BigBiker05
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Re: DayZ collaboration thread

Post by BigBiker05 » Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:39 am

ShiftyDevil wrote:Now that I know what the hell I'm doing, this mod is enjoyable.

Would be nice to stop getting sniped in the butt though
ex1cution got sniped in the head yesterday while he was proned. I was crouched alt tabbed right next to him. Betteh got revenge on the sniper while I danced in the open dodging bullets.

Soup Nazi
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by Soup Nazi » Mon Jul 02, 2012 6:35 pm

When do you guys play? I never see you guys.
=USV= [BB] [IV] [WARPATH] [USAHB] :TIME: :TOOL:

BigBiker05
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by BigBiker05 » Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:24 pm

Soup Nazi wrote:When do you guys play? I never see you guys.
I've been on since 10am.

Soup Nazi
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by Soup Nazi » Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:14 pm

Tried hailing you a few times tonight, but not successfully...

BigBiker05
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by BigBiker05 » Tue Jul 03, 2012 4:48 am

Just come into whatever channel I am and start yelling. I'm usually in multiple TS3 channels or also in mumble or vent so I sometimes don't hear people right away.

Soup Nazi
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by Soup Nazi » Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:58 am

Few Questions:

Can I use my axe as a weapon without dropping my rifle? I only have 4 rounds currently and want to save it for serious threats

Do I need a larger pack to carry 2 weapons? I found a rifle and a xbow, went with rifle but it felt bad leaving the bow behind.

BigBiker05
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by BigBiker05 » Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:29 pm

I have a tractor hidden so we can start a base again and store gear. Contact me on TS for the cords.

BETTEH
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by BETTEH » Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:11 pm

Soup Nazi wrote:Few Questions:

Can I use my axe as a weapon without dropping my rifle? I only have 4 rounds currently and want to save it for serious threats

Do I need a larger pack to carry 2 weapons? I found a rifle and a xbow, went with rifle but it felt bad leaving the bow behind.
You have to drop your weapon or put it in your backpack to use the hatchet as a weapon. I know that it is tempting to take everything you find, they still have to yell at me to leave weapons and ammo behind but I want to take everything ;_; You will come to find that the areas we play, weapons are abundant, ammo is usually not an issue. Xbow is silent, but you wont find a ton of ammo for it. The DayZ wiki has a lot of good information regarding weapons and rarity. When you find weapons look up the damage and the noise it makes. Those are two massive factors when it comes to the guns. With the Alice pack you can swing running two primary weapons. I have a Rifle for Close to Medium range and a Sniper rifle in my backpack for long range. It takes a little to get used to knowing the hot spots, and where good loot spawns. Unfortuantely I am not night shift so I have to work tonight and tomorrow I may be oot and aboot but I will be on Thursday if you haven't caught up to anyone yet and give you some help.
2004 DOD Ville Cup Champs - Hobo Strike Squad
Fanciful Unicorn! 2011 Warpath Cup + Villympics Champs.

BigBiker05
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by BigBiker05 » Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:00 pm

Well guys, I have a base setup as well as a tractor with spare meds, ammo, weapons. I also have an ATV to run and pick people up. I need engine parts, med supplies, and will also take any other repair items.

Soup Nazi
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by Soup Nazi » Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:09 pm

Sounds good! Since I seem to be the greenest and the most likely to die, I'll run the hotspots and get the gear you need. Maybe we can find a pick-up/drop off point closer to the cost?

BigBiker05
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by BigBiker05 » Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:42 pm

So I've been busy finding camps and such. Screenshot below shows what we have so far. Two players from HCfactions know where our base is and I have given them permission to use the dirtbikes to pick up members and search for other camps. Last night the server did get hacked, it was reset this morning. I also have a tractor hidden not in the screenshot that I am story the majority of our gear in incase our camp gets found.

Cpt._Keyes
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Cpt._Keyes » Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:51 pm

i might need to get all up in on this
CG6505 CPT Nelson LCDR Wischmeier AST1 Skimin AMT2 Nichols-4SEP08
CG1705 LCDR Barnes LT Bryant AMTC Seidman AET2 Grigonis AET2 Beacham AMT2 Moletzsky AMT3 Kreder-29OCT09
CG6017 LT Krueger AMT1 Hoke AMT2 Banks-07JUL10
CG6535 LCDR Taylor LTjg Cameron ASTC Jorge AET3 Knight-29FEB12
WPB87340-2 BMC Terrell Horne-2Dec12
WMSL751 BM3 Obendorf-18DEC13

Soup Nazi
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by Soup Nazi » Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:22 am

I was bored, wrote a story about Shifty and I's misadventures yesterday.
VIEW CONTENT:
Ladies and Gentlemen, I present the first of a series of accounts of the life and (many) deaths of the Soup Nazi. These are true accounts presented for your reading pleasure.

"My First True Fight"

Upon spawning in, I found myself in Novy Sobor, thinking to myself "Wow... I didn't know you could spawn somewhere this far from the coast." Mistake or not, I did not question my gift again. After checking most of the buildings in town, I ended up with a shotgun (better than this axe, I thought to myself) and a Makarov with plenty of ammo. That, along with a compass, watch, knife, 3 canteens and other assorted loot made me incredibly happy. I had even confronted multiple groups of zombies and survived. For a week-old player I was quite pleased.

Then, as I was checking the southern edge of the town, I noticed a plume of smoke rising from a field, beyond the crest of a hill. I had no idea what is was, but soon caught a glimpse of my first helicopter crash site. I quickly stymied my enthusiasm, remembering the Cherno bean wars of my past lives. 

I hesitated. Waited, hiding in the bushes, looking. For a sign, a hint of movement, a shot singing towards me. 

But there was nothing. Despite every bit of me saying "No, don't go, it can't be safe," I ran out in the open towards the burning wreck. Avoiding the Zeds, I pick up a beautiful M14 EP1 and 80 rounds of ammo. Finding the beauty, I still thought it could be a trap, so I high-tail it out of there, towards the foliage of a ditch near the southern edge of the clearing. Before I leave the wreck, I notice a Bizon SD but leave it, thinking that with it's one clip, it can't be as useful as my rifle.

Hiding in the brush to the south-west,  I keep a bead on the wreck and it's remaining cargo, and alert a buddy on its position. He informs me on the rarity of the gun i left behind, and says he's on his way so we can pick it up. 

As he travels to me, I travel under cover to a more advantageous position to the east, and wait for his arrival. But before he reaches me, I notice a swarm of zombies going crazy in the field. It's another scavenger! He doesn't have much, but as I see the swarm encircle him, he lays down and logs out. Ten seconds later, with all the zombies gone, he's back in the game and running. 

Originally I had thought that maybe I'd let him take the loot from the site. I already had my pick over it, and no need to protect the excess if someone was in need. But after seeing this obvious DC-ing cheater, I knew he must die. 

*Pop* *Pop* My shots fly over his head, and my target doubles his speed. I risk another, and he takes a dive, now covered by the slight crest of a hill. 

My heart is racing, as this is the first time I've engaged a player, and furthermore the first time I've seen an enemy before I myself have died. My friend Shifty says perhaps I should wait for him. But I decide to go see what has become of my target. The last I saw of the target, he looked to be in the brush near my first position to the southwest.

To give an idea of the engagement, we have the town, south of that a barn, the field with the chopper, a low ditch (perhaps a dry stream) filled with foliage, then another empty area which inclines up a hill to a tree line 500m south from the ditch.

Anyways, I had begun to sneak through the ditch towards my enemy, hoping to perhaps catch him wounded by my poor shooting. I thought of calling out to him, but realized there was no point in discussion - this would only end with one of us dead.

I step out of cover for a second to get a view down the line, and am greeted to a volley of 3-4 rounds, sounding like an AK (but had no idea from where). Luckily, he was as bad a shot as I, while I retreated back through the brush to my position east of the field.

By now, I was frantically talking to my friend, who was trying to get an ID on my foe from a barn NE of the field. But he saw nothing, and I decided that I had to make a move now. 

I flanked the hot zone, heading farther south and then hooking back west up behind the tree line south of the ditch. But I was not the only one with this idea. 300m in front of me, a man was lying prone close to the edge of the forest facing the field. I only saw him as he was repositioning for a better view down the hill. 

This is when I started smiling like a ridiculous mad-man. I am not the kind of guy who would enjoy being a bandit, but this was something else. A gentlemanly engagement over the contents of a chopper, and my efforts to keep them from the hands of (what I consider) a cheater.

I thoroughly enjoyed hunting my prey, getting closer and closer until I was hiding not 100m away, while he takes pot shots at my friend, who I instructed to make a run for the ditch. I notice a second man, seemingly appearing from nowhere, standing next to my prey. I did not concern myself with him yet, and steadied my hand.

One shot in the back of the prone man, then I turn and spot the second, who has me in his sights from behind a tree. I quickly lose about 4 rounds his way and he fires his shotgun. We both go down.

As I lie there bleeding out, I begun to laugh, seeing that both have been confirmed dead. In the eyes of a man who has seemingly never missed a chance to be shot in the head, I was exceedingly pleased with myself as the world passed to darkness.

(Like it? I got more to tell.)
Also Here But r/dayz doesn't seem to have the same enthusiasm for stories that r/dwarffortress does.

Soup Nazi
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by Soup Nazi » Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:27 pm

So Betteh, Taco, and I finally found the freaken base. Only took us 2 hours, thanks to incredibly vague directions. Anywas, I got coords and can draw up a map for those who havnt been there yet.

I'm thinking of doing a raid on the airfield at first light tomorrow (in-game time) if anyone joins me.

Edit: Looks like we need to move camp... Goodbye off-map base

BigBiker05
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by BigBiker05 » Fri Jul 06, 2012 1:24 am

Don't post any maps or cords on this website.