BigBiker05
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Re: DayZ collaboration thread

Post by BigBiker05 » Fri Jul 06, 2012 5:00 pm

Well, I'm getting really sick of all the bugs and hackers. After finally making it back NW and getting the bike back to base, I get to base and the inventory cleared on both the off-roaders, losing all kinds of gear. I'm about to youtube a video blowing up all the video then calling the game quit until they can offer a stable and secure client.

ShiftyDevil
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by ShiftyDevil » Fri Jul 06, 2012 5:21 pm

So I've come to the conclusion that the only safe way to play this game is with 3+ people, and, with plenty of time.

Died earlier when Soup and I were playing and didn't have enough time to attempt to get my body back. I had a Kobra and like 10 clips for it :(

BigBiker05
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by BigBiker05 » Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:15 am

ShiftyDevil wrote:So I've come to the conclusion that the only safe way to play this game is with 3+ people, and, with plenty of time.

Died earlier when Soup and I were playing and didn't have enough time to attempt to get my body back. I had a Kobra and like 10 clips for it :(
Kobras are super easy to get, clips a little more difficult. I'm pissed about all the stuff the hive lost.

EDIT: Not pissed, let down. I understand this is an Alpha, and really, Dayz may never be released for Arma2. But they are making so much money on it right now and the players are getting their asses kicked my hackers. There was a really good article written by a redditor about why it is so easy to hack this game however, I can not find it right now.
Anyways, I'm going to wait for maybe a few more builds to play again. Some of you may not know, but rocket is currently relocating and this is why we've been stuck on this build for so long.

I see great potential int his mod and I will be filling my time trying out Arma II.

Soup Nazi
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by Soup Nazi » Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:55 am

This is what happens when a game gets popular, you get all the cheaters and hackers attracted to it. But rocket actually stated this a bunch of times already. He can't do much about the cheaters at this stage, and as far as the Über-camping 13-yr olds:

"You realize how hard it is to get in game? These guys WANT to play. They have a flip plan. They have a strategy. They have strategy. And they aren't here posting about it.

You call them "COD kiddies" and "deathmatch" but the fact is, they operate under the same rules and restrictions as you guys and if anything, they have MORE to loose than you. When you spawn you have everything you need to survive, but you can't PK too easy.

What I see, when I look at the data, is that some of the PK guys are flip organized. They know exactly what they are doing.

Have you guys ever read the book "the Stand" by Stephen King? If not, then go flip read it right now. And then I can tell you that that poop, in that book, is happening right now. The bad guys are doing way flip better at this game than the good guys. Because the good guys keep coming on the forums to post how the bad guys win.

Why do we regard heroes so highly? Why do we praise people for doing the right thing? Because it is flip hard, because it easier to be a dickhead.

I think maybe you guys are too used to "balance" and the game simply supporting your choice to play in a certain way."
=USV= [BB] [IV] [WARPATH] [USAHB] :TIME: :TOOL:

Boss Llama
Site Admin
Site Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Boss Llama » Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:54 am

Basically what I see him saying there is "People are griefers, I don't feel like doing anything about it, so I don't want to hear you complain about the fact that the game isn't fun."

Yeah, that about sums it up. It's also why I didn't join in. It's seems that he thinks he's creating a real-life simulator, but he's forgetting the part where in real life, people would all start at the same time, in unpredictable places, with better communications, and a hell of a lot more to lose for being an idiot.

Is it easier to be a dickhead? Yes, of course, but it's much easier when your victims are required to start helpless and in a predictable location over and over again while you rain death upon them. He says you start with everything you need to survive, except for the part where you're under fire from snipers, being attacked by zombies, and since the last patch, can't even fight back in any way. At least that's what I understand.
-Boss Llama

BigBiker05
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by BigBiker05 » Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:56 am

It's not nearly that bad guys, come on. Soup, you've barely even played the game yet, you haven't seen the meta game, you haven't been on a good loot run yet. I've had characters last for a week, and we're talking 4+ hour play days. What is bad, is when you're playing and oh, looks like a hacker just used a script to kill everyone on the server.

The in-game use of the mic is also very important, if you guys aren't using it, your life span is much shorter. The ability to negotiate with someone before a fire-fight can easily spare both of your lives.

Larry
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by Larry » Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:51 pm

Hmm, this seems like a super fun game and all, but how do i go about aquiring this, Do i just get Arma and then the mod. Oh and from what i've been reading, It does sound a lot like The Stand by Stephen King
Thanks to Seagreens for the spiffy banner!
VIEW CONTENT:
RIP Mr. Laptop 5/21/13
USAHB-Team Hand Brake 2012 Villy-Stuff
#HL3 TVC '13
FAIL Warpath Cup 2012-Proud to FAIL
Heck's Kitchen 2011

BigBiker05
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by BigBiker05 » Sat Jul 07, 2012 2:03 pm

6Larry9 wrote:Hmm, this seems like a super fun game and all, but how do i go about aquiring this, Do i just get Arma and then the mod. Oh and from what i've been reading, It does sound a lot like The Stand by Stephen King
Larry: http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=2421

For others:

Larry
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by Larry » Sat Jul 07, 2012 2:43 pm

Under the requirements, it says i need "Balls". Where can i buy these?
Thanks to Seagreens for the spiffy banner!
VIEW CONTENT:
RIP Mr. Laptop 5/21/13
USAHB-Team Hand Brake 2012 Villy-Stuff
#HL3 TVC '13
FAIL Warpath Cup 2012-Proud to FAIL
Heck's Kitchen 2011

BigBiker05
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by BigBiker05 » Sat Jul 07, 2012 3:00 pm

6Larry9 wrote:Under the requirements, it says i need "Balls". Where can i buy these?
You might be able to find them at the Mann co. store. I'm not one for cross-overs but I don't see a better place.

http://www.teamfortress.com/mannconomy/

BigBiker05
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by BigBiker05 » Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:37 pm

With the release of 1.7.2 we need to find a new home server. Highlife is shutting down the box due to the high attention dayz currently requires (with all the hackers and such). He is working on his minez mod and doesn't have time to give the quality attention a server deserves.

If anyone has any suggestions to a server with active admin supervision shout it out!

BigBiker05
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by BigBiker05 » Mon Jul 16, 2012 2:47 pm