Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Re: Opinions required!

Post by BETTEH » Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:39 pm

BigBiker05 wrote:Just a little bit more:

Like mortis said, lets not go with the glock. Ammo for glock is too rare in noob areas.

As for vehicles, how do custom vehicles work and can we de-militarize it a bit? I would prefer not to see a billion tanks and military choppers around and would like to see some bush-planes and small civilians choppers. Same with the weapons, rather have civilian/hunting weapons be more normal than high-grade military weapons (if that is possible).

Otherwise, everything seems good.
That was the idea with the glock, you throw it away instead of continuing to grab ammo for it. You have 36 rounds to do your business and acquire some sort of defense.

If you are hell bent on having ammo handed to you then we should go with the Makarov, since it has low lethality. We also used to spawn with a Makarov + 2 clips back in the day, but Rocket didn't like the constant spawn PVP so it was taken away. (It was also more powerful at the time)
2004 DOD Ville Cup Champs - Hobo Strike Squad
Fanciful Unicorn! 2011 Warpath Cup + Villympics Champs.

Boss Llama
Site Admin
Site Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Boss Llama » Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:09 pm

Aye. the idea with the G17 isn't that you've got a gun to go conquer the world - it's that you've got a gun to defend yourself against zombies, if you are careful. A good player can raid a city with a single magazine in one of those. The high magainze capacity is what makes it work for this situation I think - the ammo is less common, but you get a lot of it. It's only when it's thrown away willy nilly against players, or poorly aimed at zombies, that it comes up short.

Basically, I think the G17 ought to last long enough to find a different gun.

Re: the vehicles, Chernarus should have a lot fewer military type vehicles than Taviana did - it has far fewer military spawns overall. I'm not (yet) looking at altering the vehicle types, merely increasing the number of spawns that occur each cycle. The types of vehicles should stay true to the map, and the map is largely civilian. If it's not working out, or too many of the wrong type are popping, I'll definitely look at customizing that as you suggest. I do like the idea of having an emphasis on the availability of civilian rather than military gear, but don't want to shift that balance enough to drive off the folks who love the military stuff.
-Boss Llama

TheCarpe
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by TheCarpe » Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:46 pm

So when can we expect the new server to be ready to roll? If full PvP is starting, a rush to become armed and mobile quickly will be pretty important, methinks.
Heck's Kitchen - TVC'08 & '11 ** The Axecutioners - TVC'09 ** Hale's Angels - TVC'10 ** CCCP - TVC'12 ** Ville Cuppin' Cakes - TVC'13 ** TheCarpetbaggers - TVC'14 CHAMPIONS

Boss Llama
Site Admin
Site Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Boss Llama » Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:53 pm

Chernarus is now up, with new loadouts in place and vehicles set.

Gonna take me slightly longer than planned to get the extra crashes in - version changes are a pain - but those will follow.
-Boss Llama

TheCarpe
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by TheCarpe » Sun Mar 31, 2013 11:50 pm

Alizée Fan wrote:Chernarus is now up, with new loadouts in place and vehicles set.

Gonna take me slightly longer than planned to get the extra crashes in - version changes are a pain - but those will follow.
I just jumped on and had no gun nor map. Just FYI.
Heck's Kitchen - TVC'08 & '11 ** The Axecutioners - TVC'09 ** Hale's Angels - TVC'10 ** CCCP - TVC'12 ** Ville Cuppin' Cakes - TVC'13 ** TheCarpetbaggers - TVC'14 CHAMPIONS

Boss Llama
Site Admin
Site Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Boss Llama » Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:36 am

Gak, sorry about that. Looks like I cleared it by mistake when I changed the map.

Should be correct now.
-Boss Llama

ShiftyDevil
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by ShiftyDevil » Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:54 pm

Me, Betteh and Biker pretty much agree'd to be pretty passive for at least a week. Help people get acclimated, hand out tips, that sort of thing, then we'll worry about pvp.