Katotsu
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Re: TF2 Warehouse

Post by Katotsu » Mon Oct 24, 2011 2:10 pm

Clay Pigeon wrote:
Katotsu wrote:This is getting annoying. I've wanted to sell items for half a day now, but first the site was down. Now that its up I'm blocked from Steam trades. This latest attempt I actually saw the trade page before the bot cancelled the trade...

Don't do it from within tf2, do it outside of game.
I haven't tried it with TF2 open, maybe that could solve the problem.

Also, are class/weapon tokens allowed? Just saw my brother's stash of them in my backpack, got curious.

ketchuo
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by ketchuo » Mon Oct 24, 2011 2:15 pm

TTHREAZ wrote:I'm completely addicted. I've sold my high profile items (Earbuds and Bill's Hat) to feed the addiction.

The good thing is I'm only 3 or 4 items away from being completely finished with all the items I've ever wanted.
How much credit did you get for that.

OmgOhnoes
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by OmgOhnoes » Mon Oct 24, 2011 2:15 pm

The new raffle system is irritating.

I know having a chance at an item is better than no chance but for high demand items you basically will have your credits sitting on the site waiting to randomly win something that you've been waiting to come up.

I was going to put in a couple vintage hats in case the last few items came up but a random chance isn't my cup of tea if i'm specifically earmarking those credits for said items.

Cephas
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Cephas » Mon Oct 24, 2011 2:17 pm

BETTEH CROCKHURR wrote:So far ive gotten 5 strange weapons, 3 hats, and some metal for a bunch of items I didn't care for or want. It's pretty awesome.

If you get Essential Accessories or Pink As Hell hit me up!

Also still looking for a Strange Scattergun
I have a spare can of Pink as Hell paint, Betteh. Anything not-paint that is equivalent in value?
Yay, target! Here to pad your stats!
VIEW CONTENT:
Also, house Medic for Fanciful Unicorns, Ocho Cup 2011 champions! (and my wife went into labor 6 hours after the final!)

TheCarpe
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by TheCarpe » Mon Oct 24, 2011 2:22 pm

OmgOhnoes wrote:The new raffle system is irritating.

I know having a chance at an item is better than no chance but for high demand items you basically will have your credits sitting on the site waiting to randomly win something that you've been waiting to come up.
I'm not sure what you're talking about.
Heck's Kitchen - TVC'08 & '11 ** The Axecutioners - TVC'09 ** Hale's Angels - TVC'10 ** CCCP - TVC'12 ** Ville Cuppin' Cakes - TVC'13 ** TheCarpetbaggers - TVC'14 CHAMPIONS

OmgOhnoes
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by OmgOhnoes » Mon Oct 24, 2011 2:26 pm

TheCarpe wrote:
OmgOhnoes wrote:The new raffle system is irritating.

I'm not sure what you're talking about.
TF2WH now has a raffle system for any item that's been on the site for less than 5 minutes.

Basically people say they want it then it randomly picks from that list of people and gives one person the reservation.

Past the 5 minute mark it's the old style reserve system.

I suppose the only up side is that there are so many trade failures that if the first reservation fails it is then first come first served once it's re-listed.

Tungsten
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Tungsten » Mon Oct 24, 2011 2:30 pm

I'm having a problem where...I can sell items, but when I try to buy, it says I've reserved it, but it doesn't put me in the queue. It shows the points are being reserved, and when I got to cancel, it says there isn't a trade to cancel, but then it puts my points back.

EDIT: Problem solved. I feel kind of...yeah...
Last edited by Tungsten on Mon Oct 24, 2011 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TheCarpe
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by TheCarpe » Mon Oct 24, 2011 2:30 pm

Huh, strange.
Heck's Kitchen - TVC'08 & '11 ** The Axecutioners - TVC'09 ** Hale's Angels - TVC'10 ** CCCP - TVC'12 ** Ville Cuppin' Cakes - TVC'13 ** TheCarpetbaggers - TVC'14 CHAMPIONS

BETTEH
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by BETTEH » Mon Oct 24, 2011 2:34 pm

This raffle system just turned me off completely. Spending my last points and I am outta here. Already spend too much time on the site and from now on it's just a slim chance of getting things I want. No Thanks, PEACE OUT HOMIE.
2004 DOD Ville Cup Champs - Hobo Strike Squad
Fanciful Unicorn! 2011 Warpath Cup + Villympics Champs.

TheCarpe
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by TheCarpe » Mon Oct 24, 2011 2:36 pm

I think I might be with you on that one, Betteh. I got the lion's share of stuff I wanted, now I was just looking for things that might catch my eye. Not much point in that if it catches 100 other people's eyes and I have a 1% chance of getting it.

Last of The Finest
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Last of The Finest » Mon Oct 24, 2011 2:37 pm

As someone who's not the fastest finger in the west, I'm OK with the raffle system. Especially on stuff like metal. As long as the points you reserve with are returned to your account, I don't see much of a problem.
Participant in Ville Cup '11, Villelympics '11, Warpath Cup '12, Ville Cup '14

TheCarpe
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by TheCarpe » Mon Oct 24, 2011 2:40 pm

The problem was if you were patient you could get that amazing item you've been wanting. I got a few amazing items I wanted because I was persistent and was willing to put in the time. Now it's not worth it anymore. All the good stuff will get snapped up in raffles that you have a slim chance of getting, and all that will be left to grab is the stuff nobody wanted. Thanks, but no thanks. I love the concept, but if they stick to the raffle thing, I'm out.

BETTEH
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by BETTEH » Mon Oct 24, 2011 2:40 pm

TheCarpe wrote:I think I might be with you on that one, Betteh. I got the lion's share of stuff I wanted, now I was just looking for things that might catch my eye. Not much point in that if it catches 100 other people's eyes and I have a 1% chance of getting it.
I know man, raked it in while it was good with metal, hats, stranges, items. I got everything I wanted and then some. I was just picking off the 200c weapons and making metal with them at this point and getting reclaimed / refined as they popped up.

Off to greener pastures.
2004 DOD Ville Cup Champs - Hobo Strike Squad
Fanciful Unicorn! 2011 Warpath Cup + Villympics Champs.

Tungsten
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Tungsten » Mon Oct 24, 2011 2:43 pm

BETTEH CROCKHURR wrote: I was just picking off the 200c weapons and making metal with them at this point and getting reclaimed / refined as they popped up.
Wait...that's a good idea...

TheCarpe
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by TheCarpe » Mon Oct 24, 2011 2:44 pm

Think I'll pick up that Genuine Righteous Bison I've been on the fence about for a few days to clear out my credits and cut my losses. Was fun while it lasted.