Weapons

E.T. EddieTorrez
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Weapons

Post by E.T. EddieTorrez » Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:14 am

What have you all been using? After I stopped playing MAA my kills increased substantially, specifically while playing vanguard with a spear. So long as I play a little standoffish I seem to do fine as long as most of my enemies come straight at me. If a duel becomes long though it always seems to end with someone else flanking and taking me head. Also very few team kills compared to the pole arm.
[size=100][b][color=red]Hell hath no fury like a woman's scorn for Sega[/color][/b][/size]

Zork Nemesis
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Re: Weapons

Post by Zork Nemesis » Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:29 am

Trying to cycle weapons to unlock more, but my preferences:

Archer: None really, I'm a crappy shot, though I think I prefer the standard crossbow at this point.
M-A-A: Morningstar is my most commonly used, but I don't have a preference and occasionally use the Waraxe or just punch people.
Vanguard: Zweihander
Knight: Haven't decided yet, though I've killed more with the Maul than anything.

I can't get a grip on the spears; I've unlocked the fork, but really can't get my timing down to be effective with it or the base spear. Plus when you get the Halberd in the polearms tree, you often don't go back, cause that thing rocks.

This is hard to be cool and suave while being informative at the same time. Goddamn my coolness.
In my experience, common sense isn't too common.

darklin0
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by darklin0 » Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:46 am

Love the the spears, best weapon ever. Until someone with a hammer suddenly whacks you in the back of your head.

Zork, I find distance and good judgement on which attack to use work perfectly. I usually try to time my attacks right before an enemy attack or right afterwards, mostly stabs or overhead attacks. The swing I mostly use for crowd control.
Queen of the We Hate Mateo Club. Co-Captain: Zookie
[NOS] // <CDi>
[USAHB] // (GOD)
CCCP

BigBiker05
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by BigBiker05 » Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:31 pm

I love spears in anygame however I don't think they're all that great in this game.

I think my survivalbility is highest with Vanguard using a spear, the first or last. The first has extreme range and I can poke people without them ever getting a hit on me. The last has extreme damage at slightly less range.

However, all two hands seem to be pretty awesome to me, though, the speed with vanguard makes me take them over knights.

I suck at landing hits with most one-hand and the dodge with MAA seems too slow for me to get around people, unless my opponent is a MAA . ) With archer I think the bow really sucks. At first I thought it had to be better than x-bow due to the speed and sight bonus. However, the damage and speed of a bolt is way better. However, the last x-bow unlock is the only one I would ever use. The javelin is also pretty cool and I would use it again just for fun.

I hate shields. I suck at shields. Why are shields so crappy. I'm able to block giant hammers with a dagger but I can't block daggers with a shield. I will never use shields unless I have a choice.

However, shields on back keeps friendly archers from TKing me.

Tungsten
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Tungsten » Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:09 pm

Javelins mostly. I'll occasionally play Man-at-Arms with the mace to bonk a few a knights and vanguards, but mostly it's trying to get javelin kills.

Also, I have trouble with shields because it covers so much of my screen that I can't see where the enemy strikes are going to hit.

BigBiker05
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by BigBiker05 » Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:34 pm

Tungsten wrote:Javelins mostly. I'll occasionally play Man-at-Arms with the mace to bonk a few a knights and vanguards, but mostly it's trying to get javelin kills.

Also, I have trouble with shields because it covers so much of my screen that I can't see where the enemy strikes are going to hit.
Using third person helps me keep track of MAAs, however, I feel first person really helps me with aiming attack and blocks. I've been trying to get better with third person though. As far as being flanked while in combat I can usually hear an incoming player. But getting in a spinning melee with a good MAA, I'll lose where they are at.

abiscuit
Server Admin
Server Admin
Blizzard tag: altabiscuit#1164

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by abiscuit » Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:56 pm

Knight: Maul, Holy Water Sprinkler, Throwing Axe or Warhammer + Tower Shield if against a lot of archers
Vanguard: FALCON PUNCH or Spear
MAA: War Axe, Dagger, Oil Pot or Shield if against a lot of archers
Archer: Crossbow, Dagger, Shield

The Maul is my favorite weapon because I can one shot archers and MAA, though against people who can parry it's not so easy.

NerevarineKing
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by NerevarineKing » Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:23 pm

I've been playing vanguard mostly and cycling between weapons to unlock more.
Warpath Cup '12- [ICU] Inner Children Unleashed (Champions!)
Villympics '12- [USAHB] USA Handbrake
The Ville Cup '12- [SOLTAN] Solis Tanquam
Warpath Loves Dustbowl '13- \SOBAD/
The Ville Cup '14- GCI| Guild of Calamitous Intent

Earthworm James
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Earthworm James » Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:50 pm

NerevarineKing wrote:I've been playing vanguard mostly and cycling between weapons to unlock more.
Same, though split time between Archer too.

abiscuit
Server Admin
Server Admin
Blizzard tag: altabiscuit#1164

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by abiscuit » Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:18 am

I've been using the Falchion more since I've unlocked it for Man At Arms. It doesn't have the range of the Broadsword but the damage on the Falchion is absurd and it's fast. I've been using it as a secondary for Knight too in tandem with the Maul.