Comprehensive Battlefield Bad Company 2 Post

Discussing the Battlefield family of games
Grapedrink
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Re: Comprehensive Battlefield Bad Company 2 Post

Post by Grapedrink » Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:48 am

395 marksman headshot is my highest, it was on isla inocentes. And to adjust for the bullet drop hold down your fire button after you fire and you'll stay scoped in and can see the impact to know where you need to aim, the head gets bigger and bigger the further out you are though, so it gets easier to hit the head the further out you are so it should really only take 1 shot to adjust at super long distances and then headshot
[img]http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g190/johnnyalpha/3b-z.jpg[/img]
[img]http://boff.clanservers.com/stuff/moobs_grapedrink.gif[/img]

TheCarpe
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by TheCarpe » Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:24 am

Huuuuge update just landed in the middle of the night.

Updates to Battlefield: Bad Company 2 have been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. The major changes include:

Client R7 changelist.
MP - New Server browser
MP - Added 15 second spawn timer for Conquest/Rush gamemodes at the start of round to prevent high end machines getting the upper hand before other machines load in.
MP - Crash fixes relating to ALT+TAB at different times throughout the game
MP - Hang fix when trying to connect to a full server multiple times
MP - Deletion of soldiers now possible through the account pages in game
MP - Removed screen flash during loading
MP - Added support for colour blind players
MP - Fixed crashes relating to faulty server banners
MP - Servers closing during connection no longer cause the client to hang
MP - Auto team swap reflects correctly in the scoreboard
MP - Fixed scoreboards when switching teams before spawning
MP - Rush scoreboards fixed
MP - Veteran ranks no longer display as "12"
MP - Isla Innocentes MCOM building fixed where knifing the fence would destroy the building
MP - Logout/Login button correctly reflects the player status
MP - Added minimum number of players needed to start a round (you can still start playing and take objectives but you won't get any score until 4 or more players join the server)
MP - Isla Inocentes welcome message on the loading screen now fits the text box area
MP - Reduced the brightness in Russian vehicles
MP - Medic gadgets now display correctly if the defib is not unlocked
MP - Server filter options are remembered
MP - Punkbuster filter now works as intended
MP - Scroll bar no longer overlays the Join Server button in the friends list panel
MP - CANCEL server refresh is implemented
MP - Zooming in on a friendly using the SAIGA no longer causes the crosshair to disappear
MP - The chat no longer displays the incorrect player name when appearing
MP - FoV switches to the default value of 55 when entering vehicles to prevent graphical glitches caused by wider FoV settings. The custom FoV returns when exiting vehicles.
MP - FoV no longer causes the UAV station to rotate
MP - Fix to correctly display the unlock progression at the end of round
MP - Chat functionality will no longer freeze after writing a partial message at the end of round
MP - One account can no longer connect to the same server multiple times
MP - Squad Death Match is correctly named during loading
MP - Server browser no longer gets a bad FPS when filtering Conquest
MP - Server info banners correctly clear between displays
MP - Setting display settings which the system hardware can not handle no longer makes the game unusable
MP - Correct camera collision for vehicles' heavy machine gun
MP - Game no longer crashes if the player sends a message in the loading screen
MP - Trying to join a full server no longer causes the game to hang on Please Wait message
MP - Most server filter options are remembered it doesn't remember the setting in dropdowns
MP - Kit/gadget loadout saved between sessions
MP - Window on static guns is now transparent on DirectX 9 systems
SP - Fixed crashes when patching and trying to resume a campaign (there is now a message that you need to re-play the latest mission from the beginning)
SP - Fixed a crash after the "Upriver" mission end cinematic
SP - Supply create at "Resupply at Flynns create" objective now supplies weapon ammo
SP - Hang fix when reaching the objective "Destroy Enemy Zu23"
SP - Fixed hang after "Storm Cockpit" objective
SP - Changed melee attack raycast to be detailed
SP - Game no longer crashes when transitioning between SP_03B to SP_04A when installed in Polish
SP - Game no longer crashes when killed by the first two enemies in the trenches on SP_01 when installed in Italian
SP - Updating to R7 will invalidate your single player save game. If you update you will need to play your last mission from the start. If you do not update you will not be able to play multiplayer.

Server R10 changelist
Punkbuster is required ON for ranked servers
Ranked servers cannot be started with a password
Autobalance message goes to text-chat instead of in the middle of the screen
Added weapon balance tweaks to a number of weapons – we are eagerly awaiting feedback!
We aren't going to tell you what weapon balance tweaks we have done, we want your unbiased views on the changes before we detail what has changed.
Heck's Kitchen - TVC'08 & '11 ** The Axecutioners - TVC'09 ** Hale's Angels - TVC'10 ** CCCP - TVC'12 ** Ville Cuppin' Cakes - TVC'13 ** TheCarpetbaggers - TVC'14 CHAMPIONS

wyowapiti
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by wyowapiti » Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:56 am

Wow, This seems to address alot of the issues that we have with the game. Hope they work!

BETTEH
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by BETTEH » Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:58 am

http://blogs.battlefield.ea.com/battlef ... any-2.aspx

still waiting on this for series 4

Takes me over a minute to load games.
2004 DOD Ville Cup Champs - Hobo Strike Squad
Fanciful Unicorn! 2011 Warpath Cup + Villympics Champs.

Rits
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by Rits » Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:00 am

[quote="TheCarpe";p="237068"]
Added weapon balance tweaks to a number of weapons – we are eagerly awaiting feedback!
We aren't going to tell you what weapon balance tweaks we have done, we want your unbiased views on the changes before we detail what has changed.
[/quote]

Hmm, so much for not telling us what the weapon tweaks were...

Ch ch ch Changes!
* BY: Demize99
* POSTED: Apr 21, 2010, 07:10AM
* COMMENTS: 90 (Login Required to Comment)

As requested by the community, here is the exhaustive all inclusive changelist of all balance updates made in the R10 Server update for PC.

Increased the base range of all Automatic and Semiautomatic weapons for more consistent close range combat.
Slightly increased the damage of Semiautomatic rifles over long range for more consistent damage output.

Increased the zoomed burst accuracy of LMGs and decreased LMG accuracy when moving to reduce LMG run and gun.
Decreased the base damage of the M60 and XM8 LMGs to bring them in line with the other LMG damage values.
Decreased the damage of the PKM over long range to balance it with other LMGs.
Increased the base damage of the Type88 LMG to balance it with other LMGs.

Slightly reduced the base damage of the M16 and G3 to balance the increased range.
Slightly increased the damage of the AEK971, F2000, AN94, and AUG over long range to balance them with other Assault Rifles.

Reduced the lethal blast range of the 40mm grenade and M2CG to highlight their role as a secondary weapon against infantry.
Slightly Reduced the max range of the 40mm shotgun to balance it with other shotguns.
Slightly increased the base damage of shotgun rounds and reduced their range to clarify ideal shotgun combat distance.

Reduced the base damage of the PP2000 to balance the increased range.
Increased the damage of the 9A91 over long range to balance its lower magazine size.

Increased the damage and range of the M9, M93 pistols to make them more desirable as a secondary weapon.
Increased the range of the MP443 pistol to make it more desirable as a secondary weapon.
Increased the damage of the MP412 over long range to balance its low rate of fire.
Slightly reduced the rate of fire of the M1911 pistol to balance it with other pistols.

Increased the repair and overheat speeds of the Power Tool. Now overheats sooner but repairs the same amount before overheating.
Increased the maximum number of Motion Sensors that can be carried from 2 to 3 and increased the speed which new sensors are acquired from ammo boxes.
Significantly increased the speed of the Tracer Dart projectile to make it more effective against airborne targets.
Increased the reload time of the Mortar Strike and reduced the damage it does to heavily armored vehicles.
Decreased the range of Bolt Action Sniper and Pump Shotgun Slug rounds when using Magnum Ammo for better Kit Balance, especially in Hardcore.
Slightly increased the Health of soldiers in Hardcore for better Kit Balance.

Increased the benefit from the Medkit Heal+ specialization to make it more desirable as a Specialization.
Decreased the benefit from Vehicle Reload Speed to balance it against other Vehicle Specializations.
Slightly decreased the benefit from accuracy specializations to balance the changes to range and accuracy tweaks.

Fixed a bug where the BMD3 would take extra damage to the front armor.
Reduced the explosive damage from Attack Helicopter cannons.
Increased the damage of AA guns against all targets. The AA gun should be much more effective against infantry on Port Valdez.

These changes will eventually make their way to the 360 and PS3 as we work with our partners Microsoft and Sony to continue to support BFBC2 on all platforms.

With <3, Demize99.

Also, "MP - Reduced the brightness in Russian vehicles " <---YES!! Slip and I were having attack heli wars on Atacama Desert and I went from the Apache to the Mi-28. Huge difference in ability to see in the Russian heli because it was so stinkin' bright. This makes me happy :)
Last edited by Rits on Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

MrBlah
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by MrBlah » Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:02 am

I approve of this update. Took them long enough.
Eater of Potatoes, since 2008.

I am driven by two main philosophies: know more today about the world than I knew yesterday and lessen the suffering of others. You'd be surprised how far that gets you.
― Neil deGrasse Tyson

TheCarpe
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by TheCarpe » Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:03 am

Significantly increased the speed of the Tracer Dart projectile to make it more effective against airborne targets.

Best keep moving in those helo's now, Keyes :icon_ultragrin:
Heck's Kitchen - TVC'08 & '11 ** The Axecutioners - TVC'09 ** Hale's Angels - TVC'10 ** CCCP - TVC'12 ** Ville Cuppin' Cakes - TVC'13 ** TheCarpetbaggers - TVC'14 CHAMPIONS

Cpt._Keyes
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Cpt._Keyes » Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:59 am

gah if they make it easier to trace aircraft should make it easier to break the missile lock
CG6505 CPT Nelson LCDR Wischmeier AST1 Skimin AMT2 Nichols-4SEP08
CG1705 LCDR Barnes LT Bryant AMTC Seidman AET2 Grigonis AET2 Beacham AMT2 Moletzsky AMT3 Kreder-29OCT09
CG6017 LT Krueger AMT1 Hoke AMT2 Banks-07JUL10
CG6535 LCDR Taylor LTjg Cameron ASTC Jorge AET3 Knight-29FEB12
WPB87340-2 BMC Terrell Horne-2Dec12
WMSL751 BM3 Obendorf-18DEC13

Rohan
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by Rohan » Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:57 pm

the 15 seconds before spawning after having waited however many seconds to click ready is annoying, says it's just for the beginning of the round for high end machines to wait for slower people but really it makes everyone wait so it's just a delay of the game, and it's not just after the 1st load in, it's after every death you have to wait
Ville Cup 07 DoD 1.3 Finalist ={KPS}=
Ville Cup 07 DoD:S Team *S|E*
Ville Cup 06 DoD 1.3 Finalist =(M)-(M)=

gator
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by gator » Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:29 pm

[quote="TheCarpe";p="237068"]
MP - CANCEL server refresh is implemented
MP - The chat no longer displays the incorrect player name when appearing
[/quote]

I almost wonder if they even had a QA team doing testing on the game. Those are items that simple unit testing by them should have captured.

bullet4o1
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by bullet4o1 » Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:22 pm

Yeah no kidding. A lot of these fixes should have been done before with QA finding them. Oh well... at least they are fixed now. I got so annoyed when it wouldn't save my loadout.
Intel I7 860 | Intel Board | 8GB DDR3 PC1600 | MSI HD5770 Juniper XT | 32 GB SSD | 4.25 TB's and counting!!

ShiftyDevil
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by ShiftyDevil » Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:38 pm

[quote="TheCarpe";p="237068"]Huuuuge update just landed in the middle of the night.

Updates to Battlefield: Bad Company 2 have been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. The major changes include:

Client R7 changelist.

Server R10 changelist
Punkbuster is required ON for ranked servers
Autobalance message goes to text-chat instead of in the middle of the screen
[/quote]

As the guy who has to run the server (with a ton of help from Stevo), the above changes make me a very happy camper. It's about time they fixed that stupid punk buster filter, one of the reasons it's hard to keep the server full and why I used to disable PB.

Stevo
Everlasting Villun
Everlasting Villun
Minecraft name: StevoTVR
Uplay name: StevoTVR

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Stevo » Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:58 pm

[quote="BETTEH CROCKHURR";p="237096"]http://blogs.battlefield.ea.com/battlef ... any-2.aspx

still waiting on this for series 4

Takes me over a minute to load games.[/quote]
I installed that driver and it made a huge difference in loading times. :D

Clay Pigeon
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Clay Pigeon » Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:04 pm

I'm getting massive artifacting of black triangles radiating out from the center of my screen. It happened as soon as I started the single player campaign. They rotate around the center of my screen as I mouselook or move. It is not heat related. No other games do it.

What do? This is on an 8800gts640, btw.

"No dictator, no invader can hold an imprisoned population by force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power tyrants and dictators cannot stand." - The prophet G'Kar

MrBlah
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by MrBlah » Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:54 pm

Got me, I had BC2 crash while an insane artifacting pooped my computer out until I hit ctrl-alt-del, and then started again when out of that window.

But also, what basically happened here is this: EA wanted a release. Production company not done. Production company says lets release a beta client to allow EA to give them more time. EA says "Time is up and now we have to release." Productions says "We still aren't done yet." EA says "So what, just release a update, later on, I don't how crappy or stupid the updates will appear."

Just another example of a how a publishing company can screw up a game. Mind you, the engine was good enough and the maps were good enough to cover up for all the absolutely terrible things wrong with the game(server browser and everything surrounding it is a prime example).
Eater of Potatoes, since 2008.

I am driven by two main philosophies: know more today about the world than I knew yesterday and lessen the suffering of others. You'd be surprised how far that gets you.
― Neil deGrasse Tyson