DayZ Base Building 1.2

Plas
Server Admin
Server Admin

Ville Awards

Loading…

DayZ Base Building 1.2

Post by Plas » Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:47 pm

My brother belongs to a gaming community that installed this recently updated server side mod on their Dayz server. Currently my Dayz is running really choppy so its hard to check out anything in game but the mod kinda looks fun, adds another layer to the game play.
Base Building Full Features List:

Ability to build 30+ Arma 2/OA Objects in DayZ and create your ultimate base with your friends
Buildable Recipe Menu with pictures and Information
Gate Panels with Keypad access to open and close gates
Buildable Booby Traps that blow up in 10 meter proximity, crawl to avoid!
Custom disarm bomb action, with chance to fail based on not having toolbox/entrench tool
AntiWall feature that doesnt allow players to exit out of vehicles into player made bases.
Custom buildable removal function with chance to lose toolbox
Detailed parameters allowing server owners to dictate where things can be built, if they are invincible, etc etc.
Integrated into DayZ code
Server restart compatible
Virtually compatible with any DayZ map.
Server side Update object feature to allow active player bases to stay updated for cleanup script.

Video Explaining 1.2

Older Video

Video from the server my brother is active on showing a helicopter landing area.

Cpt._Keyes
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Re: DayZ Base Building 1.2

Post by Cpt._Keyes » Thu May 02, 2013 2:54 am

hmmm i would endorse experimenting with different mods...
CG6505 CPT Nelson LCDR Wischmeier AST1 Skimin AMT2 Nichols-4SEP08
CG1705 LCDR Barnes LT Bryant AMTC Seidman AET2 Grigonis AET2 Beacham AMT2 Moletzsky AMT3 Kreder-29OCT09
CG6017 LT Krueger AMT1 Hoke AMT2 Banks-07JUL10
CG6535 LCDR Taylor LTjg Cameron ASTC Jorge AET3 Knight-29FEB12
WPB87340-2 BMC Terrell Horne-2Dec12
WMSL751 BM3 Obendorf-18DEC13

M's
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by M's » Sat May 04, 2013 10:26 am

Bump bump HINT

Cpt._Keyes
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Cpt._Keyes » Wed May 08, 2013 12:35 pm

I am assuming the deafening silence is the answer?
CG1705 LCDR Barnes LT Bryant AMTC Seidman AET2 Grigonis AET2 Beacham AMT2 Moletzsky AMT3 Kreder-29OCT09

TheCarpe
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by TheCarpe » Wed May 08, 2013 12:47 pm

I agree that we need some spin to bring people to our server. It's a big world of Day Z servers and unless you can offer something to stand out from the pack it's going to continue to be hard to bring in population. I'd be for messing with some mods to try and make this happen.
Heck's Kitchen - TVC'08 & '11 ** The Axecutioners - TVC'09 ** Hale's Angels - TVC'10 ** CCCP - TVC'12 ** Ville Cuppin' Cakes - TVC'13 ** TheCarpetbaggers - TVC'14 CHAMPIONS

M's
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by M's » Wed May 08, 2013 2:34 pm

Cpt._Keyes wrote:I am assuming the deafening silence is the answer?
Here you go Keyes
Alizée Fan wrote:I'm waiting for a reply from Dog and/or Stutter before I post up too much info, but at the moment I have it set on Taviana. As things go forward, I'm planning to poll interested Villuns regarding settings and such, but I want to clear one or two things before I get that far :-)

Cpt._Keyes
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Cpt._Keyes » Wed May 08, 2013 2:38 pm

<eVa>mlite wrote:
Cpt._Keyes wrote:I am assuming the deafening silence is the answer?
Here you go Keyes
Alizée Fan wrote:I'm waiting for a reply from Dog and/or Stutter before I post up too much info, but at the moment I have it set on Taviana. As things go forward, I'm planning to poll interested Villuns regarding settings and such, but I want to clear one or two things before I get that far :-)

that was back when it first fired up...I DEMAND INSTANT GRATIFICATION

Boss Llama
Site Admin
Site Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Boss Llama » Wed May 08, 2013 3:27 pm

Sorry, been busy busy of late.

Some of the mods require some fairly serious chops as far as tearing apart server files and rebuilding them. DayZ also has the unusual "feature" of existing with two different systems for handling back-end stuff, and mods for one don't work at all for the other. Our server is hosted throught DayZ.st, which is a great host for a basic server, and provides access to most of the stuff needed to mod, but it's entirely on the end-user to figure out what will work, alter stuff, and ftp it up there. Even the simple act of adding a single line (using a tutorial specific to the installation we have) to active automatic refueling knocked out the server completely.

There are some competing "base building" type mods out there, most of the ones I've seen not being compatible with the back-end we have. I'm not sure about this one (haven't had a chance to look). I'm a little wary of stuff that adds new buildings in to the map, as I've only seen that done well on one server I've visited, and it's been done horribly on many others. Still, I'll try to check it out here coming up.
-Boss Llama

Cpt._Keyes
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Cpt._Keyes » Wed May 08, 2013 3:34 pm

Alizée Fan wrote:Sorry, been busy busy of late.

Some of the mods require some fairly serious chops as far as tearing apart server files and rebuilding them. DayZ also has the unusual "feature" of existing with two different systems for handling back-end stuff, and mods for one don't work at all for the other. Our server is hosted throught DayZ.st, which is a great host for a basic server, and provides access to most of the stuff needed to mod, but it's entirely on the end-user to figure out what will work, alter stuff, and ftp it up there. Even the simple act of adding a single line (using a tutorial specific to the installation we have) to active automatic refueling knocked out the server completely.

There are some competing "base building" type mods out there, most of the ones I've seen not being compatible with the back-end we have. I'm not sure about this one (haven't had a chance to look). I'm a little wary of stuff that adds new buildings in to the map, as I've only seen that done well on one server I've visited, and it's been done horribly on many others. Still, I'll try to check it out here coming up.
this doesnt add new buildings, it uses the ingrained arma multiplayer basebuilding