Site Admin
Site Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Re: OMG Hats?

Post by Boss Llama » Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:13 pm

Indeed :-D

I'm only pursuing items in their highest "intended" quality - Vintage for things that were intended to be Vintage, for example. Definitely not pursuing the V. Bills, V. Buds, or V. Max's. :-D
-Boss Llama

Boss Llama
Site Admin
Site Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Boss Llama » Sat Feb 09, 2013 3:26 pm

Just a quick announcement, for anybody who cares :-)

With many thanks to everybody who assisted me by trading hats, tracking down needed items, and giving me great leads, I have now retired from TF2 collecting! I realized that this was on the borderline of becoming a very expensive hobby I couldn't afford, where I spent money on things that don't even exist. As Mortis wisely pointed out to me - it's not like these things will retain value in the long run - sooner or later the market will cease to exist. I achieved my goal (except the HOUWAR, which was unrealistic), and that's enough to make me very happy.

As a result, I have now cashed out my backpack with some professional traders, and earned back enough to cover my lifetime expenditures on TF2, and probably then some. I'll keep playing using just the items that couldn't be traded, the spares I had on other accounts, and whatever random drops I happen to come across.

See you on the servers!
-Boss Llama

TheCarpe
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by TheCarpe » Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:01 pm

Alizée Fan wrote:Just a quick announcement, for anybody who cares :-)

With many thanks to everybody who assisted me by trading hats, tracking down needed items, and giving me great leads, I have now retired from TF2 collecting! I realized that this was on the borderline of becoming a very expensive hobby I couldn't afford, where I spent money on things that don't even exist. As Mortis wisely pointed out to me - it's not like these things will retain value in the long run - sooner or later the market will cease to exist. I achieved my goal (except the HOUWAR, which was unrealistic), and that's enough to make me very happy.

As a result, I have now cashed out my backpack with some professional traders, and earned back enough to cover my lifetime expenditures on TF2, and probably then some. I'll keep playing using just the items that couldn't be traded, the spares I had on other accounts, and whatever random drops I happen to come across.

See you on the servers!
Your backpack...

Heck's Kitchen - TVC'08 & '11 ** The Axecutioners - TVC'09 ** Hale's Angels - TVC'10 ** CCCP - TVC'12 ** Ville Cuppin' Cakes - TVC'13 ** TheCarpetbaggers - TVC'14 CHAMPIONS

Flash
Site Admin
Site Admin
Minecraft name: FlashTVR

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by Flash » Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:40 pm

Darn it, I definitely would have taken some of those off your hands! :P

The first step to recovery is admitting you have a problem! Glad one of us has made it that far. :D

Larry
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by Larry » Sat Feb 09, 2013 5:04 pm

I bet you got a nice chunk for that vintage collection.
Thanks to Seagreens for the spiffy banner!
VIEW CONTENT:
RIP Mr. Laptop 5/21/13
USAHB-Team Hand Brake 2012 Villy-Stuff
#HL3 TVC '13
FAIL Warpath Cup 2012-Proud to FAIL
Heck's Kitchen 2011

Boss Llama
Site Admin
Site Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Boss Llama » Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:34 pm

@ Carpe - It sure feels tiny! Went from 26 pages to 3 (2 of which are from the spares and dirties I had on other accounts)

@ Flash - I wasn't really planning to dump them until I realized exactly how much money they were worth - at that point, the value was in bulk and not in parts :-/

@ Larry - Indeed! I'm sure the recent spike in value of the vintages, especially the retirees, helped my cause.
-Boss Llama