Chivalry: Medieval Warfare

E.T. EddieTorrez
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Re: Chivalry: Medieval Warfare

Post by E.T. EddieTorrez » Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:10 pm

Never played a whole lot of online warband so I cannot say for certain but there is no cavalry and I think ranged combat is more difficult.
[size=100][b][color=red]Hell hath no fury like a woman's scorn for Sega[/color][/b][/size]

BigBiker05
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by BigBiker05 » Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:25 pm

The Domer wrote:How similar is this to Mount and Blade's multiplayer modes?
Not similar at all to mount and blade multiplayer. The combat is less difficult but being much newer than mount and blade the game is much cleaner and polished. In chivalry you have three types of swings/attacks, a three weapon load out (similar to M&B), and then 4 classes.

To get to the point, if I were to compare War of Roses and Chivalry to Mount and Blade. War of Roses would be like Call of Duty. Immature player base, simply game modes, and complete grind to unlock more powerful stuff. Chivalry would be more like Team Fortress. Multiple game modes (FFA, TDM, KOTH, Payload and more), all unlocks are intended to be side grades.

Zork Nemesis
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Zork Nemesis » Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:36 pm

This game's got some really odd bugs. Today I witnessed a ballista with it's Man at Arms sliding through the air about 20 feet off the ground in that level where the Masons pillage a village and kill the king. I think the guy using it lost connection but as far as I noticed, the ballista never returned to it's position.

This is hard to be cool and suave while being informative at the same time. Goddamn my coolness.
In my experience, common sense isn't too common.

Tungsten
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Tungsten » Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:50 pm

BigBiker05 wrote:
The Domer wrote:How similar is this to Mount and Blade's multiplayer modes?
Not similar at all to mount and blade multiplayer. The combat is less difficult but being much newer than mount and blade the game is much cleaner and polished. In chivalry you have three types of swings/attacks, a three weapon load out (similar to M&B), and then 4 classes.

To get to the point, if I were to compare War of Roses and Chivalry to Mount and Blade. War of Roses would be like Call of Duty. Immature player base, simply game modes, and complete grind to unlock more powerful stuff. Chivalry would be more like Team Fortress. Multiple game modes (FFA, TDM, KOTH, Payload and more), all unlocks are intended to be side grades.
Pretty much.

War of the Roses had some cool stuff (possibly the coolest crossbows) and some cool customization...but it was really unbalanced and most of the playerbase...it was hard to find good things to say about them.