NerevarineKing
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Re: Your server sucks.

Post by NerevarineKing » Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:21 pm

Zork Nemesis wrote:tc_hydro 24/7, make it happen!
Warpath Cup '12- [ICU] Inner Children Unleashed (Champions!)
Villympics '12- [USAHB] USA Handbrake
The Ville Cup '12- [SOLTAN] Solis Tanquam
Warpath Loves Dustbowl '13- \SOBAD/
The Ville Cup '14- GCI| Guild of Calamitous Intent

Uber!
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Uber! » Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:51 pm

24/7 Hightower! :D
Weep not for roads untraveled
Weep not for sights unseen
May your love never end
And if you need a friend
There's a seat here alongside me

InBOUND HD
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by InBOUND HD » Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:58 pm

Why not a mvm server?

Bronze Fox
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Bronze Fox » Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:59 pm

24/7 Arena

X.O.Skeleton
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by X.O.Skeleton » Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:53 am

You guys chose a date and a time and I shall try to wake up for it.
Crafted by Betteh

BigBiker05
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by BigBiker05 » Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:15 am

There are several problems with NS2 (NS in regards to gameplay).

These may be opinionated so don't troll me like I think the original poster might be. Who makes a forum account for a community they're blacklisting?

Anyways, NS2 needs a lot of team work and really can be ruined by one player. Just doesn't work too well on public servers on that level. Then you have the idea that the game can continue another 5-20 minutes after a pretty sure victory is in motion. Now I believe there is a surender option in game that triggers about this time, but once again, you have voting in the hands of players.

Other notes, I think it is funny the original poster called TF2 a cheap f2p game and thats the only reason the servers get played. Like it was mentioned theville been around 10 years and most of that TFC and TF2 was not free. I've barely played the game since it went free.

ADevilishPotato
Server Ops
Server Ops

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by ADevilishPotato » Wed Dec 04, 2013 4:19 pm

BigBiker05 wrote:
These may be opinionated so don't troll me like I think the original poster might be. Who makes a forum account for a community they're blacklisting?
I know, right :lol:
BigBiker05 wrote:Anyways, NS2 needs a lot of team work and really can be ruined by one player. Just doesn't work too well on public servers on that level. Then you have the idea that the game can continue another 5-20 minutes after a pretty sure victory is in motion. Now I believe there is a surender option in game that triggers about this time, but once again, you have voting in the hands of players.
true and true, but I think having several villuns (or ANY villuns) on would help immensely. The same could be said for tf2 (albeit it is much harder to completely screw everything up for everyone on a team), but if there are vocal folks that aren't throwing obscenities at the commander or whoever (i.e. being helpful), the issues tend to work themselves out.

My thoughts on it are that a lot of people got it before the big update that they had like 6 months ago when it was still a tad...shaky...and never got back into it when they fixed many of the gameplay/admin command issues. Due to this, many of the folks who own the game (which appears to be a fair amount according to my steam's "friends who own this game") don't play it much leaving the server to be filled with only pubbers that aren't policed (except by stevo on occasion :P ). So at this point I almost feel like a vote should be called to see who actually is still interested in playing this game. And if it is in fact still a bunch, I feel like we should all try to do a better job of seeding it/popping into the server more often like so many folks do with the TF2 servers.

My $0.02.
WARPATH Cup '12- [WARPATH] We are running past all the heavies
The Ville Cup '12- (DYD) Dirty Dan's Double D's
Dust Bowl loves Warpath '13- (CD-i) Chokepoints and Demomen- international (Champions!)
The Ville Cup '13- [T^5] Tuber's Truly Terrifying Tator Tots
The Ville Cup '14- GCI_ Guild of Calamitous Intent

cam
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by cam » Wed Dec 04, 2013 7:47 pm

BigBiker05 wrote:These may be opinionated so don't troll me like I think the original poster might be. Who makes a forum account for a community they're blacklisting?
To be fair, he didn't say he was blacklisting us in his first post. I think he was genuinely trying to let us know we had a problem on the NS2 servers. He/she seemed to get pretty defensive pretty quick though.

While I can't truely speak for the NS2 community, I'm subscribed to the NS2 subreddit and read threads on there pretty regularly. The NS2 community is pretty small but they take NS2 much more serious than the TF2 community takes TF2.

The dude was a little brash but I think the conversation could have gone better than it did. From the outside looking in, it looks like we ganged up on this guy pretty hardcore.

YoullNeverWalkAlone
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by YoullNeverWalkAlone » Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:22 pm

I don't know mummy, the responses he/she got were pretty straightforward attempts to be helpful. We tried to give some ideas on ways to get some help. I don't see the ganging up, I do see someone who was pretty upset with a gaming session post a pretty angry thread and decide they didn't really want to hear solutions.
Thanks Sparky for the sig picture!

Walk on, walk on
With hope in your heart
And You'll Never Walk Alone,
You'll Never Walk Alone

The Truth--Justice--Remember the Hillsborough 96

cam
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by cam » Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:49 pm

Don't get me wrong! No one disrespected the guy or told him we didn't want to hear what he had to say (pretty much the opposite of that!) but people did dogpile onto the thread to tell him the same thing repeatedly (contact an admin) and then posted snarky pics after he got huffy and left.

I'm not saying I didn't laugh at the snarky pics but the thread did go off the rails after that. Though maybe there wasn't much thread to be had after that, anyways.

My point was instead of circlejerking about how good our tf2 community is, we should see if there's any weight to his criticisms and determine if we wanted to fix the situation (organize NS2 regular nights) or choose other options (drop the server?).

YoullNeverWalkAlone
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by YoullNeverWalkAlone » Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:21 pm

Yep, which is where I think the thread ended up going.

Granted with some odd choices for a new server....

But some interesting ideas and an offer to try to seed it with villuns more frequently
Thanks Sparky for the sig picture!

Walk on, walk on
With hope in your heart
And You'll Never Walk Alone,
You'll Never Walk Alone

The Truth--Justice--Remember the Hillsborough 96

InBOUND HD
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by InBOUND HD » Thu Dec 05, 2013 12:27 am

Lets all agree that the poor guy was a victim of a troll who took advantage of the situation, since there were no admins at the time. Trust me, a troll that manages to keep on trolling while the players watch and become helpless to that person's mercy is fustrating, especially when there is no immediate solution.

But of course the guy could have been nicer with the way he asked , especially when he started to demand a solution that HE thought was the only way to solve the problem while the adimns tried to tell him that the solution he was offering could not be granted.

psst mvm server?

MrBlah
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by MrBlah » Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:31 am

Zork Nemesis wrote:tc_hydro 24/7, make it happen!
I'd come back and play TF2 if this happened :D
Eater of Potatoes, since 2008.

I am driven by two main philosophies: know more today about the world than I knew yesterday and lessen the suffering of others. You'd be surprised how far that gets you.
― Neil deGrasse Tyson