especially at point D, where their spawn is right about the point, and the only way the marines can cap it is to suppress the spawn (spawn camp)

A couple others make it very easy to camp one side other other's spawn, but not both. Like the one with the school, there's 3-4 good places that insurgents will have clear shots at anyone leaving the marine spawn, but I've yet to see/hear any marines ever camping the insurgents' spawn on that map.

MrBlah
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by MrBlah » Thu Oct 23, 2008 1:23 am

the unbalance is a part I really like. Personally though, I prefer to play a Marine in any map though, namely bc i hate the rpg and hate gettin stuck with it when i join
Eater of Potatoes, since 2008.

I am driven by two main philosophies: know more today about the world than I knew yesterday and lessen the suffering of others. You'd be surprised how far that gets you.
― Neil deGrasse Tyson

Fizbon666
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Loading…

Post by Fizbon666 » Thu Oct 23, 2008 10:42 am

If a map leans towards on team or the other, that's fine. But some maps are just broken. On Sinjar, A and B are insane if the marines don't take A in the first minute. Which isn't easy since the insurgs can fire RPGs onto the cap point from relative safety.

I have played on Karkar about a dozen times and I've seen a taken twice. Never seen anyone take B.

gman1211
Villun
Villun

Re: Least favorite maps?

Post by gman1211 » Sat Oct 25, 2008 5:17 pm

Im going to disagree with this, sinjar and karkar are very tactical maps.

With a proper commander these maps actualy become not to shabby. Karkars first point is insane hard to take though, ive only seen it done about 20% of the times ive played on the map. Once you take karkars first point the map actualy shifts to a more marines sided map. Sinjar is alot easier then karkar, but due to the fact its "city" fighting alot of players have trouble moving up.

Karkar could be taken out of the rotation, but sinjar should definatly stay

and back onto the topic... Baghdad is definatly my least favorite map
[img]http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t149/stefangiorio/stopthat.gif[/img]
I Brought you into this world, and i can take you out. -My evil step mom

BETTEH
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by BETTEH » Sat Oct 25, 2008 5:28 pm

Any maps at night, lots of new players, and its bad enough without them not being able to see. I get TKed alot on them :tut:
2004 DOD Ville Cup Champs - Hobo Strike Squad
Fanciful Unicorn! 2011 Warpath Cup + Villympics Champs.

Clay Pigeon
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Clay Pigeon » Sat Oct 25, 2008 6:19 pm

samwanah.

All the other maps are fine.
"No dictator, no invader can hold an imprisoned population by force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power tyrants and dictators cannot stand." - The prophet G'Kar

!B a T m A n!
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by !B a T m A n! » Sat Oct 25, 2008 10:35 pm

i dunno i dont like that.. really big one.. i dont know the name but yeah..

Fizbon666
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Loading…

Post by Fizbon666 » Wed Oct 29, 2008 12:07 pm

Probably Sinjar Batman, it is the largest map.
I find the the insurgs on the hill can see a bit farther than the marines, It makes getting out of spawn almost impossible if the Insurg are working well.

I haven't played it since Dog put the spawn protect on.... that might make D impossible to cap and the insurgs can jump out of spawn and into the point before it wears off.

Rohan
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by Rohan » Sat Nov 01, 2008 1:35 pm

Buhriz needs to go...that map is a steaming bucket of fail :)
Ville Cup 07 DoD 1.3 Finalist ={KPS}=
Ville Cup 07 DoD:S Team *S|E*
Ville Cup 06 DoD 1.3 Finalist =(M)-(M)=

Fizbon666
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Loading…

Post by Fizbon666 » Sat Nov 01, 2008 8:16 pm

Buhriz isn't THAT bad. It's hard for the Marines to take B, but once they do it goes by pretty fast.

Bagdad is my new "favorite" worst map. It NEVER moves beyond point C. For the Marines to get to B they have to cross over spawn exits. I've killed 8 insurgs on my way to B and still had 3-4 pop up behind me when I moved to the point.

Leper
Villun
Villun
Loading…

Post by Leper » Wed Nov 26, 2008 10:09 am

For me, I'd have to say Hillah. Numerous times I've been picked off while covering one angle, only to respawn, go back, cover the *other* angle and get nailed from the direction I was covering in the first place.
[img]http://theville.hlstatsx.com/hlstats.php/sig/149705_random.png[/img]
Quit callin' me LEEPer.

Trinith
Villun
Villun
Loading…

Post by Trinith » Wed Nov 26, 2008 11:09 am

[quote="Fizbon666";p="131258"]Bagdad is my new "favorite" worst map. It NEVER moves beyond point C.[/quote]

That might be part of why I like that map so much. It's pretty balanced for defense on both sides, so it turns into a real battle. You also know that you're not losing... I dunno.

Whereas Buhriz, spending the entire map trying to take A and B really gets ya down. I rarely see a marine win on this map. Heck last night, by some stroke of pure luck we capped B twice and failed to get C afterwards. The map is rediculous! Probably a lot of fun if you're an insurgent though ;)

Ramadi is poorly designed in that it's so easy to spawn camp, the map is just not fun.

By contrast, my most favourite maps are karkar and almaden. Yea they're tough, but I find them generally fair and very interesting to play :) I wish karkar was a bit easier to cap A though so we could see the rest of the map.

Mother
New Villun
New Villun

Post by Mother » Wed Nov 26, 2008 1:54 pm

[quote="Trinith";p="135992"]The map is rediculous! Probably a lot of fun if you're an insurgent though ;)[/quote]

No, Buhriz is not fun as an insurgent. Buhriz is not fun at all. Buhriz is 30-odd minutes that feels like an eternity. And I will second the anti-Hillah sentiment. Neither map is fun.

I like Sinjar a lot, even as USMC, though I think they need to make A easier to take (and I think this even as an insurgent). The fight for B is so much more interesting.

Ramadi is a lot of fun if neither side camps spawn. Of course, that happens only if the cap points are changing hands with some regularity, and that is often not the case.

HarryMckay
Villun
Villun
Loading…

Post by HarryMckay » Wed Nov 26, 2008 2:39 pm

Almaden is a snoozefest (spam RPGs... yay) for Insurgents, pure frustration for the Marines.
Baghdad is actually growing on me, even though the Insurgents' spawn points are far too close to their respective objectives. Fun as either side.
Buhriz is frustrating as hell for the Marines, but it's still one of my favorite maps. It'd be less annoying if the glare didn't make snipers almost useless.
Ramadi is just plain hell to play as Marines. Thumbs down.
Al Hillah is not my favorite, but I don't dislike it either.
Karkar is really fun as Marines, kinda meh as Insurgents.
Sinjar is more like a war map should be: long and wide, and is really fun once the Marines take A.
Abdallah is a good all around map, seeming to be the most even for both sides.

What ever happened to the one in the oil refinery? The night-time version sucked, but I liked the day-time version. Am I just unlucky to never be playing while it's on? Or did it get removed?
Cat: Forget red - let's go all the way up to brown alert!
Kryten: There's no such thing as a brown alert, sir.
Cat: You won't be saying that in a minute!

[img]http://theville.hlstatsx.com/hlstats.php/sig/134556_random.png[/img]

Trinith
Villun
Villun
Loading…

Post by Trinith » Wed Nov 26, 2008 3:59 pm

[quote="HarryMckay";p="136058"]It'd be less annoying if the glare didn't make snipers almost useless.[/quote]

Go into your options and turn off the HDR lighting. As an insurgent anyway, it makes things a lot easier. The glare is behind the attacking marines so I dont' think it matters either way for them.

Bloom is pretty, but I'd rather be able to see the people I'm trying to shoot at ;)