FTB: Anyone have a machine using 100 ExtraUtil2 Grid Power?

For the denizens of the Minecraft servers
black_and_blue
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

FTB: Anyone have a machine using 100 ExtraUtil2 Grid Power?

Post by black_and_blue » Sun Jan 08, 2017 8:44 pm

In the current version of FTB, ExtraUtil2 has two different power systems: RF (Redstone Flux), and GP (Grid Power). Some machines require RF, and others require GP. They are completely incompatible with each other.

GP, unlike other power systems, does not need to be connected to the receiving machine by cable. Instead, the mod simply compares the total amount of GP a player is generating with the total amount of GP that player is using. If it is sufficient, all the player's machines work. If it is insufficient, all the machines don't work.

A few days ago, I build a Resonator, an ExtraUtils2 machine that requires 8GP to run. I built 9 ExtraUtils2 solar panels to run them, and it worked fine at the time.

Now, however, the game is telling me that I am trying to use 108 GP, not 8. I did some googling and found a bug report someone filed in June suggesting that GP power might not be player specific at all. Here's a link to the report: https://github.com/rwtema/extrautilities/issues/897

Anyway, if we are doomed to be having a communal supply of GP, I'm thinking that maybe we should have communal machines as well so as to reduce the conflict over GP availability. If this is confirmed to be the issue, I'd suggest we put all GP based generators and machines at spawn.

c4ridw3n
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Re: FTB: Anyone have a machine using 100 ExtraUtil2 Grid Pow

Post by c4ridw3n » Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:29 pm

I am not using GP that I know of... but I will go back through my machines and verify that.

black_and_blue
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Re: FTB: Anyone have a machine using 100 ExtraUtil2 Grid Pow

Post by black_and_blue » Sat Jan 14, 2017 10:07 am

OK, found my problem, and it has nothing to do with anything anyone else is doing.

Apparently if you use 20 ExtraUtils2 Speed Upgrades, it gives you a penalty of 100GP. I temporarily removed the speed upgrades and my usage went back down.