BigBiker05
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

DayZ collaboration thread

Post by BigBiker05 » Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:45 am

So basically since several of us are now playing this mod I figured we could get a cumulative thread going. We can post here about where we logged out, what we are doing, videos and info we've been playing, etc.

To start it off, we know Taco posts videos at: http://www.youtube.com/user/MrSagaion?feature=g-u-u

Currently in-game I had a crazy night. Grouped up with another redditor. We worked our way North from the South coast. We went from Electro to Mogilevka. At this point the server had some issues and we lost all our items. We worked our way up to Stary Sobor where we found a small military camp full amazing gear. At this point I am now running flashlight, m16, smoke grenades, compass, hatched, matches, binoculars, backpack. However, we lack military supplies. We kept going north, worked up to about Devil's castle running about 4k blood. Here we waited for awhile int he cold night rain for another redditor to join us. We finally say screw this and switch to a spoof server. We then hunt for game while heading east. By the time we made it to Willow Lake we all had full blood but still no medical supplies. This was all over about 5 hours.

MasterChef
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Re: DayZ collaboration thread

Post by MasterChef » Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:52 am

I keep hearing about this mod. I may have to check it out at some point.

BigBiker05
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by BigBiker05 » Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:21 am

My epic adventure came to an end. Me and my partner went back to stary to find him a new guy and some new toys. As we were going through the tents a guy spawned right in-front of me. Instead of just shooting him right away I asked over teamspeak to my partner if he was in my tent. By that time the guy saw me and lit me up with his ak. I try to get a few bullets into him with my m16 but I die. My partner checks my tent and never saw him. The guy respawns into the game and kills my partner just like I died. We then see him log off again.

So I lost 6 cooked food, 20 slot backpack, m1911, m16, 3 of every medical supply, 6 bandages, 8 bloodpacks. Entrenching tool, compass, binoculars, matches, hatchet, and knife.

Cpt._Keyes
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Cpt._Keyes » Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:36 am

BigBiker05 wrote: Me and my partner went back to stary to find him a new guy and some new toys.
...WHAT kind of game IS THIS?!?!?! :crazyeyes: :crazyeyes: :crazyeyes: :crazyeyes: :crazyeyes: :crazyeyes:
CG6505 CPT Nelson LCDR Wischmeier AST1 Skimin AMT2 Nichols-4SEP08
CG1705 LCDR Barnes LT Bryant AMTC Seidman AET2 Grigonis AET2 Beacham AMT2 Moletzsky AMT3 Kreder-29OCT09
CG6017 LT Krueger AMT1 Hoke AMT2 Banks-07JUL10
CG6535 LCDR Taylor LTjg Cameron ASTC Jorge AET3 Knight-29FEB12
WPB87340-2 BMC Terrell Horne-2Dec12
WMSL751 BM3 Obendorf-18DEC13

Tungsten
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Tungsten » Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:06 am

The Arma 2 series is on my "to-install list," I''m willing to give it a shot!

@Keyes, it's a zombie mod for Arma 2...so it's like a realistic, open-world zombie game. There are people who use teamwork to survive...as well as people who kill and rob other players to survive. Kotaku and some other places did articles on the mod causing Arma 2 to jump to the best sellers list on Steam. It makes for really good stories too.

Arma 2 on it's own is fun, somewhat demanding, game. Controls can take a while to get used to, but once you get it down, it's a lot of fun.

BETTEH
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by BETTEH » Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:52 am

Tungsten wrote:The Arma 2 series is on my "to-install list," I''m willing to give it a shot!

@Keyes, it's a zombie mod for Arma 2...so it's like a realistic, open-world zombie game. There are people who use teamwork to survive...as well as people who kill and rob other players to survive. Kotaku and some other places did articles on the mod causing Arma 2 to jump to the best sellers list on Steam. It makes for really good stories too.

Arma 2 on it's own is fun, somewhat demanding, game. Controls can take a while to get used to, but once you get it down, it's a lot of fun.

I remember for the summer sale last year you and I bought it and tried to play a game. I think all we wound up doing was crashing some trucks and having a friendly fire fight.
2004 DOD Ville Cup Champs - Hobo Strike Squad
Fanciful Unicorn! 2011 Warpath Cup + Villympics Champs.

Tungsten
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Tungsten » Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:30 pm

BETTEH wrote:
Tungsten wrote:The Arma 2 series is on my "to-install list," I''m willing to give it a shot!

I remember for the summer sale last year you and I bought it and tried to play a game. I think all we wound up doing was crashing some trucks and having a friendly fire fight.
Sounds about right. I remember some friendly fire, then all the AI guys shooting us.

Hopefully the zombie mod will be more...accessible....or, if anything, one of will know how to properly set up a game.

BETTEH
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by BETTEH » Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:45 pm

I didnt buy operation arrowhead, so I would need to drop a 20$ to pick it up and play. I may though...

Cpt._Keyes
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Cpt._Keyes » Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:47 pm

i was referencing the type of story biker was telling...him and his partner out to get new guys and toys
CG6505 CPT Nelson LCDR Wischmeier AST1 Skimin AMT2 Nichols-4SEP08
CG1705 LCDR Barnes LT Bryant AMTC Seidman AET2 Grigonis AET2 Beacham AMT2 Moletzsky AMT3 Kreder-29OCT09
CG6017 LT Krueger AMT1 Hoke AMT2 Banks-07JUL10
CG6535 LCDR Taylor LTjg Cameron ASTC Jorge AET3 Knight-29FEB12
WPB87340-2 BMC Terrell Horne-2Dec12
WMSL751 BM3 Obendorf-18DEC13

BigBiker05
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by BigBiker05 » Thu Jun 07, 2012 4:01 pm

Cpt._Keyes wrote:i was referencing the type of story biker was telling...him and his partner out to get new guys and toys
guns... my bad.

Plas
Server Admin
Server Admin

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Plas » Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:52 pm

Picked up the ARMA II: Combined Operations bundle to give this mod a go.

ShiftyDevil
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by ShiftyDevil » Mon Jun 25, 2012 6:16 pm

I picked this up last weekend, but had no freaking idea what the hell I was doing, and then got janked to death. Figured that was a good place to stop until I played with some people and figured out what the crap I was supposed to be doing.

Soup Nazi
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by Soup Nazi » Sun Jul 01, 2012 9:14 pm

Just got the game, im gonna need a little help to keep myself alive for longer that 2 minutes...
=USV= [BB] [IV] [WARPATH] [USAHB] :TIME: :TOOL:

BETTEH
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by BETTEH » Sun Jul 01, 2012 9:24 pm

We always play on TS3

http://dayzdb.com/map the map

We normally play on US 160, when it gets dark we switch servers to a daylight one to keep playing.

ShiftyDevil
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by ShiftyDevil » Sun Jul 01, 2012 9:49 pm

Now that I know what the hell I'm doing, this mod is enjoyable.

Would be nice to stop getting sniped in the butt though