Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Re: Day Z General Information

Post by Mortis462 » Thu Jan 23, 2014 4:56 pm

Welcome to the wacky world of DayZ.

I have to respectfully disagree with Al's view on DayZ. Yes you can pretty much expect to be shot on site 90% of the time, the stand alone is a bit friendlier than the mod currently. As there is no "end game" in DayZ so you have to expect people are going to get bored and start to mess with one another. I see no point to a game where you just run out and collect things then bring them back to some hidden stash, I already do this and it's called life. It's a game I want action and that in this case is going to involve hunting people at some point and man is it great fun. I've never enjoyed and hated a game more than DayZ. I have over 600 hours into the mod and a handful into the standalone.

Never will you experience the same game from day to day it is always different, tasks are the same but context is always different and man do some amazingly hilarious things happen in this game. At the same time some nights can be quite frustrating it really just depends on the night. Carpe's videos are some good highlights of mostly our derpiest moment's that are going to seem really random and out of context but most revolve around so much laughing that tears are literally rolling. In the end it's a game, not to be taken seriously keep that in mind and you should have some great memories, I know I sure do.

My .02
Everyone has changed
Everything has changed
Everyone has changed
But me

chaffe[seagreens]
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by chaffe[seagreens] » Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:56 pm

thats why I bought it, saw some wacky things going on. I actually laughed when I got sniped. spend all that time finding nothing, boom, dead. Can't wait to hop on again tonight. would be awesome to run around with someone sometime.

ShiftyDevil
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by ShiftyDevil » Sat Jan 25, 2014 1:13 pm

If you're going into DayZ for a fun survival experience and want nothing to do with pvp you'll have a good time for 10ish hours.

If you're going into DayZ for a fun survival experience and want to pvp then you'll have a good time for hundreds of hours.

EDIT: This is primarily in reference to the mod. Standalone is very, very much in development, and the promise is there. The engine is way better, inventory is way better, zombies are no longer meth'd out Barry Sanders clones. The downside is the world is still quite empty. The loot tables aren't fleshed out, there are only two rifles in the game for example, no vehicles yet, etc.

I think stand alone will probably be a lot better than the mod, but right now I still think the mod is where it's at.

chaffe[seagreens]
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by chaffe[seagreens] » Sun Jan 26, 2014 5:32 pm

I HATE THIS GAME!!!!! and love it also