Free copies of ARMA II CO (To play DayZ)

Boss Llama
Site Admin
Site Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Free copies of ARMA II CO (To play DayZ)

Post by Boss Llama » Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:45 pm

Howdy all!

Want to join us for some awesome DayZ action, but don't have ARMA II? Fear not!

This week (Last Sunday, specifically) was my five year anniversary here on The Ville forums, so I'm celebrating it by giving away five copies of ARMA II Combined Operations - the games necessary to play DayZ! I'll give one copy away each day for the next five days, to the person I feel best responds to each day's question, challenge, or other whimsey that strikes. Questions may be fact/real world based, or could be fictional/zombie related. Answers may be in essay form, list form, picture form, or whatever else you think best fits.

Replies should be sent by PM, to avoid giving away your awesome responses! :-D

The rules of the giveaway are simple:
1) Be a Villun
2) Respond to the daily challenge
3) Win!
-Boss Llama

Boss Llama
Site Admin
Site Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Re: Free copies of ARMA II CO (To play DayZ)

Post by Boss Llama » Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:45 pm

DAY 1
You awaken to find yourself washing ashore along the coastline of a strange land, with no memories of who you are, but all your previous skills and abilities intact. You’re wearing jeans and a t-shirt, and are carrying nothing but a gauze pad, some aspirin, and a .45 caliber revolver with a single cylinder of bullets.

You are soaking wet, hunger is gnawing at your belly, and the salt water has left you feeling parched. It’s daytime, and you’re pretty sure it’s morning, but you see rainclouds moving in on the horizon, and a breeze is beginning to kick up. You see the ruins of a small abandoned town to your left, a hilly crag rising a few hundred feet above the water to your right, and a dirt road running in to a nearby forest straight ahead of you. You see no people anywhere.

Assume this is a real world scenario. Describe what you do on day one in this place in order to survive.
-Boss Llama

Larry
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by Larry » Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:58 pm

VIEW CONTENT:
I would journey inwards looking for some kind of river or source of fresh water. I would then build a lean-to shelter close to the river, but far enough away that if it floods from rain, I won't be washed away. I would build a fire using the gauze pad as tinder (assuming It's dry), and firing the .45 across the pad. Fire for warmth to stop hypothermia and as a signal fire.

As for food, I guess I would go to the town and salvage what I can. Maybe make a dead fall trap to maybe snare something, but I doubt it would catch anything. After i get settled and know my surroundings, I would follow the coast and look for a settlement. Not knowing the climate or area and animals, i guess it depends.
Thanks to Seagreens for the spiffy banner!
VIEW CONTENT:
RIP Mr. Laptop 5/21/13
USAHB-Team Hand Brake 2012 Villy-Stuff
#HL3 TVC '13
FAIL Warpath Cup 2012-Proud to FAIL
Heck's Kitchen 2011

M's
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by M's » Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:26 pm

VIEW CONTENT:
I would disassemble my firearm, and clean it the best I could to prevent anymore corrosion from the sea water.

Make my way toward the abandoned settlement, looking for supplies as I made my way there. Knowing that finding shelter and food will be easier there

Once at the settlement I'd use the aspirin bottle to collect and store water from the storm that is moving in.

As I collect and drink the water from the storm that moved in, I'd clean myself off the best I could in preparation for an extended stay.

After cleaning myself and re-hydrating from the rain, next I'd forage for something to eat.

By this time it is starting to get late in the day, I have gained my cardinal directions.
I have gathered enough material to sustain me through the night. As well as eggs from a bird nest I found. I remove 1 cartridge from the pistol, remove the bullet, empty the powder onto my tinder bundle, I then strike the primer of the cartridge to light the powder on fire and move it to my fire bundle.
I use an old metal can to collect and boil some water to cook the eggs I found.
I keep the fire low so as to not attract to much attention to my position, but big enough to dry my clothing.

ADevilishPotato
Server Ops
Server Ops

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by ADevilishPotato » Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:31 pm

VIEW CONTENT:
First day objective: Orient myself to my surroundings, create shelter, create warmth, try to secure water, try to locate food

First off, due to the breeze, I would strip naked to avoid hypothermia. My primary concern would be to stay warm and find some sort of shelter, so I would move into the abandoned town to see if there was any building that would provide some walls and maybe some sort of roof. Having road access to the forest, I set off to keep myself occupied and warm by collecting branches, leaves, sticks, pine needles (or other fine detritus), and rocks to shore up my ruin and for firewood. I would be on the lookout for trash as well, especially a tin or other container i might be able to fill water with. Assuming I find something, I would then quickly try and make a crude reverse tepee out of sticks and leaves to help catch any rainwater that was about to strike. I would also be looking out for food/and or a water source on my venture to gather materials. When I get close to finishing up, I start a fire using one of the bullets in the .45, but i would first remove the bullet using a rock or such as to avoid the risk of injury. I would place any wet clothing near the fire to dry. If a rainstorm has rolled in, I would hunker down for the rest of the day and keep dry and warm the best I could. If not, I would preform a more though search of the town and the area immediately around it to scavenge anything that could help me out. Not too worried about food on the first day, especially if I have not found a water source since eating would continue to dehydrate me.
WARPATH Cup '12- [WARPATH] We are running past all the heavies
The Ville Cup '12- (DYD) Dirty Dan's Double D's
Dust Bowl loves Warpath '13- (CD-i) Chokepoints and Demomen- international (Champions!)
The Ville Cup '13- [T^5] Tuber's Truly Terrifying Tator Tots
The Ville Cup '14- GCI_ Guild of Calamitous Intent

ADevilishPotato
Server Ops
Server Ops

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by ADevilishPotato » Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:33 pm

I almost want to say that people should PM you their answers as to not help the next person down the line :P
Dust Bowl loves Warpath '13- (CD-i) Chokepoints and Demomen- international (Champions!)

NerevarineKing
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by NerevarineKing » Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:04 pm

(I agree with potato. I tried not to read anyone's posts, so I don't use anything I would've never thought of.)
VIEW CONTENT:
First, I would remove my clothing in order to dry it out. Next, look for shelter in town. Any building in the town would be better than any shelter I could build. If no water is found in the town, look in the forest. If none is there, I would have to catch rainwater somehow. There is likely to be something that will hold water in town. If not, I suppose I could dump the aspirin bottle out and use it. I can just wait until the next day to find food. A fairly fit person can probably go weeks without food, but water is the top priority.
Warpath Cup '12- [ICU] Inner Children Unleashed (Champions!)
Villympics '12- [USAHB] USA Handbrake
The Ville Cup '12- [SOLTAN] Solis Tanquam
Warpath Loves Dustbowl '13- \SOBAD/
The Ville Cup '14- GCI| Guild of Calamitous Intent

Boss Llama
Site Admin
Site Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Boss Llama » Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:21 pm

Good call, Potato and King. I was trying to think of something to avoid that, but for some reason forgot about PMs.

I've spoilered everything posted so far, and have copied it to my HDD. Feel free to edit/delete your posts if you wish, I have the content now. I added a note to the first post so that the following days will be via PM.

Good replies so far folks, looking forward to more!
-Boss Llama

BETTEH
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by BETTEH » Fri Mar 29, 2013 6:35 pm

Just spoiler them, so I can read about everyone wanting to get naked.
2004 DOD Ville Cup Champs - Hobo Strike Squad
Fanciful Unicorn! 2011 Warpath Cup + Villympics Champs.

ADevilishPotato
Server Ops
Server Ops

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by ADevilishPotato » Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:14 pm

BETTEH wrote:Just spoiler them, so I can read about everyone wanting to get naked.
ahh yeah! well you can do that in this game right? :lol:

Flash
Site Admin
Site Admin
Minecraft name: FlashTVR

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by Flash » Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:50 pm

VIEW CONTENT:
I would check to see it my ammunition appeared to be dry then attempt to conceal my handgun. I wouldn't want a stranger getting the wrong idea that I was hostile at first sight.

Hoping to find something to drink and knowing I might need shelter if a storm rolls through, I head toward the deserted town.

Assuming I don't encounter anyone, I would begin to search the small town for any clue as to where I am. Along the way I would hope to find food and water, as well as additional clothing for protection from the elements, and possibly additional weapons or ammo. The fact that I am armed must mean something bad has happened.

If successful in securing provisions or even finding a suitable shelter, but still not knowing where I am, I would start thinking about where I will sleep that night before slowly starting to venture out and see what else might be nearby.

If the town is truly barren with no safe place to sleep I would attempt to climb the hill for a better vantage point. If no suitable target is observed from there I would venture into the woods down the road.
(Then I would have an old fisherman dig a piece of metal from my back that shined a light with a bank account number, thank him, and head to Switzerland!) :P

MateoTheBold!
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by MateoTheBold! » Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:20 am

Don't judge me.
VIEW CONTENT:
I glance about with dismay, noticing no source of food or water nearby, lest I decide to slate my thirst with saltwater or my hunger with dried, rotten fish washed upon the beach. "I haven't reached Plinko's level yet", I tell myself. The thought is cheerful, and warms my heart as I realize I still possess some measure of self-respect and cunning.

I walk with purposeful stride into the woods along the dirt road. Once safely under cover of canopy from the capricious wind and incoming rain, I tie my slightly soaked white cotton shirt into a knot, exposing my hairy and paunched belly, belying my age as I approach middle-adulthood.

Using the butt of my revolver, I crush the aspirin and mix it with some of the stagnant water found on the woodland floor into a bit of paste, and spread it on my face in an attempt to form of a bit of primitive foundation. I find a berry bush nearby and set quickly to work crushing the berries and applying a compote of their juice to form some rogue onto my cheeks. Mixing the compote with clay, I apply that mixture to my lips. "Maybe its maybeline....or maybe I was born with it", I chuckle to myself, admiring my dolled up countenance in the muddy forest puddle.

I next look around for some type of cutting utensil, to fashion my jeans into lowcut home made jean shirt shorts, but finding none, I sigh to myself in exasperation that I will not be able to highlight my best assets. "No, matter", I murmur slightly under my breath, "you still got it, girl."

Letting out a small sigh of satisfaction, I begin walking down the dirt road until I spot what looks to be a deserted vehicle in on the side of the road. A flat tire lies next to it, and its back left wheel has been jacked up, exposing a wheel less rim. The trunk is empty, but inside I find a boxcutter.

I quickly go to work on my jeans and soon I am wearing a pair of low cut, homemade jean shirts, my hairy pale legs stick proudly out the leg holes.

"Perfect...now all I do is wait" I chuckle to myself. Settling myself down next to the car, I bide my time. A few hours pass as I wearily scan the horizon, looking both north and south along the road, waiting. Light begins to fade, and I begin to have a small measure of doubt...but wait! I hear the noise of a car engine!

I quickly jump to my feet and lean my arms over the hood of the car as I hear a truck slow and begin to pause; a slight shriek of the brakes announce that it has come to a stop 30 feet behind me, its headlights pointed towards me and car. Dust motes dance in the light.

"What seems to be the trouble, miss?" a voice announces from behind me. "Tee-hee, I appear to have some car trouble", I announce in a high voice as I turn around and face the parked truck, its lights bathing me harshly. "Well I reckon we can look and see what the problem is" a man announces from the driver seat, a large grin on his face. He stares at me in rapt wonder, while a female passenger eyes me cattily from the passenger seat.

The man opens the car door and puts a shotgun he is carrying into the truck bed and begins to approach, bewildered by my beauty.

Suddenly my hand reaches into my back jeans pocket and grabs the revolver, flashing it towards the man instantly. My voice suddenly gruff and low announces "Don't come any closer. Empty your pockets and don't try any funny business!"

The man yelps in surprise, "You done tricked us! I thought you were an angel of the forest!" "Sorry pal, my friend Keyes taught me this trick. He uses it all the time to get free dinners from disembarking sailors".

The man and woman both comply. As I step into my new truck, I notice gallon jugs of water and ample food supplies in the backseat.

Warpath Cup- FU-2011, FAIL 2012
Villeympics- BB 2011, USAHB 2012
Ville Cup- HK 2011, SNES 2012, :TIME: 2013, CTB 2014

M's
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by M's » Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:59 am

MateoTheBold! wrote:Don't judge me.
Damn near peed myself reading that.

Bronze Fox
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Bronze Fox » Sat Mar 30, 2013 12:39 pm

MateoTheBold! wrote:Don't judge me.
Teacher's pet.

ShiftyDevil
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by ShiftyDevil » Sat Mar 30, 2013 12:49 pm

VIEW CONTENT:
Steal Betteh's huey and run him over with it. Then parachute down on Mortis and shoot him until he dies to death.

Then Party.