bluntspoon
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Professional Killstreak Rocket Launcher Kit

Post by bluntspoon » Sun Jan 12, 2014 4:33 pm

I completely lucked out on my last tour and scored a Professional Killstreak Rocket Launcher Fabricator, which I have now turned into the kit. Effect: Cerebal Discharge Sheen:Deadly Daffodil.

I would really like to get my hands on a Minigun equivalent and it would be nice if something could be worked out amongst us villuns.

Failing that I would love some advice from those with trading experience on the best way to do this.

YoullNeverWalkAlone
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Re: Professional Killstreak Rocket Launcher Kit

Post by YoullNeverWalkAlone » Sun Jan 12, 2014 9:11 pm

Not sure if you are going to find someone who can trade you here, but just looking at the steam market, the rocket launcher pro kit (unapplied, but completed) is selling for $90-115. The mini gun equilvalent is $80-100. You could try to sell one and buy the other. The nice thing about buying the kit is that you can apply it to whatever mini gun you currently use.
Thanks Sparky for the sig picture!

Walk on, walk on
With hope in your heart
And You'll Never Walk Alone,
You'll Never Walk Alone

The Truth--Justice--Remember the Hillsborough 96

Plinko
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Plinko » Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:06 pm

At that price level, the 15% bite is going to be real dollars, but the convenience factor is huge. The key thing is you have the more valuable item. You *should* be able to make the trade plus get something in return if you want to go through the effort of doing TF2outpost or spend time in trade servers to generate an offer. You could sell it and have plenty of money to buy the minigun one later once it sells, but there'll be some downtime while you wait for it to clear, depending on how you price it.

The Pro killstreak stuff costs more than many Unusuals right now, now is a great time to sell it, there should be more coming into the market and I would expect the price to fall a little bit over time, so if you're patient, you could sell high and maybe buy a little lower later if you really want the minigun kit.

On the other hand, you could just sell it, pocket like $90 in Steam moneys and use it to buy games or keys or whatever other little stuff you want when you want it. I sold my unusual recently and used the funds to get through the Holiday Sale without spending any real money.
"I made all my gold into pants" - Ignatius

Loco'Danny
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by Loco'Danny » Mon Jan 13, 2014 5:51 pm

Hey Blunt so I recently maxed out my other strange rocket so I would like to try and buy a pro one,I hope you don't mind but I added you to discuss further about it. :D I can probably save up and buy some steam gift cards and buy it straight from the market or keys,whatever you prefer.

bluntspoon
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by bluntspoon » Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:45 pm

Added you Danny.

AND GOOD FREAKING LORD VALVE IS MAKING OUT ON THIS MARKET.

You only get money that you can use on Steam AND they take 15%. Holy snapping duckshit Batman, that is nuts.

Loco'Danny
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by Loco'Danny » Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:20 pm

bluntspoon wrote:Added you Danny.

AND GOOD FREAKING LORD VALVE IS MAKING OUT ON THIS MARKET.

You only get money that you can use on Steam AND they take 15%. Holy snapping duckshit Batman, that is nuts.
Haha I know what you mean Blunt,it's annoying when you try to sell something of this much value!

YoullNeverWalkAlone
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by YoullNeverWalkAlone » Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:47 am

Part of the reason bigger items people seem to lke to find traders on websites is to avoid that 15%. Its great on that $.08 item, brutal when it cost you $15
Thanks Sparky for the sig picture!

Walk on, walk on
With hope in your heart
And You'll Never Walk Alone,
You'll Never Walk Alone

The Truth--Justice--Remember the Hillsborough 96

Plinko
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Plinko » Wed Jan 15, 2014 8:48 am

I dunno, since they round them up to a full penny at minimum, they're actually getting big percentages of the transaction on the small items (when you buy for $0.08, the game and valve each get $0.01, so the seller only gets 75%, even worse it's 33% when you buy something for $0.03).
"I made all my gold into pants" - Ignatius

chaffe[seagreens]
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by chaffe[seagreens] » Wed Jan 15, 2014 9:40 am

i just sold my pro vintage gunslinger for $20.00 on the market. I would of kept it but I rarely play engie, and the kill streaker sheen does not work on the gunslinger. thought I would turn it into a few keys for the new crate coming and a few more tours of tickets to get more drops.

bluntspoon
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by bluntspoon » Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:11 pm

Well it sold for $100 even on the market. This is my first experience with high dollar stuff and I have to say I just find the concept bizarre. It's an imaginary thing from a video game. Having said that I'll probably end up blowing most of it on the minigun equivalent. I have no idea what that says about me.

Perfect Villain
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Perfect Villain » Sat Jan 18, 2014 3:45 pm

Extravagant spender!
Thanks Sparky

SchruteFarms
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by SchruteFarms » Sun Jan 19, 2014 12:11 pm

bluntspoon wrote:Well it sold for $100 even on the market. This is my first experience with high dollar stuff and I have to say I just find the concept bizarre. It's an imaginary thing from a video game. Having said that I'll probably end up blowing most of it on the minigun equivalent. I have no idea what that says about me.
Its a crazy concept, but it has been around for quite some time now. Back in the day when I played WoW, I ran into the same Chinese gold farmer pretty often. Basically, people in China would sit in their internet cafes and play WoW for 12+ strait hours to farm materials, then give it to their boss to sell to Americans... or anyone else willing to shell out big bucks for in game currency.

Well, one time I befriended the same gold farmer several times in a row, and for whatever reason he/she gave me the login to their account. I think all I said was "Ni Hao" (Hello) to them several times when I recognized them, and sometimes we teamed up to kill baddies, splitting the loot evenly. Well, I logged in as that account and just ran around for about an hour before I was bombarded by messages from two other people in Chinese; my guess is the character was either not scheduled to be logged in at that time, or someone else wanted to get on. I (don't think that I) traded anything to my main account or anyone else, I didn't want the person to get in trouble... anyway, I logged off, and 2 minutes later the password was changed. This was that person's full-time "profession".

Sorry for the rant, its kind of on topic - but in game currency for games is kind of a cool concept... especially if you own/work for the gaming company or have a way to trade it for real dollars!
Beets & Potatoes & Peas can co-exist at:

Boss Llama
Site Admin
Site Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Boss Llama » Sun Jan 19, 2014 12:54 pm

Aye, EQ had a big market like that as well. Read an economics paper discussing its in-game economy, because at real-money market values, it was larger than that of many countries. Of course, unlike a country, it doesn't simply cease to exist because a company gets bored of hosting a server, but still - there's serious cash caught up in it.

The Chinese gold farming industry is a bit interesting, as there's evidence that some of the farmers are actually prisoners being forced to play by corrupt police, who sell the take to line their own pockets on the side. Others are legitimate, if a bit bizarre, businesses. Never know what you're going to get.
-Boss Llama