Inner
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Re: Allayville Banter

Post by Inner » Sun Feb 19, 2023 11:45 pm

I have installed Bluemap on my Windows PC. I used the command line version (CLI) and it works great. Three notes if you want to do likewise.

1. Despite have the latest version of Java runtime, I had to download the latest version of the Java Development Kit (JDK). After that was installed Bluemap worked. (The instructions don't mention that.)

2. When you insert your world name into the overworld.conf file you'll need to use double backslashes like so:
world: "C:\\Users\\yourusername\\AppData\\Roaming\\.minecraft\\saves\\yourworldname\\" (The instructions don't mention that either.)

3. After it renders run the command line to publish it and it will say it's bound to 0.0.0.0./0.0.0.0:8100. In your browser replace everything before the colon with your IP address (in my case assigned by router) and the map comes up! Bookmark/Favorite it for easy viewing next time.

If we can get this on our server, it would be awesome. It is by far the best map system I've seen.

Flash
Site Admin
Site Admin
Minecraft name: FlashTVR

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by Flash » Sat Feb 25, 2023 9:54 pm

I worked on it for a couple hours tonight; rewrote the backup script and have BlueMap installed.

I'm running some cleanup of old maps on the server overnight and will run a render in the morning.

(I'm still going to need to mess with the apache2 config on the web server before it'll be available though.)

Xzeryn
Villun
Villun
Minecraft name: Xzeryn

Post by Xzeryn » Mon Feb 27, 2023 6:22 am

Inner wrote:
Sun Feb 19, 2023 11:45 pm
I have installed Bluemap on my Windows PC. I used the command line version (CLI) and it works great. Three notes if you want to do likewise.

1. Despite have the latest version of Java runtime, I had to download the latest version of the Java Development Kit (JDK). After that was installed Bluemap worked. (The instructions don't mention that.)

2. When you insert your world name into the overworld.conf file you'll need to use double backslashes like so:
world: "C:\\Users\\yourusername\\AppData\\Roaming\\.minecraft\\saves\\yourworldname\\" (The instructions don't mention that either.)

3. After it renders run the command line to publish it and it will say it's bound to 0.0.0.0./0.0.0.0:8100. In your browser replace everything before the colon with your IP address (in my case assigned by router) and the map comes up! Bookmark/Favorite it for easy viewing next time.

If we can get this on our server, it would be awesome. It is by far the best map system I've seen.
I'm assuming you ran this external to the server? When I ran it, I used Fabric on the server so I could load sodium, lithium and a couple other optimization mods and just had to add the bluemap .jar to the mods folder and it did everything for me. There was no requirement for JDK, any idea what its using that requires the JDK?

The double \\ is a directory thing due to the way windows directory structure is interpreted in other environments. With the Ville running on Ubuntu it shouldn't be an issue. I have zero experience with apache only nginx and getting the map published was easy.

Xzeryn
Villun
Villun

Post by Xzeryn » Mon Feb 27, 2023 6:43 am

PSA:

Free Shulker Shells in the nether tunnel to Middea's and my base. Take what you like, there are plenty to go around.

Flash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by Flash » Mon Feb 27, 2023 8:59 pm

Inner
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Inner » Tue Feb 28, 2023 2:40 am

Excellent progress at that! Thanks Flash.

Flash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by Flash » Tue Feb 28, 2023 9:02 am

The map looks kinda funky to me, so if there are any render settings I should change just let me know.

Xzeryn
Villun
Villun

Post by Xzeryn » Tue Feb 28, 2023 12:23 pm

Flash wrote:
Tue Feb 28, 2023 9:02 am
The map looks kinda funky to me, so if there are any render settings I should change just let me know.

Agreed, In the core.conf did you change accept-download to true? That will let Bluemap download an official client file so it can pull the resources it needs to render details.

Also, bluemap may still be doing its initial rendering of the world. If it is still rendering and you want to speed it up, you could change the render-thread-count to 2, but I wouldn't go any higher.

Flash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by Flash » Tue Feb 28, 2023 1:05 pm

Yep, that is set to true and I waited for the second render to finish before posting.

Xzeryn
Villun
Villun

Post by Xzeryn » Tue Feb 28, 2023 2:17 pm

Flash wrote:
Tue Feb 28, 2023 1:05 pm
Yep, that is set to true and I waited for the second render to finish before posting.
The website seems to be failing to load the finer detail rendering as you zoom in closer. I haven't encountered this before. I'm still looking for causes and resolutions

Flash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by Flash » Tue Feb 28, 2023 5:17 pm

Might be the Apache configuration, I’ll look tonight.

Flash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by Flash » Tue Feb 28, 2023 9:24 pm

OK, BlueMap looks for the config files relative to the working directory of the script; not the JAR file (which seems dumb, but whatever...)

Got that fixed and along the way found what keeps making the website run like crap every couple weeks. So that's a win!

The map still doesn't look good when you zoom in, but I'll take another look at that tomorrow.

Right now we get backups of the map (from our host) every four hours and I'm gonna set the Blue Map to render once a day at 4:30 AM Central. We can look at increasing the frequency once I get a baseline of how long it is going to take.

Inner
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Inner » Tue Feb 28, 2023 9:54 pm

Sounds like a good plan.

Xzeryn
Villun
Villun

Post by Xzeryn » Wed Mar 01, 2023 6:42 am

Flash wrote:
Tue Feb 28, 2023 9:24 pm
OK, BlueMap looks for the config files relative to the working directory of the script; not the JAR file (which seems dumb, but whatever...)

Got that fixed and along the way found what keeps making the website run like crap every couple weeks. So that's a win!

The map still doesn't look good when you zoom in, but I'll take another look at that tomorrow.

Right now we get backups of the map (from our host) every four hours and I'm gonna set the Blue Map to render once a day at 4:30 AM Central. We can look at increasing the frequency once I get a baseline of how long it is going to take.
Great work flash!

M's
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by M's » Sun Mar 19, 2023 7:33 pm

Trying to find a blaze grinder farmer thats easy is hard to come by.