A place to discuss all things to do with Insurgency
Cujo
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Loading…

Points System

Post by Cujo » Mon Nov 10, 2008 5:06 pm

I think it stinks, and fav's the camping T's.
I mostly go on the US side, and try to cap . Yes I get killed, and looking at my K: D ratio it stinks..cuz I'm always up front trying to get caps, when more then 1/2 my team sits back. or.. I get TK'ed .. like late last week. I got TK'ed 13 TIMES !!! in one night
I find the people that join the T side get ALOT of kills hence more points, camping cap points esp on push maps. Like that one map Karkar, Afghanistan I dare you to find a US player with anything close to a even K: D ratio and same with Sinjar, Iraq the initial push from US spawn up the hill to A is nothing but a Frag Spam Fest. Even Almaden, Iraq. I rush A to cap, and no one follows cuz if you don't sprint, and get there late..well 1/2 the T's are there waiting with that @%$# RPG that takes 1/2 the team out......
O.K I'll get off my soap box..sorry guys :(
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v170/Cujo_/userbar359213av7.gif[/img]

[i]Proud member of the[b][size=150][/i][color=red]=U[/color][color=white]S-[/color][color=red]V= [/color][/b] [/size]

Cujo
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Loading…

Re: Points System

Post by Cujo » Mon Nov 10, 2008 5:13 pm

A good case in point... Look at who is number one on the server.. Look at which side they pick.. It's like 85-15 T's.. barely no cap points..and we all know what this player does in game *cough* spawn *cough* We should get more points for cap'ing if your on the US side.. MAN !! I sound like Jim with the whole points thing. heheheh
O.K now I'll hop off the box

[i]Proud member of the[b][size=150][/i][color=red]=U[/color][color=white]S-[/color][color=red]V= [/color][/b] [/size]

Dog
Server Ops
Server Ops

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Dog » Mon Nov 10, 2008 5:14 pm

I understand what you are saying.

We have no way of differentiating between Insurgents and USMC when the points come in. We have no control over that.

Maybe HLStatsX will change their points system.

Fizbon666
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Loading…

Post by Fizbon666 » Mon Nov 10, 2008 5:51 pm

The push maps all heavily favor the defender (Which I believe are all T defend) They aren't impossible, I've seen all the maps push past the normal bottleneck, but they're all HEAVILY tilted towards defense.

I've been on their forums, and the REAL hardcore players tend to pick US. They are all about how it forces teamwork. They don't care that this makes public servers nearly unplayable on some maps.

Currently I HATE Almaden. A is EASY, but getting to B is almost completely impossible unless the US is very organsied and the T's aren't. T spawn about 1/2 the distance to B than the Marines, and the 2 paths to B are wide open and easily held down with RPGs (which happen to have nearby ammo boxes.)

MMX
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by MMX » Mon Nov 10, 2008 6:04 pm

I also realized this a few days ago. The patient snipers that does not get killed at all but at the end of the round gets the most points.

But the ones that try to cap are always in the middle or even lower of the scoreboard. Maybe I do play this game wrong, and have to hold myself more back, but its really hard to form a group that works really together.

I am not quite sure if it is an issue of the size of the server. But I recognized as the amount of players that was on the server was growing the whole game got quite unbalanced. Not because of the game itself but more of the players.

My suggestion is, if you are new to that game lean back join Insurgents, if you really like tough team play join USMC.

Some maps are just too hard to push forward if half of the team is just playing for themselves.

The game concept itself needs strong teamwork on the USMC side, otherwise you get your and your teams butt kicked very bad.

I really hope they don't change the game and don't even the maps. I like it that they are unbalanced. They are just like in real world. You cannot choose your environment.

Lets see how the smaller server works for me, I'll definitely give it a try to see if smaller teams are better for random players.

... Just my 2 cents :)

oh well yea i know its off topic, and should be better in a separate topic. hm not sure what to do ...
[img]http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk247/StevoTVR/monorail_sig.jpg[/img]
- [url=http://tinyurl.com/ykkat36]Mechanical Mathematics Xenomorph[/url]
- local time zone: [url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Central_European_Time]CET[/url] ([url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coordinated_Universal_Time]UTC[/url]+1), [url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daylight_saving_time]DST[/url]: [url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CEST]CEST[/url] ([url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coordinated_Universal_Time]UTC[/url]+2)
- Signatures: [url=http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk247/StevoTVR/dodcup08/vov_sig_mmx.png]TheVille DoD Cup '08[/url]

MrBlah
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by MrBlah » Tue Nov 11, 2008 12:01 am

Bottom line, I think the points of a cap needs to be increased.
Eater of Potatoes, since 2008.

I am driven by two main philosophies: know more today about the world than I knew yesterday and lessen the suffering of others. You'd be surprised how far that gets you.
― Neil deGrasse Tyson

gman1211
Villun
Villun

Post by gman1211 » Tue Nov 18, 2008 6:16 pm

Ya, im not gonna lie this game is definatly favoured towards the insurgents. HOWEVER. Maps like karkar, buhriz, sinjar and almaden do have specific strategys and fire points that make insurgents life hell.

Heres a few of them....

1.Karkar - Get both of your support guns on the right side on top of the hill underneath and slight to the left of the ladder coming down from the chute thing. Then proceed to opening fire on the window of the factory, slaughtering a vast amount of insurgents. This spot almost always makes the map have a shift to the point were americans are able to push forward into B.

2.Burhis - After taking the easy cap of A, get your the grenadier ready!. Procceed to the left side (when facing objective b) along the wall. You will find a small U shaped sand bag, Sit behind it and fire grenades into the left sides trench, then have your team move forward on the left and capture B.

3.Almaden - Prep your grenadiers once again. When moving into objective A have the grenadiers fire grenades into the Mosc. After the first volley, have your support gunners and sniper move into defencive positions. Then simnply smoke the middle, and procceed to cap it. After this prep your grenades and split your team into 2 groups. Group 1 will "fight" (simply hold the line, makes some picks, push a little etc...) on the right side (when facing objective b). Group 2 will preform the major push through the mosc. Group 2 has the hard job, they must cross the main door and quickly toss a cooked grenade around the corner instantly killing all major defenders (make take one or 2 grenades, also suggest using the grenadier class), then they will push the left side and signal group 1 to begin there push. When group one pushs up they MUST NOT CROSS THE WALKWAY, they need to turn right before the walkway and secure the downstairs before mosivng upstairs. With both sides pushed B should fall to the US side relativly easy.
** as you said it, US must be organized, however this usaly works even if the insurgents are organized.

4.Sinjar - Simply grab your rifles, avoiding and sort of zerg on the left side (2-3 people is preferable) and have your main force push the middle. While pushing the middle, be sure to keep all snipers and rifles on top of the hill "occupied" or simply kill them. Once you reach the road turn left and procced to A, making sure you cook and toss grenades up the hill along with suppresive fire. Once your ready to make the sprint into A throw your smoke grenades into the center of the street to prevent sniper fire. Then simple run into A and capture it.

As for the sniper debate, I agree.

And the debate on balance between the 2 (USMC and insurgents) can be brought down to two things.
1. maps (insurgents get the advantage!)
2. weapons (USMC gets the advantage [if you dont belive me on this one, just compare the sniper rifles.])

And after that rant for the stretegicly disabled, id like to say yes, increasing the points for capturing would be good.
[img]http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t149/stefangiorio/stopthat.gif[/img]
I Brought you into this world, and i can take you out. -My evil step mom

Trinith
Villun
Villun
Loading…

Post by Trinith » Tue Nov 18, 2008 6:41 pm

[quote="gman1211";p="134640"]
2. weapons (USMC gets the advantage [if you dont belive me on this one, just compare the sniper rifles.])[/quote]

I beg to differ (on the sniper rifles). The marines rifle may be semi automatic, but I find I miss a lot with it. Whereas with the bolt action insurgent rifle (screw that semi-auto POS) it's a lot more accurate for me.

Very frustrating to take 5 shots with the marine rifle, all with the x-hair right over the target, and have every one of them miss.

Actually I'll take this further... while the m4 owns, the insurgents have the advantage in that all of their sights are open and less restricting. In real life the peep sight is a superior aiming system but in game it's just model clutter that blocks your view. Given the choice between an m16 and an AK, I'll take the AK any day ;)

gman1211
Villun
Villun

Post by gman1211 » Wed Nov 19, 2008 1:08 am

Mmm im not gonna lie, the sniper rifle problem sounds like a personal issue (I even went and tested it!)

And your second point.... well its perfectly valid the open top sights do make the weapons much easier to use. But im still going to argue that the americans have better weapons. Yes with closed top sights the weapons do become harder to use, the catch is once you've "mastered" the m16a4 or m4 you should easly be at par with the Ak-47 (also note the guns have 2 diffrent purposes, one is more for close combat while the other prefers long range). Getting to the point, once you've mastered a USMC weapon its generaly more usefull then the insurgent weapon, however the insurgent weapons are easy to use from square one.
[img]http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t149/stefangiorio/stopthat.gif[/img]
I Brought you into this world, and i can take you out. -My evil step mom

Trinith
Villun
Villun
Loading…

Post by Trinith » Wed Nov 19, 2008 11:06 am

Haha that's fair, I could just be a super-noob with the marine rifle :P It is rather frustrating though when you're lined up perfectly and the shot misses. It's not like they're very much weapon sway on that one... I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

In a game where all you really have to do (barring the above) is point and shoot, the only real advantage you have is visibility. That's why I place the AK over the M16 in all situations. Both have similar recoil, accuracy, and power (in game), the only difference I've found is that with the AK, when I see something outside my sight area I can easily move my aim to it and shoot. With the M16 I tend to lose my target in that damn ring!

You're right though, it's a matter of getting the hang of it I guess... I just haven't managed it over the last year or so >< So I take the m4 any chance I get :D (lol, as evidenced by my stats page)

DeafOfficeWorker
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by DeafOfficeWorker » Wed Nov 19, 2008 11:18 am

We saw this "stats favor the defenders" thing with TF2. It's crappy, but I don't care about the stats anyway. It does irk me though to see players switching sides etc. to stat hor.

I must admit that I like the insurgent weapons more. The good ol' AK is hard to beat. I hate the USMC 3-round burst M-16...I mean seriously HATE it! Every time I get stuck as a USMC rifleman, I keep searching the ground for a better weapon.
[img]http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s68/pootleshooter/kpsdow.gif[/img]

Trinith
Villun
Villun
Loading…

Post by Trinith » Wed Nov 19, 2008 11:40 am

[quote="DeafOfficeWorker";p="134807"]I keep searching the ground for a better weapon.[/quote]

... And promptly get shot 'cause you're not paying attention. Yea... me too! :D

Hey, about the team switching... I guess it wouldn't really prevent it, but something neat I saw on a CS server the other day. The server had a set number of rounds and after half, it would automatically switch everybody to the opposite team.

I thought it was cool :)

Cujo
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Cujo » Wed Nov 19, 2008 1:55 pm

Yeah if I get an M-16.. I change it to single fire..by hitting "x" that way if I spam the mouse it will fire quicker....that's just what I do
but the insurgents guns kinda own..they have the advantage on most maps and more auto's which make it even harder..but hell if your on the US side..just kill an insurgent and grab his gun ;)

Fizbon666
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Loading…

Post by Fizbon666 » Wed Nov 19, 2008 6:54 pm

[quote="DeafOfficeWorker";p="134807"]I must admit that I like the insurgent weapons more. The good ol' AK is hard to beat. I hate the USMC 3-round burst M-16...I mean seriously HATE it! Every time I get stuck as a USMC rifleman, I keep searching the ground for a better weapon.[/quote]

THIS!