Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Patch and Nerf Bat

Post by BETTEH » Fri Nov 11, 2011 11:29 am

http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/11/11/battl ... -vehicles/

My guy has glasses on, WHY ARE YOUR LIGHTS SO BRIGHT BRAH?

Also AA nerfs.
2004 DOD Ville Cup Champs - Hobo Strike Squad
Fanciful Unicorn! 2011 Warpath Cup + Villympics Champs.

Clay Pigeon
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Re: Patch and Nerf Bat

Post by Clay Pigeon » Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:35 pm

AA vehicles aren't OP unless you fly right into them though. I mean if you're flying right next to an obstacle they can push you into it, but c'mon, physics is a harsh mistress.
"No dictator, no invader can hold an imprisoned population by force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power tyrants and dictators cannot stand." - The prophet G'Kar

frostdillicus
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by frostdillicus » Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:40 pm

You wouldn't say that if you flew choppers regularly. They can tag you from across the map and then all of a sudden you are having to flail your mouse around wildly just to maintain level flight. I don't really care about the damage they do. It's not like you can actually kill a tank in one. What bothers me more is the fact that you take one or two bullets from one and your chopper decides it will be a good time to roll directly into the ground.

Cpt._Keyes
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Cpt._Keyes » Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:48 pm

frostdillicus wrote:You wouldn't say that if you flew choppers regularly. They can tag you from across the map and then all of a sudden you are having to flail your mouse around wildly just to maintain level flight. I don't really care about the damage they do. It's not like you can actually kill a tank in one. What bothers me more is the fact that you take one or two bullets from one and your chopper decides it will be a good time to roll directly into the ground.
yeah i hardly get killed by AA...its the suicide that kills me...since it rolls me and i suicide from the crash...i hope while they are at it, they fix the super anti helo weapon airplanes have....crashing into you
CG6505 CPT Nelson LCDR Wischmeier AST1 Skimin AMT2 Nichols-4SEP08
CG1705 LCDR Barnes LT Bryant AMTC Seidman AET2 Grigonis AET2 Beacham AMT2 Moletzsky AMT3 Kreder-29OCT09
CG6017 LT Krueger AMT1 Hoke AMT2 Banks-07JUL10
CG6535 LCDR Taylor LTjg Cameron ASTC Jorge AET3 Knight-29FEB12
WPB87340-2 BMC Terrell Horne-2Dec12
WMSL751 BM3 Obendorf-18DEC13

frostdillicus
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by frostdillicus » Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:59 pm

If two objects moving at the speed of flight crash into each other, neither should survive. This includes helo/helo collisions and helo/airplane collisions. As it stands now, in a helo/helo collision, both pilots just go about their merry way. In helo/jet, the helo gets annihilated and the jet just flies away. Jet/Jet is the only one that ends badly for all involved.

Edit: Regarding the AA. You honestly lose LESS control of the choppers from getting hit by Stingers than you do the stupid AA vehicle. How ridiculous is that. Stinger hits me, I can recover, land, repair, get back in the air. AA gun hits me, nose dive straight into the ground with no chance of recovery.

Cpt._Keyes
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Cpt._Keyes » Fri Nov 11, 2011 3:56 pm

I can vouch in unfortunate real personal experience that airplanes colliding into AH-1's do not end well for either party http://cgblog.org/wp-content/uploads/20 ... 05_FAM.pdf
CG6505 CPT Nelson LCDR Wischmeier AST1 Skimin AMT2 Nichols-4SEP08
CG1705 LCDR Barnes LT Bryant AMTC Seidman AET2 Grigonis AET2 Beacham AMT2 Moletzsky AMT3 Kreder-29OCT09
CG6017 LT Krueger AMT1 Hoke AMT2 Banks-07JUL10
CG6535 LCDR Taylor LTjg Cameron ASTC Jorge AET3 Knight-29FEB12
WPB87340-2 BMC Terrell Horne-2Dec12
WMSL751 BM3 Obendorf-18DEC13

frostdillicus
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by frostdillicus » Fri Nov 11, 2011 5:42 pm

Cpt._Keyes wrote:I can vouch in unfortunate real personal experience that airplanes colliding into AH-1's do not end well for either party http://cgblog.org/wp-content/uploads/20 ... 05_FAM.pdf
:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

Jesus_Faction
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Jesus_Faction » Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:14 pm

stingers are pretty bad already...

Jokes
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Loading…

Post by Jokes » Fri Nov 18, 2011 5:59 pm

I can't speak too much about an aa nerf or adjustment since I don't pilot very often. As for the flaslight, Ill have to wait and see. I hope the intesity doesn't change. Those flashlights really are every bit as blinding as the game has them, even in daylight(actually more so since you're vision would he screwed after looking directly into one of them, but that would make for an unbalanced attachment). Toning down the effective range like the article suggests I do agree with however.
aka [Bats]