Help with a trade

YoullNeverWalkAlone
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Help with a trade

Post by YoullNeverWalkAlone » Sun May 25, 2014 12:29 am

I currently have a professional killstreak black box kit for sale in the Market. Going price is $42, of which I get about $36. Had a guy offer me metal worth a bud (not sure how much that is) or a strange professional killstreak gold botkiller knife mark II. None of them have ever sold on the market, but there is one listed at $75. I'm not sure if this is a good deal or not and Im having a hard time figuring out prices. ANyone able to help me?
Thanks Sparky for the sig picture!

Walk on, walk on
With hope in your heart
And You'll Never Walk Alone,
You'll Never Walk Alone

The Truth--Justice--Remember the Hillsborough 96

Rumps
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Re: Help with a trade

Post by Rumps » Sun May 25, 2014 12:48 am

I don't do much dealings on the market, but 1 bud is worth 18 keys in the warehouse which is like $45, so if you can still get that deal, seems fair. I'm not sure about that specific knife, but I would think it may be hard to sell a knife with so many "special" attributes especially because there are a variety of Professiional Killstreak options, so again I would take the metal = to a bud. Hope that helps.

bluntspoon
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by bluntspoon » Sun May 25, 2014 8:23 am

rumplenose wrote:I don't do much dealings on the market, but 1 bud is worth 18 keys in the warehouse which is like $45, so if you can still get that deal, seems fair. I'm not sure about that specific knife, but I would think it may be hard to sell a knife with so many "special" attributes especially because there are a variety of Professiional Killstreak options, so again I would take the metal = to a bud. Hope that helps.
Agree.

Larry
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by Larry » Sun May 25, 2014 9:05 am

It depends on how much time you want to spend. Don't take the knife unless you want to use it cause people don't pay as much for kill streaks anymore. The metal offer isn't too bad. That would be a very large amount of refined though. I haven't been playing or trading very much recently, but i saw numbers like 8 refined to a key. So 16 x 8 leaves you will a giant heap of metal. Metal is getting cheaper as time goes on. I can see it hitting 10 to a key pretty soon.
Thanks to Seagreens for the spiffy banner!
VIEW CONTENT:
RIP Mr. Laptop 5/21/13
USAHB-Team Hand Brake 2012 Villy-Stuff
#HL3 TVC '13
FAIL Warpath Cup 2012-Proud to FAIL
Heck's Kitchen 2011

Insane
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Post by Insane » Wed May 28, 2014 9:44 am

Looks like these guys already got an answer for you. In the future you may be interested in using what I use which is http://backpack.tf/pricelist they seem to keep the prices updated very frequently and I've never had any issues (virus or otherwise). Hope it helps :)

YoullNeverWalkAlone
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by YoullNeverWalkAlone » Wed May 28, 2014 1:13 pm

Thanks for all the help folks. Ultimately I decided just to list it on the market and not try to figure out what this guy was offering. Sold it pretty quickly and got $36 after Valve took their cut. Not bad! covers my costs for sure.
Thanks Sparky for the sig picture!

Walk on, walk on
With hope in your heart
And You'll Never Walk Alone,
You'll Never Walk Alone

The Truth--Justice--Remember the Hillsborough 96

The Spanish Inquisition
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Post by The Spanish Inquisition » Wed May 28, 2014 5:37 pm

Always take store credit from the market over trade in virtual items. The value of tf2 virtual items is always trending toward zero.

For anything worth over $5 I like to see that the item I'm selling is churning no less than 1 or 2 items a week, I'll stay in longer at a higher price, maybe even 4th or 5th from the cheapest because I can look at the sell history and know that in a 4 to 5 weeks it will be sold. Everything else below $5, I take the top ten other asking prices, do a ball park std deviation on those ten prices. This weeds out the people asking too much or more likely the people asking far too little. Then I pick a price that is about 1 deviation from the mean toward the low end. Guaranteed sale.
Nobody Expects the Spanish Inquisition!